Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 most common mistakes of Crypto Traders (and how to avoid them)  (Read 228 times)
Bit talk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:08:14 PM

If you are going to try yourself in cryptocurrency trading, you should keep in mind, that without the understanding of essential rules and principles you will only lose your money (just like most of beginners do). For not to get disappointed, avoid these common mistakes, which are being made by most of newbies.

Mistake 1: buying on peak
There are two general feelings moving people on crypto market: fear and greed. If the coin has already reached its heights, you can suffer the feeling of missed opportunity (so-called FOMO). Greed and wish to get at least small part of the profit make unexperienced players to buy currency at the moment when experienced traders are already thinking of selling it.
How to avoid this situation?
Don’t buy any coin is there is not objective reason for it to continue the growth, and when several prolonged green candles have already taken place (have a look at the chart below).
Pay attention to resistance levels, and never buy currency when its price approach them. If you want to buy certain coin, wait until it breaks the resistance level.
Always check trading volumes of any currency you want to invest in.

Mistake 2: selling a currency after its lost of a market value
  That’s a typical mistake made by every trader at least once – but in this case the main feeling moving the trader is fear to lose. Panic among the community and negative news only aggravate the situation. Suffering mental pressure, unexperienced trader sells all his assets in hope to keep at least small part of his investments. What happens later? … The panic seller finds out, that the rate has stabilized and that the lack of patience has led him to significant financial losses.  You can view this situation on a graph below.

Fix your losses by setting Stop Loss order right after purchasing. If the positive forecast happens to be wrong, you will lose only a small part of your assets (not more than 10%).
  Don’t sell your currencies if there are not objective reasons for the total crash down. If you have already lost a lot – just hold it till the rate drops to its bottom and wait for a turnaround.
 Remember: experienced traders are waiting for you to sell at a loss – that will allow them to by currencies for cheap.

Mistake 3: exiting the position because of the small correction.
 The market is cyclical. The growth can’t be eternal as there will be always people who want to sell. If the coin sinks for a little bit or remains flat, that doesn’t mean that the trend is going to turn into descending one, and that everyone are going to sell. Before buying a currency, you should consider the investment horizon. If you’ve provided careful analyze and selected a reliable coin for long-term investments, you shouldn’t care about any price corrections.

Always follow the news concerning the currency you’ve invested in.
 Set a take-profit order on a mark a little bit under resistance levels.
 Close the position parts by parts.

Mistake 4: investing into currencies which don’t have real value
 This mistake is the result of a greed. Unexperienced players, who can’t detect pumps, purchase coins which were artificially overrated whith no having any significant value which makes it attractive for mid- and long-term investments.

Always analyze any project you want to invest in. Evaluate its importance, developers team, trading volumes, news background.
 Never invest in pumps – especially is pump has already happened.
  Never invest in suspicious coins, which are not listed on authoritative resources like CoinMarketCap or Investing.com.
 Purchase coins with daily trading volumes no lower than $1 million and market cap above $10 millions.
  Invest only in coins listed on major crypto exchanges.

Mistake 5: the lack of strategy
 Most of beginners don’t follow any certain trading strategy; they don’t diversify their risk and often invest in scam projects.

Don’t invest more than you are ready to lose.
 Don’t invest in one currency; choose several projects.
 Don’t invest in ICO promising suspiciously huge profit.

And the last one recommendation. Before taking a decision always consider all the factors which can affect coin’s price in the future. That can be:
 1)Fundamental analysis
 2)Technical analysis
 3) Statements of developers
 4)Changings in developer’s team
 5)Trading volume and current situation on the market
 6)Public opinion (forums, social media, Github etc.).
Invest safely with CryptoCurrencyUnivers!

Hope this all help for Crypto currency investors 
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:13:52 PM

It's a good material for newbies. But in my experience TA doesn't work in crypto as I expected. Even experienced crypto traders which joined the marked years ago also make mistakes when giving price predictions according to the TA. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't use TA at all buy you should totaly rely on it and always be ready to sudden changes.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:39:49 PM

That might be helpful for the newbie traders but mistakes are the great teachers so people have learn the lessons for their losses and keep it as a good lesson so next time make use of it in benefit for you.Simple rule need to follow in trading is buy low and sell high and never invest more than you can afford to lose.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:04:49 PM

We can never blame certain newbies doing things like that because of their lack in knowledge towards Cryptocurrency we should all support and help them in working out their profit with Cryptocurrency by means of Investing and trading, Well this Thread can be helpful for Newbies and might help in not doing things that unnecessarily in the Crypto Community.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:15:08 PM

If only I have available smerits, I'll give you some for this post.
Though there are some terms only experienced traders can relate, this is a "good read" for starters in trading.
I'm still learning some strategies which was pointed out in number 5. I find it hard to formulate one, so I just follow the "hodl" most of the time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:51:47 PM

If you are going to try yourself in cryptocurrency trading, you should keep in mind, that without the understanding of essential rules and principles you will only lose your money (just like most of beginners do). For not to get disappointed, avoid these common mistakes, which are being made by most of newbies.

Mistake 1: buying on peak
There are two general feelings moving people on crypto market: fear and greed. If the coin has already reached its heights, you can suffer the feeling of missed opportunity (so-called FOMO). Greed and wish to get at least small part of the profit make unexperienced players to buy currency at the moment when experienced traders are already thinking of selling it.
Don’t buy any coin is there is not objective reason for it to continue the growth, and when several prolonged green candles have already taken place (have a look at the chart below).
Pay attention to resistance levels, and never buy currency when its price approach them. If you want to buy certain coin, wait until it breaks the resistance level.
Always check trading volumes of any currency you want to invest in.

Mistake 2: selling a currency after its lost of a market value
  That’s a typical mistake made by every trader at least once – but in this case the main feeling moving the trader is fear to lose. Panic among the community and negative news only aggravate the situation. Suffering mental pressure, unexperienced trader sells all his assets in hope to keep at least small part of his investments. What happens later? … The panic seller finds out, that the rate has stabilized and that the lack of patience has led him to significant financial losses.  You can view this situation on a graph below.

Fix your losses by setting Stop Loss order right after purchasing. If the positive forecast happens to be wrong, you will lose only a small part of your assets (not more than 10%).
  Don’t sell your currencies if there are not objective reasons for the total crash down. If you have already lost a lot – just hold it till the rate drops to its bottom and wait for a turnaround.
 Remember: experienced traders are waiting for you to sell at a loss – that will allow them to by currencies for cheap.

Mistake 3: exiting the position because of the small correction.
 The market is cyclical. The growth can’t be eternal as there will be always people who want to sell. If the coin sinks for a little bit or remains flat, that doesn’t mean that the trend is going to turn into descending one, and that everyone are going to sell. Before buying a currency, you should consider the investment horizon. If you’ve provided careful analyze and selected a reliable coin for long-term investments, you shouldn’t care about any price corrections.

Always follow the news concerning the currency you’ve invested in.
 Set a take-profit order on a mark a little bit under resistance levels.
 Close the position parts by parts.

Mistake 4: investing into currencies which don’t have real value
 This mistake is the result of a greed. Unexperienced players, who can’t detect pumps, purchase coins which were artificially overrated whith no having any significant value which makes it attractive for mid- and long-term investments.

Always analyze any project you want to invest in. Evaluate its importance, developers team, trading volumes, news background.
 Never invest in pumps – especially is pump has already happened.
  Never invest in suspicious coins, which are not listed on authoritative resources like CoinMarketCap or Investing.com.
 Purchase coins with daily trading volumes no lower than $1 million and market cap above $10 millions.
  Invest only in coins listed on major crypto exchanges.

Mistake 5: the lack of strategy
 Most of beginners don’t follow any certain trading strategy; they don’t diversify their risk and often invest in scam projects.

Don’t invest more than you are ready to lose.
 Don’t invest in one currency; choose several projects.
 Don’t invest in ICO promising suspiciously huge profit.

And the last one recommendation. Before taking a decision always consider all the factors which can affect coin’s price in the future. That can be:
 1)Fundamental analysis
 2)Technical analysis
 3) Statements of developers
 4)Changings in developer’s team
 5)Trading volume and current situation on the market
 6)Public opinion (forums, social media, Github etc.).
Invest safely with CryptoCurrencyUnivers!

Hope this all help for Crypto currency investors  
The points you have written are really excellent I would like to put up some more mistakes that newbie traders make and then regret it later.
1.   The most common mistake is selling the investments at huge losses. Instead traders should hold on to their investments but only untill a reasonable stop loss.
2.   Buying the cryptos who have already rose by a huge percentage.
3.   Not diversifying the investments.
4.   Investing more than what they cannot afford to lose.
5.   Not studying and researching before investing in anything.
Lilandra2006

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:57:20 PM

I can add from myself that you should not play with borrowed money. How many cases have people borrowed from banks, and after a complete collapse at the crypto-exchange, they could not repay their debts. Trade only costs what you are willing to lose.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
xianbits

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:41:30 AM

I can add from myself that you should not play with borrowed money. How many cases have people borrowed from banks, and after a complete collapse at the crypto-exchange, they could not repay their debts. Trade only costs what you are willing to lose.
I also have read here in the forum about one member ended up in a great loss when he bought 3 BTC when it hits 19,000$. The money he used was a borrowed. That's very heartbreaking, a mistake no one would want to try.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 10:28:42 AM

The mistakes you wrote here I made myself when I was a beginner. Now I practically do not admit them. Your material is very useful and I think it will help beginners.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:30:04 AM

buy high sell low!
trading or investing to an alternative coin without studying the token or coins.
PANIC selling
getting into more FUD.

you can avoid this by researching more and avoid getting panic.
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:37:46 PM

That would actually be one dumb thing to do anyway. Even your own money is not safe when trading as a crypto trader unless you have some great level of knowledge.

Nevertheless, rather than saying not playing with borrowed money, I would rather say, you can still go ahead with borrowed money as long as you know what you are doing. The only problem is to have borrowed money and you are trading with no knowledge at all. That is someone who is set for doom!

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:08:47 PM

The mistakes you wrote here I made myself when I was a beginner. Now I practically do not admit them. Your material is very useful and I think it will help beginners.
The truth is that experience usually helps in any investment and there is no one who is perfect or would say at some point in time, they did not make a mistake they eventually ended up learning from. This is something that is pretty normal for everyone as we cannot always have it every way but the good thing is that we try as much as possible to learn to pick up from the mistake and do it better next time. It would only be foolish to be making the same mistakes over and over again.
streamplus

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:25:29 PM

I like this advices, thank you for this awesome share.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:24:56 AM

buy high sell low!
trading or investing to an alternative coin without studying the token or coins.
PANIC selling
getting into more FUD.

you can avoid this by researching more and avoid getting panic.
That first one is definitely what most people even on this forum who have seen the opportunity to trade are always facing, lol.  It is very crazy that so many people just want to make money and they always end up skipping all the important part to do it right which is the main reason they always end up the way they do by losing so much.  The first two you mentioned is what always end up giving in room for the last two and there is no way they can ever help it without learning.
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:34:43 AM

I also have read here in the forum about one member ended up in a great loss when he bought 3 BTC when it hits 19,000$. The money he used was a borrowed. That's very heartbreaking, a mistake no one would want to try.
Such a foolish move to be done when you caught up on the hype and believing that bitcoin price would rise up even more. This is really indeed a risky thing which we should not borrow or took a loan just to invest because we dont guarantee the profitability on this volatile market. Put up on mind that dont ever buy coins on ATH or peak prices because high chances of price pullback will really happen.Dont FOMO if you dont like to get wrecked.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:26:07 PM

Why on earth will someone use borrowed money to buy into FOMO ? That is the greed we keep talking about. It has been said so many times on this forum that people should only invest what they can afford to lose.

Borrowed money is not what anyone should be able to afford to lose and a huge amount like that is not even what someone on earth would want to lose, but I guess the mindset of people when it comes to greed and looking for ways to get rich quick will always put them into a huge problem.
FOUAD1994

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:35:28 PM

Crypto trading is easy to learn , but you haev to search for the best knowlodge
Bit talk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:57:16 AM

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts and opinions in this post
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:03:10 AM

Very well said from the OP  Wink I've made some mistake in the past in trading but now I know how to handle it because of the help and advise from expert here on the forum, it is always good to learn first and do your research before entering the trading because the risk is always there.

xianbits

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:21:01 PM

Why on earth will someone use borrowed money to buy into FOMO ? That is the greed we keep talking about. It has been said so many times on this forum that people should only invest what they can afford to lose.

Borrowed money is not what anyone should be able to afford to lose and a huge amount like that is not even what someone on earth would want to lose, but I guess the mindset of people when it comes to greed and looking for ways to get rich quick will always put them into a huge problem.
I just noticed this comment.
Anyway, the answer of the question is in the question itself. It's because of FOMO. Maybe that time, he/she was not yet aware of the risks he/she was about to face. Truly, little knowledge is dangerous.