Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Used Fake Name on Gox - how to verify Account now?  (Read 949 times)
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:52:47 AM

Hi,
some years ago, when it wasn´t a big deal to open an account at Mt. Gox and no one cared about verification. I opened a Gox account under anonymity with a fake name.
Now I need to verify with real data that this account is mine. But how can I do that, if the name of the account is different to my real name?

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
atlosas

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:31:47 PM

create a new account, if you have money in it, then you need to buy bitcoin with it, transfer to your new account and sell which will cost a bit to you
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 01:01:30 PM

That´s not possible. I can´t do any withdraw with the old account. Even not BTC any more...
"Your account is currently pending review, please visit https://mtgox.com/forms/verification"

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
chrsjrcj

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:30:27 PM

Legally change your name to the fake name you used on Gox.

Or just come clean and submit your real info.
World Commerce

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:09:06 PM

Hi,
some years ago, when it wasn´t a big deal to open an account at Mt. Gox and no one cared about verification. I opened a Gox account under anonymity with a fake name.
Now I need to verify with real data that this account is mine. But how can I do that, if the name of the account is different to my real name?

If you are from the US, Canada, England, or Australia, I can get you a government issued ID under any name you want. The cards are indistinguishable from real government IDs. They come with holograms and all.

Guaranteed craftsmanship.

If you are interested, let me know!
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 02:12:10 PM

Good Idea, but I´m from Germany...   Cry

I could give them my legal information, too, because I don´t have any problems to pay tax for everything I earned, but my real Name is different to the used for the Gox Account. So how can they verify then...  Undecided

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:14:36 PM

Good Idea, but I´m from Germany...   Cry

I could give them my legal information, too, because I don´t have any problems to pay tax for everything I earned, but my real Name is different to the used for the Gox Account. So how can they verify then...  Undecided

Can you prove that you made the account and that the Bitcoin in it are yours?
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 02:26:11 PM

How could I prove that? I can give my documents, they could see me over Skype. It´s my Email-Adress and they can send me Emails which I could answer. Also they could call me over phone. But how can I prove that it´s my account and the bitcoins are mine?

pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:03:59 AM

For starters your an idiot.

To fix the problem.
1. Withdraw all you funds
2. Reconcile your identity with your current account
3. Deposit your funds
lerelerele

Activity: 336