Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook credit: what to think about that?  (Read 1118 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 07:36:38 AM

I think it's amazing that millions of people are about to accept using that.  But anyway, I'm all about free market and I have nothing against private currencies after all.

So, what should we do about that?  Is is good news for the liberalisation of currencies?  Will it contribute to make people think about what is money?

I think that it will be important to offer a plateform exchange with this currency.  I hope the main bitcoin exchange websites will integrate it as soon as the facebook credit is released.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2011, 07:51:30 AM

Since Facebook can and do revoke credits I can't see much point in using something like that. I think they're trying to follow up on Tencents QQcoins

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 10:46:33 AM

FBCredits is not a currency, it's a stored value system pegged to the dollar.
nikonoel

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 11:35:00 AM

If they can revoke the credit, it causes the same problem as paypal in an exchange platform, right? Also, not sure that FB allows trading of their credits...  Undecided
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 12:07:40 PM

If they can revoke the credit, it causes the same problem as paypal in an exchange platform, right? Also, not sure that FB allows trading of their credits...  Undecided

I'm pretty sure one of the objective is to allow someone to donate credits to someone else.  If you can donate, then you can sell.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: