Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:29:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: Do not wire money to BTC-e.  (Read 3171 times)
Tschai

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:57:53 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 09:51:14 PM by Tschai

I have read several such posts...yet, I just had wired 1000euros and in 6 days al was verified and everything is working a-okay.
Just bought BTC and LTC...haven't cashed out yet.

So...maybe the system has just flaws?
I've also read a lot of stories like mine, where everything seems to be just OKAY.

Sooo....I don't know what to make of it.

Tschai - have you attempted to make any withdrawals? There are plenty of accounts of people trying to withdraw
and their troubles start there.
Please let us know, if you get a chance

UPDATE:
I can now confirm that any transactions/service by and via BTC-e has been done without any loss of BTC/altcoin...and they are legit in my books.

I have withdrawn 1+ BTC today, and everything went well...although I did get and message 'You have not enough amount to widthdraw'...or something like that.
And the confirmation link in my mail triggered a Russian error, because I was not logged in.

But within minutes I did receive every 'cent' from my account to my address.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 3162

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:13:04 PM

I'd advise against wire transfers to ANY exchange.  It's much easier to do it P2P via https://localbitcoins.com/ and then you only need to transfer the BTC to an exchage if you want to buy Altcoins.
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:18:03 PM

I'd advise against wire transfers to ANY exchange.  It's much easier to do it P2P via https://localbitcoins.com/ and then you only need to transfer the BTC to an exchage if you want to buy Altcoins.

+1000

I couldn't agree more! Don't do wire transfers into an exchange if it can possibly be avoided.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
TeamICoiN

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:24:06 PM

please keep us posted as we plan on using BTC-e in the future, from personal experience we haven't had any issues.
KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:36:14 PM

Somebody recommended BTCE to me the other day. I took one look at their trollbox and left. I dont want to be associate with those unsavory raggamuffins.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:56:13 PM

Somebody recommended BTCE to me the other day. I took one look at their trollbox and left. I dont want to be associate with those unsavory raggamuffins.

Just ignore the trollbox.
eteo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:00:03 PM

I use btc-e for several weeks and i never had any problems. Just ignore the trollbox.It is ridiculous.Btc-e has very low fee
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:25:13 PM

Nothing changes over at BTC-e as they are still screwing people on a rotating basis.
read through some of the end of this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.1720

Even if your deposit is credited to your BTC-e account you may be penalized for no apparent reason.
You want to wait 3 months for a resolution as to where your money went? And get no explanation,
just missing funds or locked account etc.? Read what goes on in that thread and educate yourself
BEFORE you are lured in to BTC-e by the CONSISTENTLY LOW PRICES.
Ask yourself why they are consistently lower than any other exchange, even though they are
one of the largest by volume. TO LURE in NEW MONEY.
You might not want it to be yours...
vauhoa
Copper Member

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:49:40 PM

Actually it worked fine for me except i couldn't withdraw for over a month even though i sent them all documents. It was never the right format of scannings.. Never could withdraw from MTGOX always one . or , at the wrong place!!! I had to give up and transfer the bitcoin someplace else.
DCP

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:58:15 PM

I've heard numerous reports about people getting ripped off by btc-e after sending wire transfers. It's selective, they don't do it to everybody. If you've had good luck so far I recommend to NOT send any more wires, based on the amount of complaints your luck is bound to run out.

I use BTC-E but I only fund with Bitcoin. That way it's instant deposit and withdrawal with no issues.

H ~ O ~ D ~ L
ibejammin

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:54:26 AM

Ive been moving coin in and out of BTC-e for a while and never had any dramas
schizo

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:13:52 AM

I also haven't had any troubles  with withdraw BTC from BTC-E.
Although I recommend to avoid cashing out USD from BTC-E. Same thing for mt.gox since there is a backlog of approx. 2 months (just USD, there is no problem in withdrawing BTC from there).
coincrow

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:01:36 AM

I never had any problem depositing money to BTC-e
crimsonrain

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:26:55 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at possibly doing business with them, but Im thinking I will look elsewhere.  Again, thanks.
Coinwall

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:56:29 AM

Rly sad. Mtgox better.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:34:30 PM

BTC-e has had countless complaints against them, people have lost huge amounts of money and their customer support does nothing whatsoever. Hopefully it's common knowledge now though, it's always a shame when scammers get away.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
pissedatbitlaunder

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:27:52 PM

I've read several posts about this happening to people....or something similar with BTC-e.

It sounds like they may have more folks signing up than they have operating capital.  This could/would explain why some folks bitcoins are lost in translation for a period of time.  If that is the case, it does make one wonder just how long it will take until the operators of the site decide its much easier to simply collect a whole bunch of coins from folks and just close the site down....counting their coins while maniacally laughing at the poor folks that just got suckered.

Of course, that could just be my cynical mistrust of websites right now.  I am trying to work out a similar issue where my coins have just evaporated.

Please read my story here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453671.0

Thanks for posting the warning though.....we all need the heads up!!!!
GAML

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:01:45 PM

I have read lots of posts where people have had Bitcoins stolen from BTC-e and actually spoke to a person recently about it.  They have been no help to anyone in regards these thefts and the bitcoin are lost forever.  Stranger still is the way the coins were stolen was exactly the same or very similar in the cases I look at.  I would never trust BTC-e in a million years.  Coinbase seems the safest place to me now that Mt.Gox is closing.

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:23:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

It would be better to go to localbitcoins (p2p), coinbase (in US) or bitstamp (outside US).
Chum83

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:07:51 PM

Just thought I would add my experience also.

I just wired some cash into BTC-E and it arrived within about a week, however I was charged 4.23% in addition to all bank / agent bank charges. BTC-E have replied they only charged 1% and it was other banks who charged the 3.23%.

I called their bank komercni Banka who stated they do not charge such an amount.

Trying to find out why I got charged so much from BTC-E is like drawing blood out of a stone.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: