Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I test my hypothesis that a trader can kill a coin better then a big hasher on gldcoin?  (Voting closed: December 07, 2013, 12:39:40 PM)
Kill It Already - 43 (72.9%)
Leave gldcoin alone - 16 (27.1%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To Kill Gldcoin or Not?  (Read 1283 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:39:40 PM

Now I've had a love hate relationship with gldcoin.

However Microguy really gets on my goat. He runs his 'promotion' of goldcoin ('promotion' cause he aint no real dev) with such authoritarianism that its an insult to any community behind any open source project.

Ever had your post deleted when asking a question in gldcoin thread? Their forum? Been banned from his forum?

Now plenty have tried to kill a coin with the ol 51 attacks, but this has limited success, and an strong development team can come back from that.

I have a hypothesis that a coin and be permanently killed by a market trader.

Would you like me to test it?
OGskunk

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:40:34 PM

However Microguy really gets on my goat. He runs his 'promotion' of goldcoin ('promotion' cause he aint no real dev) with such authoritarianism that its an insult to any community behind any open source project.

Ever had your post deleted when asking a question in gldcoin thread? Their forum? Been banned from his forum?

Now plenty have tried to kill a coin with the ol 51 attacks, but this has limited success, and an strong development team can come back from that.

yes pretty pretty please do
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:52:10 PM

ouch already not looking good for gldcoin  Shocked.....but unlike microguy I'll let the community decide  Grin
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:00:32 AM

Still time to vote  Wink
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:05:03 AM

test it on bitcoin
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:05:49 AM

no disrespect but you sound like a girlfriend who didnt want ot be broken up with. Why not use your energies to mine or trade a new coin. Instead of wasting your time. If goldcoin sucks, it will die on its own, thats how the market works.  my guess is you just  want to show people  you have some type of power. I am going to believe you are better then that.

j.

p.s. i dont care about goldcoin either way.
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:26:52 AM

@Kelsey

Go ahead and try to kill it but I am willing to bet your supply of GLD pales in comparison to my supply of LTC alone (also BTC and dozens of other alts) to make it rise in the best of your efforts. If you want to get publicly PWND, then go for it.

~BCX~

Well you make the same mistake a microguy said when I was dumping "you'll soon run out", totally incorrect the more I dump actually the more I gain (kinda the whole purpose to my previous dumps).

And in any case merely dumping tis not the way I'd do it, that would just give others cheap gldcoin and market would return to normal soon enough (hence why I've been against pointless pumps of coins, well if you value the coin for more then just a quick profit)

Well I know I am now the largest Gldcoin holder. As for ltc (which I won't even need to use in this) I guarantee I have more ltc then you.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:40:19 AM

This is getting good..
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:45:41 AM

KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS!
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:47:55 AM

.  (¯"~""""~,  ,-~""""~,/"¯       "  „
.  ", ¯"~--,   "¯        ,'                "
.    "~-,,,,/                "~-----~"¯) ,-",              Not fair I wanted to be a Tiger.....grrrrrrr
.           (    ,           ,---,                  ",
.          |  ,'(Ô),---~-, (, Ô),_                ",,
.           \,,-~'-~--,   ,-"                       ,""~-,
.       ,-"¯¯¯"~,      |                         /    |    "  „
.      (  O    O   )     ",,_    ,           ,-"      \        "  „                     
.       \            /_„„„--"   ""         ,-~           ",          "-,                               
.        "~-----~"\     /    ,        -~"                 "~---,,,--~"„                     
.                      ",,,,--"                                            "\
.                       /   ,                   ,            ,-            ",,\           
.                      /")  \      ,           ",      ,-~¯   ,-~""~-,     |
.                      |,-" \      |             ",  ,"       ;           "\    |
.                      |     "~, |              ," ,"        |             |    |
.                     /         ,~|           ,,-"  |         ",         ,"   /))_
.                    ,|      ,-'    }          |      \           "~---~  ,-"((_))
.                 ,-"¯"~-|      /         ,-",,___,"~, ,,,---,,,,      |  ¯((
.                 "/,,,,-~"     ,/       ,-'          ,-"¯            ,-~"
.                               , ""~-,-'          ,"¯"~--- „--~~""
.                               "/,,,--"            "~/--~

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:52:16 AM

Well then STFU and start killing GLD,

You're being called, what now?

~BCX~

Added: have no doubt your a skilled trader, I'm interested in this method and curious if I can counter it.

Please proceed.

Well strangely enough I don't really need your 'call'  Roll Eyes or even your opinion.

Simply vote or gtfo...hence the poll  Wink
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:55:46 AM

Is this going to be the next BCX fiasco?

*nudges BCX and reminisces about how your fake 51% attack was a driving factor in LTC confidence*
rapidfire187

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

!!!INCAKOIN!!!

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:57:01 AM

LTC has been good to me Cheesy

www.incakoin.com   http://nka.dencoinpools.com
NKA:NN1sE6odEKrbKpBqt56vw5jJoitDrCn9HD
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩ ۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:58:28 AM

Yes, kill Gldcoin!

Bane of all cryptocurrencies!

kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:40:03 AM

Note to microguy, this is how you run a self moderated thread, in what is mostly an open source community.

You delete comments that are blatant personal attacks, and those that are completely off topic (though off topic posts appear in this self moderated thread I will allow some leniency in the interest of fellow btt users entertainment).

You don't delete merely because others have a slightly different view, and you certainly keep those offering constructive criticism.
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:35:28 AM

Looks like more want it killed then saved, what happen to microguy's 700 tireless supporters?
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:37:05 AM

Kill.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: