Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:14:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox questions....  (Read 921 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 06:50:38 AM

I'm a fully "verified" member of Mt. Gox. I sent myself some bitcoin to my Mt. Gox account but couldn't find anywhere in my account that would let me transfer/sell that bitcoin and deposit it into my bank account. I actually sold the bitcoin for USD, then browsed the site for a while looking to find where to deposit the money and couldn't find anywhere to let do that. Is this even possible on that site?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:59:03 AM

Getting USD out of Gox is hard. That's why the price of Bitcoin is much higher there.

And likewise...

Getting USD in BTC-e is hard. That's why the price of Bitcoin is much lower there.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:27:35 AM

The withdrawal page is in the "Funding Options" -> "Withdraw Funds" page.

The regular International Wire withdrawals are not processed at the moment. If you want to have your USD on your bank account you need to contact support and ask for the emergency international wire withdrawal with 5% extra fee. This emergency withdrawal has a queue of about 4 weeks.

The withdrawal methods that do work are:
- domestic Japanese wire (delay of about 2 days)
- domestic Polish wire (delay unknown)
- Euro area SEPA transfer (delay about 4 to 5 weeks)

This is all hearsay by the way, the only withdrawal method that I've used is the SEPA one.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:05:14 PM

Jesus, then what the hell good is Mt. Gox if you can't do any transfers with it?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Rsss

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:29:26 PM

The withdrawal page is in the "Funding Options" -> "Withdraw Funds" page.

The regular International Wire withdrawals are not processed at the moment. If you want to have your USD on your bank account you need to contact support and ask for the emergency international wire withdrawal with 5% extra fee. This emergency withdrawal has a queue of about 4 weeks.

The withdrawal methods that do work are:
- domestic Japanese wire (delay of about 2 days)
- domestic Polish wire (delay unknown)
- Euro area SEPA transfer (delay about 4 to 5 weeks)

This is all hearsay by the way, the only withdrawal method that I've used is the SEPA one.

Why dont i see this data about %5 extra fee and emergency?

Mtgox > login > funding options > withdraw funds >

Notes on International Withdrawals

SEPA Withdrawals:
Due to the daily withdrawal limits imposed by our European bank, all fund transfers to SEPA accounts in Europe will take 6 weeks or less depending on the size of your withdrawal.

International Wire Transfers: 
At the moment we are manually processing wire transfers and have a slight backlog as we create a new withdrawal system with our banking partners. Your withdrawal may take 4 weeks or more depending on the amount.

Which one is viable?

Your patience and understanding in processing withdrawals is greatly appreciated.
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:01:45 AM

The 5% emergency withdrawal is not advertised anywhere, you need to contact MtGox support to be able to have that. The regular International Wire (SWIFT) just plain does not work. They are rumored to have a quota of 10 transfers per day and if that's the case it's no use even trying. There are reports of withdrawals requested in June still not being processed.

The SEPA withdrawals do work (with a delay of 4-5 weeks at the moment). You need a SEPA capable bank account for that to work. You can't withdraw USD with that, you need to convert to EUR first. Because of how the MtGox orderbook works, this costs 2.5% if you don't succeed in day trading the difference back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: