Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping track of price paid.  (Read 382 times)
jonnyben (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:07:24 AM

Ok so this may be a stupid question but how do you guys keep track of what you have spent on each individual bitcoin purchase?

I have now bought one lot of bitcoins and one lot of litecoins. Obviously I know how much I paid for each but in the future I may forget, especially if I make hundreds of more purchases at different prices.

So how do you keep track of what you paid for each transaction? Otherwise surely you cannot work out the profit/loss?

Sorry If I am missing something completely obvious here and thanks for any help.

Jon

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:09:46 AM

Personally the transactions between BTC and fiat I make are so few and far between that I don't really keep track of the exact price I pay (all I know is that it cost me a lot less than it is currently valued at) but I imagine you'd be able to do so primarily though a spreadsheet in Excel or other program. It would also make it easy to keep track of P/L.
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:12:36 AM

use excel or a notepad

doesnt really call for a product

jonnyben (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:14:58 AM

Thanks. I was wondering if I was missing something quite obvious!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: