Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - help needed!  (Read 587 times)
krone9 (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:27:39 PM

I'm guessing that they are just backed up with support tickets with the recent craziness but on the off chance someone from Coinbase sees this, I'd really appreciate a response as I'm not sure whats happening:

I made a panic sell/buy combo about a week ago when the price started crashing. When I made the sale I instantly regretted it and about an hour later rebought (at a slight loss)

Should have been fine - they credit my account, and then take the money for the purchase slightly later - and judging by the dates I was told in my transaction history there should have been a couple of days difference.

I emailed support a couple of times to check that this would be ok - and to ask them to just debit the difference to be sure. I thought it would probably be ok as normally they take payment the day before I get the coins.

You can guess whats coming - no reply to any of my emails, and then they processed them out of sync. My purchase was cancelled for lack of funds, and the sale went through the next day (and has been credited).

This is not a fraudulent cancellation - I've always left money in my account previously to cover purchases which I could have made several thousand on, had I cancelled, because I'm not a thief. In this case, its just a mixup on both sides, and I'm just frustrated that they didn't read/respond to my requests. How can I get them to resubmit payment?

If  they'd even replied to tell me this would be happening I would have found additional funds from somewhere to cover (hindsight is a wonderful thing)

Any advice? I've had responses from Coinbase before but its never taken this long - in my short time with them, I've found them to be pretty straightforward, open and reasonably responsive to questions.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 02:27:23 AM

PM the user "Olaf (coinbase)" and he will probably fix it...

krone9 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:06:29 AM

thanks for the advice - have done so.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 04:07:17 AM

thanks for the advice - have done so.

Dont expect a reply until next week. He doesnt work at all over the weekends. If you dont get a reply by Tuesday, re-pm him.

axilla

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 05:22:26 AM

been waiting about 3 weeks, no response from olaf.. going on 2 months waiting on a response from Coinbase.. They're a bunch of fucking crooks.

www.coinbase.com/account/cancel

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 06:30:53 AM

been waiting about 3 weeks, no response from olaf.. going on 2 months waiting on a response from Coinbase.. They're a bunch of fucking crooks.

www.coinbase.com/account/cancel

Once a hater, always a hater. I feel the same way about just dice... Just keep on trying!

krone9 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:22:51 AM

Coinbase have contacted me today to say that they are snowed under with email and to ask if I still needed assistance.

I have replied back to confirm and will let you know how it goes - sounds pretty reasonable to me.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 02:28:59 AM

Coinbase have contacted me today to say that they are snowed under with email and to ask if I still needed assistance.

I have replied back to confirm and will let you know how it goes - sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Same here... Got the same message...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: