Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PPC and LTC mining with gpu  (Read 797 times)
Bombarlari (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:27:45 PM

Hello,
I want to start to mine crypto-currency.
I read that btc mining with gpu is pretty much impossible so how about other crypto-currencies like PPC and LTC.
Is it still worth the effort to mine those with a gpu ?

Greetz,

Bombarlari
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:34:20 PM

Litecoin is a scrypt mining coin and is perfect for GPU mining.  There are several mining pools out there (I prefer pools over solo mining--lower risk but less reward.  I am currently mining with wemineltc.com

Litecoin is "ASIC proof," meaning that so far is has resisted being overwhelmed by these cheap ASIC mining processors.  It is perfect for the individual with a couple or even one high-end AMD video card.  (AMD is about 3 times as powerful in mining as NVidia).

PPC is popular, but it, like BTC is now being mined by folks with ASIC miners and GHz of power.

Good luck!!!
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 04:59:00 PM

Hello,
I want to start to mine crypto-currency.
I read that btc mining with gpu is pretty much impossible so how about other crypto-currencies like PPC and LTC.
Is it still worth the effort to mine those with a gpu ?

Greetz,

Bombarlari

If you're looking to use your GPU mining litecoin is currently your best bet. Like Catswold said, being that PPC is SHA-256 mining it with a GPU isn't all that effective. I put together a guide on Litecoin mining awhile back that is still relevant if you're interested:

http://cryptojunky.com/blog/2013/03/12/absolute-beginners-guide-to-litecoin-mining/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: