Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There here, and what now with Zcash ?  (Read 6093 times)
Didi CC (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:20:12 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 11:16:26 AM by Didi CC

Ready to order, the Zcash Asic from Bitmain.

What you all gonna do ?
I mine Zcash for more then a year now, but I don't know if I continue.
Zooko isn't realy clear about what he will do, the community is devided about the Asics.

I say, Fork the thing or a lot of miners will go away from Zcash, they will wait  for the final pump and after that dump  the shit out of it.....
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:06:38 AM

What will i do? Sell all the zec and never look back at that shit coin. Luckily, there are tons of other coins to mine.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:20:11 AM

The efficiency gap is worlds apart.
A bicycle can never compete with a motorcycle.
Gpus will move out of Zcash

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:54:09 AM

sell out that shit,and Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
GPU miners, welcome to zerecoin(XZC)

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:10:03 AM

What will i do? Sell all the zec and never look back at that shit coin. Luckily, there are tons of other coins to mine.

The problem is how long will those other coins last? Once bitmain starts mining the shit out of ZEC all the other large mining farms will also start mining other coins and profits will surely decrease for everyone. This is really worrying.

I'm considering selling all my GPUs and just buying one or two Z9 ASICs. Any tips?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Riptide_NVN

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:59:37 PM

Totally agree.  The more (shitty) projects that don't get away from ASIC dominance just pushes GPU hash onto fewer other projects.  The end result is skyrocketing difficulty - for everyone.

If eth and zec would fork we'd all be in much better shape.  The cunts refuse to do it.  So we're in a bad situation now.

cvsea

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:04:32 PM

Nobody cares.
Their agendas can move forward with or without gpu miners.

It should be "support the ones that support(ed) you". Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way.
Riptide_NVN

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:07:53 PM

^^ Ed Zachary

So what do you do?  Just mine the creek until it's played out.  No other deposits to mine?  Then sell your shovel and pan.  Get out.  Either that or spend more money on heavy equipment (aka, ASIC or FPGA) and compete on the big boy level.
qbert7

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:12:48 PM

With any luck this will kill zcash and its founders tax for good. Why would anyone gpu mine this right now? You can mine better coins and sell them for more of this crap.
cvsea

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:21:28 PM

^^ Ed Zachary

So what do you do?  Just mine the creek until it's played out.  No other deposits to mine?  Then sell your shovel and pan.  Get out.  Either that or spend more money on heavy equipment (aka, ASIC or FPGA) and compete on the big boy level.

Well, I'm not yet worried. My gear is paid off and hashing away making me a nice profit.

The news just came as a disappointment to me (I'm talking crypto in general) correlated with the fact that the zec dev or whatever he is (the zoo guy) said they didn't actually mean to keep the asics away if and when they showed up as they originally promoted and lead people to buy gpu's for this purpose.
They I remembered they take 20% of what everybody makes. Maybe it's just me but this is in your face robbery.
If they don't fork it will be obvious they have some kind of deal worked out behind closed doors.

Even if zec forks, I'm almost certain that in the near future Bitmain plans to have it's own version of the top 10 mineable coins.
It's just good business. I think Jihan is damn proud of what he accomplished so far  Cheesy
N2DCRYPT

Activity: 148
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:21:37 PM

Lol... if Zcash really chooses to go the way of the ASIC, I say let them go for it. At that point I'll have zero interest and zero reason to support this coin at all.

Whatever Zcash claims to be, as far as I'm concerned Dash already fits the bill and is already ASIC'd. No reason for Zcash to exist anymore imo if they go this route.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:10:56 PM

Lol... if Zcash really chooses to go the way of the ASIC, I say let them go for it. At that point I'll have zero interest and zero reason to support this coin at all.

Whatever Zcash claims to be, as far as I'm concerned Dash already fits the bill and is already ASIC'd. No reason for Zcash to exist anymore imo if they go this route.
^
pretty much this, we already have dash , if gpus cant mine zcash
fuck them and thier zsnarks , zencash will fork no doubt profits on that should double
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:01:38 PM

You miners are self centered. Miners need quality coins to mine. Coins do not need specific miners to get them.

If you were a large gold nugget do you really care about how you were extracted.

Selling your zcash over this would be a dumb financial move but your free to do whatever you want. Just be a man and don't cry when it moons and have it's moment
norminorm

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:13:54 PM

This is my post when monero did the fork.

"To ALL GPU fellow miners.
April 06, 2018, 11:43:57 PM
Guys,
 this is the message from the founder of ZCASH.
 "Furthermore, it is speculated that Equihash ASICs are out in the wild, but after a community debate, Zcash founder Zooko Wilcox stated that he ‘doesn’t want to deal with this,’ suggesting ASICs for this blockchain network will not be countered and pointed out that people are free to fork the altcoin to fight ASICs while Zcash focuses on more urgent and important development issues."
 and one of the founders of ETHEREUM (VITALIK) he would like to go POS because he thinks GPU mining is bad for planet earth (hope he goes to China to see the pollution there).
Well those TWO CLOWNS forget where they come from. Lets teach them what it is "mining power / power of the community" that make them rich.  Just stop mining there crap coins, stop trading those coins / mine and support Monero or any other coins that care about you - why because they stick for YOU."

So you guys should do "what you are the best at" - mine and support crypto but only the coins that stick for you. This community make coins like ETH and ZEC from zero to the place where they are today, now looks like ETH and ZEC they dont need you anymore - so we should dump them stop using , trading for etc. ASIC, specially when is made by one company is called centralized - a fundamental breach in the foundation of crypto world. Some may argue that we use GPU from 2 companies (AMD and nvidia) but those companies dont mine crypto.
Still believe  TWO CLOWNS own explanation to the community that support them for years (if they have the guts to do it).
Dagamus(NM)

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:26:48 PM

sell out that shit,and Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
GPU miners, welcome to zerecoin(XZC)

What pool are you using for XZC?
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:36:28 PM

Man you guys are so hilarious.

All of your care about coins being GPU minable is pure and simple greed.

Try not to  forget what crypto is for, its not just mining profits....

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

This is my post when monero did the fork.

"To ALL GPU fellow miners.
April 06, 2018, 11:43:57 PM
Guys,
 this is the message from the founder of ZCASH.
 "Furthermore, it is speculated that Equihash ASICs are out in the wild, but after a community debate, Zcash founder Zooko Wilcox stated that he ‘doesn’t want to deal with this,’ suggesting ASICs for this blockchain network will not be countered and pointed out that people are free to fork the altcoin to fight ASICs while Zcash focuses on more urgent and important development issues."
 and one of the founders of ETHEREUM (VITALIK) he would like to go POS because he thinks GPU mining is bad for planet earth (hope he goes to China to see the pollution there).
Well those TWO CLOWNS forget where they come from. Lets teach them what it is "mining power / power of the community" that make them rich.  Just stop mining there crap coins, stop trading those coins / mine and support Monero or any other coins that care about you - why because they stick for YOU."

So you guys should do "what you are the best at" - mine and support crypto but only the coins that stick for you. This community make coins like ETH and ZEC from zero to the place where they are today, now looks like ETH and ZEC they dont need you anymore - so we should dump them stop using , trading for etc. ASIC, specially when is made by one company is called centralized - a fundamental breach in the foundation of crypto world. Some may argue that we use GPU from 2 companies (AMD and nvidia) but those companies dont mine crypto.
Still believe  TWO CLOWNS own explanation to the community that support them for years (if they have the guts to do it).

Vitalik is essentially correct though.  The amount of electricity used to mine cryptos is excessive and bad for the planet.   I wouldn't say it is wasted exactly, some amount of electricity to support these crypto networks is necessary and serving a useful purpose but the sheer amount involved now is definitely wasteful and bad for the planet.

The funny thing about ZEC in particular though is that the real reason to hate on it is the 20% dev tax.  That has always been an obscene ripoff and all the reason anyone ever really needed to regard it as a shitcoin.  I have no idea how it ever got so valuable in the first place.

Also @OP of this thread, please fix your title.  The word you want is "they're" not "there".  
Mike011

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:14:41 PM

The problem is how long will those other coins last? Once bitmain starts mining the shit out of ZEC all the other large mining farms will also start mining other coins and profits will surely decrease for everyone. This is really worrying.

I'm considering selling all my GPUs and just buying one or two Z9 ASICs. Any tips?

How long will zec or zclassic, or komodo, or zencash or btg last? How long will all this last? Noone knows. What i know is what is today and today there are lots of other coins and shitmain cant get them all. Everyone seems scared shitless. Why? I have nvidia rigs and have never, ever mined any of the equihash coins.
Mike011

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:19:06 PM

"one of the founders of ETHEREUM (VITALIK) he would like to go POS because he thinks GPU mining is bad for planet earth"

So he turned from visionary businessman to concerned environmentalist philosopher now that he is full with money. Money has incredible power to change people. Vitalik needs to be reminded how his Ethereum got where it is now and who made it happen and those are us - the miners.
Mike011

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:27:11 PM

Vitalik is essentially correct though.  The amount of electricity used to mine cryptos is excessive and bad for the planet.

That is a load of crap.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: