Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:37:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with BTC China?  (Read 650 times)
mrblue (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:40:47 PM

I consider using BTC China to park some fiat when the bear market comes. Basically, the plan is to send some ฿, convert to CNY, wait for the crash ( Tongue ), convert back to ฿ and withdraw.

I have never been to China and don't have a bank account there, but for this use case it shouldn't be a problem, right? Do they require KYC documents? If yes, is the process fast and easy? Anything else I should consider?

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:43:22 PM

One thing you might want to consider is that China has recently stated (officially) that they are not going to buy more USD debt (and may even sell off the USD they are currently holding).

Although not clear how this will pan out yet it is quite possible that the RMB will become more valuable (especially in comparison with the USD) so your plan might backfire simply because of this (of course if you factor this in then maybe it won't be a problem).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
mrblue (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:03:08 PM

Obviously there will be a currency risk, I'm willing to take that. But wouldn't your scenario mean that I would make extra profit (I would hold CNY while CNY increase in value)?
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 01:34:05 PM

Obviously there will be a currency risk, I'm willing to take that. But wouldn't your scenario mean that I would make extra profit (I would hold CNY while CNY increase in value)?

Actually it would indeed benefit you if RMB increases in value - but I would caution not to leave BTC or RMB (or USD or any other currency) in an exchange for a long period of time.

It actually is very easy to open a bank account in China (you just need to bring your passport with you to a bank branch) so maybe you should consider setting up an account here (it's also possible to get very good interest rates for savings at the moment).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
mrblue (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:10:52 PM

Ok, thanks for the advice. Looks like my next vacation destination will be China then...  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: