Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: Do not wire money to BTC-e.  (Read 3171 times)
findiggle (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:34:55 AM

While I've heard of some eventual successes, I wouldn't try to wire money to BTC-e. It seems that they selectively . . . misplace transfers in, anywhere from several weeks to months. Their customer service is completely unresponsive, so if it's a question of missing documents or the like, they don't want your help to clear it up.

Can you imagine what they're doing with your money? If you can imagine it, it's probably happening.

I've had it with these fraudsters. They've stolen over $10,000 from me. Don't let it happen to you.

- Findiggle.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:04:28 AM

Opened a account with them yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:08:07 AM

You can always use bitstamp.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:27:57 AM

Thanks for the heads-up

Hope it gets sorted out soon...

Shredd

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:56:03 AM

Duly noted.
aliklik

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:58:12 AM

Just transfer in btc and trade with that. Have people had similair issues withdrawing btc from them or just depositing???
JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:59:37 AM

There was a guy earlier complaining on how he lost 35k its a real shame that they are scamming or they are having server errors
zenobly

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:34:36 AM

I too find BTC-e very difficult to work with
Maconi

Activity: 64

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:52:01 AM

Hopefully the situation with exchanges improves soon. There are so many stories of scams and difficulty exchanging currencies and etc. currently. I'm really wanting to get into cryptocurrency but it seems like a pretty huge leap of faith to give some of these exchanges anything.  Undecided

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B4hZNM87m17kEBmkZgz7TGmf2QzPaqmWKv
daviddiaz

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:14:07 AM

Sad to read, I was interested in their new USD to PPC option.
Tschai

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:20:57 AM

I have read several such posts...yet, I just had wired 1000euros and in 6 days al was verified and everything is working a-okay.
Just bought BTC and LTC...haven't cashed out yet.

So...maybe the system has just flaws?
I've also read a lot of stories like mine, where everything seems to be just OKAY.

Sooo....I don't know what to make of it.
kaowe

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:28:27 AM

Big thanks for this thread author,my friend yesterday was deposited money to btc-e,but i say for him about this thread.
Cefalu

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:40:59 PM

I have read several such posts...yet, I just had wired 1000euros and in 6 days al was verified and everything is working a-okay.
Just bought BTC and LTC...haven't cashed out yet.

So...maybe the system has just flaws?
I've also read a lot of stories like mine, where everything seems to be just OKAY.

Sooo....I don't know what to make of it.

Tschai - have you attempted to make any withdrawals? There are plenty of accounts of people trying to withdraw
and their troubles start there.
Please let us know, if you get a chance
Tschai

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:09:25 PM

Not tried it yet... Roll Eyes
Lizard

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:26:38 PM

Did you use the payment reference they requested? Just wondering if it's a system error or premeditated theft.

They got me for £1500 too.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:35:03 PM

I have sent many SEPA's to btc-e, and it works flawlessly. Their customer service also works OK, had to contact them as they increased the requirements for identification for withdrawals.
John Law

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:41:17 PM

Anyone managed to withdraw fiat?
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:04:24 PM

Anyone managed to withdraw fiat?

I only withdrew BTC.
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:17:16 PM

While I've heard of some eventual successes, I wouldn't try to wire money to BTC-e. It seems that they selectively . . . misplace transfers in, anywhere from several weeks to months. Their customer service is completely unresponsive, so if it's a question of missing documents or the like, they don't want your help to clear it up.

Can you imagine what they're doing with your money? If you can imagine it, it's probably happening.

I've had it with these fraudsters. They've stolen over $10,000 from me. Don't let it happen to you.

- Findiggle.

Why would you do that though? You should only be exchanging in BTC or some other currency, not USD. Just cash out with USD, but never invest any, unless it's a small amount
findiggle (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:56:11 AM

- Findiggle.

Why would you do that though? You should only be exchanging in BTC or some other currency, not USD. Just cash out with USD, but never invest any, unless it's a small amount

What are you on about? Why would I use USD? Would things have been any different if I'd had my (American) bank transfer Euros? It's done, so that sounds like a rhetorical cheap shot on your part, but perhaps I misunderstand you. If you've had a good experience with a similar sequence of events, then by all means post about it, and try to recover some trust for BTC-e's fast-sinking reputation.

Maybe you're asking why I would send money to a (purportedly) reputable exchange in order to exchange that money for cryptocurrency? Why would I use a business for its intended purpose? Why would I then post about how I and many others now suspect them to be shady, in order that still others may avoid our fate? Sorry, I've no clue what your actual question might be. I doubt you have one.

More questions about incompetence and/or outright fraud by BTC-e:

http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-exchange-banking-issues/

- Findiggle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: