Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:34:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the Centralized cryptocoin?  (Read 1001 times)
burnum (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:57:45 AM

with regulations coming to the scene, where is the coin that can be tracked and regulated for tax concern's?

Now I know this can be a touchy subject, but it might be a good thing for the main stream population to have something that has a low transaction rate, encrypted wallet that removes banks from the picture, and a digital alternative to a fiat controlled by pocket lining politicians, everyone worry's about the bottom line right?

Let the community regulate the inflation, cost's associated with use, and distribution.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:04:57 AM

USD, Euro, et al.
burnum (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:18:48 AM

USD, Euro, et al.

Both are easily printed without using cryptography, I do not mean a government backed coin, but one generated by solving encrypted algorithm's, like all these other alt coins, but backed by a source that has the investment to back it.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:35:17 AM

with regulations coming to the scene, where is the coin that can be tracked and regulated for tax concern's?

Now I know this can be a touchy subject, but it might be a good thing for the main stream population to have something that has a low transaction rate, encrypted wallet that removes banks from the picture, and a digital alternative to a fiat controlled by pocket lining politicians, everyone worry's about the bottom line right?

Let the community regulate the inflation, cost's associated with use, and distribution.
The developer puts in initial parameters, they are constant and usually don't change. You're asking for a coin that can be tracked?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
burnum (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:48:52 AM

The developer puts in initial parameters, they are constant and usually don't change. You're asking for a coin that can be tracked?

Sure, The U.S. has been able to give an approximate number of where the dollar is worldwide for quite some time now, but that is not what I am saying, tracked to a degree so that its trail coming into your account could be verified to have come from legal means, during an audit from the IRS in the U.S. you might like to show your not operating a Silk Road and you obtained your House through honest work, back tracking the bitcoin could be a nightmare, most people I know might slide on a tax here and there, but in general do not want to hide multiple thousand's from the IRS, or be under an investigation because they cannot prove their wealth was acquired legally.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:02:48 AM

Bitcoin after Gavin & Co. adds CoinValidation.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:05:21 AM

Hopefully we can stop that.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
burnum (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:00:59 PM

Not looking for something built on bitcoin or any other coin, but something else, not sure...

DrYak

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:17:26 PM

where is the coin that can be tracked and regulated for tax concern's?

Note that, because Bitcoin and all AltCoins are decentralized and distributed, all node on the network end up with the whole transaction history in their local copy of the blockchain.
So most cryptocoins can get tracked any way. (Except laundry protocols like Zerocoin).

encrypted wallet that removes banks from the picture, and a digital alternative to a fiat controlled by pocket lining politicians {...} Let the community regulate the inflation, cost's associated with use, and distribution.

It's not possible to both *regulate* the inflation and at the same time remove the banks and politicians out of the picture.
If there's central control, you've just replaced the name of the regulator, you've juste renamed "banks and politicians" into "centralized regulation of cryptocoin".
If there's NO central control by design, not only have you kicked banks and politicians out, but you can't regulate anything on the coin, you just let it float around almost on its own autonomous life.

the only influence the community can have is simply indirect effect by its size (and regular economic phenomenons like demand/supply)
e.g.: currently bitcoin's price goes up, because there's a constant influx of new comer who buy to use them. They're are investing money into it (or if you prefer, the demand for bitcoin has gone up, while the supply follows the strict mathematical progression of its mining rules). Nobody takes decision. Only the massive increase of community has an indirect effect. The same happened recently with the other major crypto currencies (Litecoin) once it got the media spotlight. The same is happening currently with the minor cryptocoins as newcomer are currently hearing about them too (although I suspect that lots of the minor coin will end-up busting eventually).

If there was someone influencial on the coin, if the critical decision you mention (deciding inflation, cost, etc.) were taken by anyone instead of algorithmically/by supply/demande economic rules, that would be a single point of failure: that would be a entity or a group of person that could be targetted by government wanting to ban the cryptocurrencies, by shady groups wanting to manipulate the economics, etc. You would be back into the "bank and politician" scheme, only with a different name.
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Amateur Professional

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:23:22 PM

Sure, The U.S. has been able to give an approximate number of where the dollar is worldwide for quite some time now, but that is not what I am saying, tracked to a degree so that its trail coming into your account could be verified to have come from legal means, during an audit from the IRS in the U.S. you might like to show your not operating a Silk Road and you obtained your House through honest work, back tracking the bitcoin could be a nightmare, most people I know might slide on a tax here and there, but in general do not want to hide multiple thousand's from the IRS, or be under an investigation because they cannot prove their wealth was acquired legally.

What kind of communist country are you living in? Oh wait, murica... Proof of burden lies with them, not you to prove it. You just have to provide the documents that they need.
burnum (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:33:22 AM

Alot to ponder in just a few post's here, back to the boards to track down past info  Roll Eyes

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:39:24 AM

Not looking for something built on bitcoin or any other coin, but something else, not sure...

I think he is trying to get us to "find" Microcash LOL...

RS cultist are amusing to say the least.

~BCX~

burnum (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:11:57 AM

I think he is trying to get us to "find" Microcash LOL...

RS cultist are amusing to say the least.

~BCX~

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78825.0 after all that, who is going to touch it? RS? i once found a thread with abbreviations and such, now i guess i better put a flag on it to find it quickly so that I don't appear burned by someone who knows his $--- here and I can make a informed reply, you guys with history make it difficult for the newcomers, iz ok though-sleep when i am dead I guess

burnum (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:26:49 AM

Ripple, I was looking for Ripple, it comes close to everything I was looking for back then.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: