Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have positive experience with Kraken?  (Read 625 times)
Kyubei (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:16:21 PM

Thinking about buying my first 0.1 bitcoin from there. How long does it take to get verified?
Crocket

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:23:42 PM

Thinking about buying my first 0.1 bitcoin from there. How long does it take to get verified?

may be a link to the site or more info ?
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:46:08 PM

It took several hours to get verified, it also took a few hours for a bank transfer.

Kraken is very good in my opinion, definitely better then mtgox and btc-e, more people should use it.
Kyubei (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:22:41 PM

so if i register with kraken and buy some bitcoins there, will kraken automatically create a bitcoin wallet for me?
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:42:53 PM

so if i register with kraken and buy some bitcoins there, will kraken automatically create a bitcoin wallet for me?

yes and no

the bitcoins will be 'stored' at kraken, and you can cash them out to your own wallet any time.

i advise using either blockchain.info as a wallet or make a paperwallet using something like https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/
BTCNations

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:56:52 PM

yes and no

the bitcoins will be 'stored' at kraken, and you can cash them out to your own wallet any time.

i advise using either blockchain.info as a wallet or make a paperwallet using something like https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/

Kreken is good, thanks for advice for paper walet.
orginalet28

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:02:06 PM

Kraken seems good to a newbie like me, im trying it out, thanks
negsulyts

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:17:42 PM

Im waiting 4 days for tier2 verification... Huh
mikenash100

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:05:44 PM

I have an account with Kraken, though I have made no buy/sell transaction as yet. only done so via localbitcoins, which went well and fast.

Will come back to update this post when When I make a transaction, but the one thing that drew me to them, is the fact that this page says they are legally compliant: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins (search for Kraaken)

And while i haven't been able to find exactly what law they comply with, i believe the fact that the company is US based, must mean it is US laws. Maybe someone else can comment on this?
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:27:04 AM

the reason i tried kraken is because mtgox and btc-e are terrible, localbitcoins takes too long (and doesn't have enough volume), and it's also adviced on blockchain.info.

i'm not disappointed, they're very good.
Tvotyls

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:36:32 PM

the reason i tried kraken is because mtgox and btc-e are terrible, localbitcoins takes too long (and doesn't have enough volume), and it's also adviced on blockchain.info.

i'm not disappointed, they're very good.

Good to know that Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: