Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:43:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you need Technical Indicators added to the Bitcoin Chart Widget for Android (MACD, RSI, etc) ??
Yes, that would be very nice ! - 14 (70%)
No I don't need this - 0 (0%)
What are you talking about ? - 3 (15%)
No opinion - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin Chart Widget for Android  (Read 5273 times)
cousinHub (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 06:08:23 AM

@gginer
@Elkuurbitcoins
@WayTooGosu

Thanks  Wink
cousinHub (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 08:19:20 AM

Hi everyone,

As promised I have added the option to add 2 indicators in a separate panel under the chart! Here is the full list of indicators available  Shocked

* Accumulation/Distribution
* Aroon Oscillator
* Aroon Up/Down
* Avg Directional Index
* Avg True Range
* Bollinger Band Width
* Chaikin Money Flow
* Chaikin Oscillator
* Chaikin Volatility
* Close Location Value
* Commodity Channel Index
* Detrended Price Index
* Donchian Channel Osc
* Ease of Movement
* Fast Stochastic
* MACD
* Mass Index
* Momentum
* Money Flow Index
* Neg Volume Index
* On Balance Volume
* Performance
* % Price Oscillator
* % Volume Oscillator
* Pos Volume Index
* Price Volume Trend
* Rate of Change
* RSI
* Slow Stochastic
* StochRSI
* TRIX
* Ultimate Oscillator
* Volume
* William\'s %R

Please update to the widget version 2.00 if you want to test this new feature.

You will notice that "volume" is available in the indicators. This can be quite handy as personally I like to have volume displayed but not in the top panel (with price). I display volume as an indicator below the bitcoin chart. Here's an example:

http://www.wavestock.com/images/screenshot_indicators.png

So, how do you test this:

1. double click on your widget to enter the settings
2. Click on 'More Options'
3. Choose 'Technical Indicator #1' (Volume for example in the screenshot above) & 'Technical Indicator #2' (MACD for example)
4. Click OK

Have fun  Wink
cousinHub (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:26:27 AM

Hello everyone. I would need someone who has Android KitKat (Android 4.4) to confirm that everything is running fine on their device  Cry ?

Particularly, can you expand the widget to the full size of your screen (like in the screenshot I posted just before this post) ?
I'm asking because on my emulator**, I'm having some issues to do this  Undecided

Thanks for your help.

**an emulator is a tool used by developer to 'simulate' (on their PC) any mobile device out there on the market. it's not 100% perfect but a good proxy for developers to test screen sizes and Android versions.
Still, nothing better than a real device to test at the end !
incepted

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:05:21 AM

looks great, any chance to make it dynamic on screen?
bitcoinguru42

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:20:14 AM

Thank you, will be downloading soon, screenshots look great.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:18:49 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 04:28:40 PM by infinitybo

That would be very nice because we need technical indicators added to the BTC Chart Widget tho.
cousinHub (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 11:37:05 AM

@incepted just touch the widget once and it will refresh w/ real time data. what do you mean by dynamic refresh ? For the moment, it does refresh every 15 minutes or so automatically.
=> more than this would consume too much data, which is not necessary I would think  Cry

@bitcoinguru42 thanks

@infinitybo : technical indicators have been added in the latest version, pls check it out  Tongue
cousinHub (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:50:51 AM

anyone has Android KitKat (Android 4.4) and could confirm that everything is running fine on their device  Undecided ?
(can you expand the widget full screen ? how does it look like ?)

Txs
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 06:38:05 AM

anyone has Android KitKat (Android 4.4) and could confirm that everything is running fine on their device  Undecided ?

Txs

Wouldnt you be able to test this on an emulator?

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 06:39:25 AM

Txs

Wouldnt you be able to test this on an emulator?

This is a good (free) one. The only problem is that they are still working on getting the 4.4 version up. http://www.genymotion.com/

cerleo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:34:41 AM

It looks really good.I suppose it would be quite useful.
cryptoprime

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:55:23 AM

Wow! Love this app. Thanks for building it and sharing with the community! Cheesy:D
bouncemeister

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:05:47 AM

Nice, but i have windows phone 8... Wink
Any intentions on developing something like this for WP8?

btcdog

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:03:09 PM

fuck
Sand

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:14:55 PM

It's a good app, will recommend it to my friends !
cousinHub (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 06:22:11 AM

@cryptoprime @cerleo @Sand : Thanks !

@bouncemeister No sorry I'm doing only Android apps & widgets (as I'm time constrained)

@nahtnam Thanks for the Genymotion website - I didn't know about it. I will try it out. Here is a screenshot of the emulator on my PC (S4 running Android KitKat):

http://www.wavestock.com/images/S4emulator.png

As you can see, for some reason I can't expand the widget Full Screen. I think it's a problem with the emulator itself and I would just like a confirmation from someone having an S4 (and running KitKat eventually) that you can indeed expand the widget FULL SCREEN if you want to. Do you understand what I mean  Wink ?

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 08:12:36 AM

@cryptoprime @cerleo @Sand : Thanks !

@bouncemeister No sorry I'm doing only Android apps & widgets (as I'm time constrained)

@nahtnam Thanks for the Genymotion website - I didn't know about it. I will try it out. Here is a screenshot of the emulator on my PC (S4 running Android KitKat):

As you can see, for some reason I can't expand the widget Full Screen. I think it's a problem with the emulator itself and I would just like a confirmation from someone having an S4 (and running KitKat eventually) that you can indeed expand the widget FULL SCREEN if you want to. Do you understand what I mean  Wink ?

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I can't think of anyone running kit kat although my mom has an s4. I don't think many people will get kit kat so you should be fine.

testthewhiterabbit

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:31:19 AM

Great widget, I just happened to download this the other day.  It would be great to have a version that is a little bigger for smaller mobile devices (for example Samsung Galaxy S4).
cousinHub (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 04:25:10 PM

@testthewhiterabbit can't you resize* the widget on your S4 to the full size of the screen ?

(*LONG CLICK on the widget and drop it on the homescreen, then drag on the dots appearing around the widget)
cousinHub (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 11:53:47 AM

we're almost at 5.000 downloads of the widget  Shocked
I'm thinking of giving away 5 copies of the PRO version once we reach this level, just to celebrate and exclusively for this forum's members!

The way I'm thinking about doing it is the following:

1. I post a message here on this thread when we reach 5.000 downloads
2. You post a message here on this thread to say that you want the PRO version of the widget (for free)=> First IN, first served basis ! So be quick.
3. Of course you download the PRO version of the widget after posting here and you send me your 'Order number' (you receive it in the email you get from Google Play).
4. I refund your purchase in full, of course through Bitcoin (you send me your bitcoin address as a Private Message through this forum). You need to trust me on this one that I will do it. Don't worry I will **

This way, you can keep the widget on your tablet/mobile phone and be updated as I publish new versions of the widget.
& I avoid the refund costs I have as a developer in Google Play itself (by the way, if I did a refund through Google Play, you would not be able to get the updates).

Of course Google keeps 30% of the purchase no matter what if I do it the way described above. And if I refund the widget to you IN FULL, this means that I AM PAYING for the 30% margin but Hey, when you make a birthday party you always need to pay for the party don't you ? ;-)

Sounds good  Wink ? Are there any other better way to do this maybe ? (I just want to find a way so that there is a bitcoin transaction involved in the process)

Huh

**Remember we're talking pocket-change money here (the PRO widget is priced at around ~2€ euro depending on the country/currency) ... this is more to test and for fun, and honestly this would be my first 5 international bitcoin transfers I would make. So it's a nice way to test bitcoin for real and at the same time thank members of this forum for your support downloading my new widget.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: