Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:37:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin is good for mining now ?  (Read 582 times)
Ducklouis (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:55:18 PM

Which coin is good for mining now ?
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 02:05:00 PM

Regarding the market which are very volatile now. I don't think mining is really profitable for now. Some people still mining because they are already attached to it. But if you still want to try on mining a coin, I think Ethereum, and Monero is still the best option. Or you could try new coin with much hype like NANO or ETN.

qqwx
Copper Member

Activity: 465
Merit: 14

https://bit.ly/2ULYQsr-Bounty-Telegrm- @qqwx11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:09:36 PM

This is altcoin discussion thread though, But you posted about about mining. You can post mining section Then you will get more valuable answer.
No problem, I think Ethereum now best choice for mining. Its price increasing day by day. So should to mind to ETH.
Otherwise think about BTC.

Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 08:31:08 AM

My friends started mining Ethereum and Monero when Bitcoin started to fall early this year.
and until today they're still mining both coins because somehow they are profitable than Bitcoin.
There are too many altcoins that trying to call miners but those two coins are still better than some coins.
If ever I do have some mining rigs then I should do the same as Bitcoin is more difficult this time.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:33:44 AM

It depends on your GP but the most popular is still ETH. But if you are not comfortable with it always check the stats on https://whattomine.com/
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:23:28 PM

Ethereum is the best coin for mining now. It is more profitable than mining bitcoin. Monero is also profitable. These are my 2 best bets. These two are very promising coins and we could see the huge rise it has made since the great fall. But remember that in order to make huge profits in mining, you should consider the cost of mining.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:27:07 PM

Monero is a good coin that you can mine now and the best part of it is that you really do not need a lot of expensive hardware like you would need to mine bitcoins, if you have a computer with a nice GPU or just a CPU you can mine a good number of monero without problems. This is the one that I can confirm myself right now, there are others out there so you can just search for them.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
AlbertoMelo

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:31:20 PM

Regarding the market which are very volatile now. I don't think mining is really profitable for now. Some people still mining because they are already attached to it. But if you still want to try on mining a coin, I think Ethereum, and Monero is still the best option. Or you could try new coin with much hype like NANO or ETN.

I'd wait ETN get the ASIC resistent fork on may 31 to mine it.

If I was to mine something now , I'd risk BTX . But more on valuation expectation than anything else
manlyxman

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:34:04 PM

My friends started mining Ethereum and Monero when Bitcoin started to fall early this year.
and until today they're still mining both coins because somehow they are profitable than Bitcoin.
There are too many altcoins that trying to call miners but those two coins are still better than some coins.
If ever I do have some mining rigs then I should do the same as Bitcoin is more difficult this time.

A lot depends on the rig as you said but ETH is probably still a safe choice I think.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:39:40 AM

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (currently sponsoring 329 Orphans monthly!)  
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only)  
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance, Proposals & Voting), Live 10% Monthly Budget
- Proof of BibleHash (POBh) algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes  
- Ranked #145 in Code Commits

630+ million BBP coins in circulation, 5.2 billion by Year 2050

Launched July 23rd 2017, Market Cap $2 million, $0.003 per BBP
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/

38% of BiblePay coins are rewarded to Healing and Curing with Distributed Computing [Contributing CPU Cycles to Science Research]
- Rosetta@home (Cancer, AIDS/HIV, Malaria, Alzheimer’s)
- World Community Grid (Cancer, AIDS, Zika, Tuberculosis, Clean Energy, Ebola)

Mining Guides:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

VTYU1700

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:35:17 PM

I think that you should mine Ethereum. This options seems to be the best. Mining it myself right now. Perhaps some other coins will do, but i suggest stick to the ETH
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:40:00 PM

It depends on your GP but the most popular is still ETH. But if you are not comfortable with it always check the stats on https://whattomine.com/
Consider ethereum will move to the POS casper and it has stated in the whitepaper if the block reward will be reduced from 3 ethereum to the 0.6 ethereum and it will not be a good choice for long-term. Lisk looks another good option for OP. But it looks like OP needs a new coin to make it worth to be minted.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:44:23 PM

Mining is one of the biggest thing that requires a lot of things including time, money for capital and steady power. Hopefully, you’ve considered these factors before thinking of mining ⛏ any crypto. If those factors stated above is untampered with, them I would advice you go for Ethereum. Mind you,
mining is not a get rich quick step. #justmyopinion
familiabitcoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 02:49:11 PM

if I become you, I choose to invest into altcoin or BTC. Because it is not hard to upgrade the PC and spend a lot of cost every month for electric power and maintenance PC / leptop / other miner tools. If you invest better wait for the price to fall in the market and hold it until the peak of the highest price then sell the coin with multiples

BITCOIN REAL  ╼ ╏ ╾  THE REVOLUTION BEGINS
BTCr - BTC Revolution 2.0 - A Community Hardfork
dalecom

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:44:35 PM

Best thing is to look at whattomine.com and see which coin produces the highest income for your mining setup, then trade those coins for ones of your choice.
siagh357

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:36:09 PM

Coins that have less difficulties obtaining a block like monero and zcash are highly recommended for mining than bitcoin or ether. There are coins with less popularity which give high payout. Research on them
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:39:27 PM

I find ethereum to be better to mine than many other coins that were available for mining. Because, the block difficulty hasn't increased much with time letting the miners get the average earning without any further addition of GPU depending on the difficulty increase. Also it has the less power consumption.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:46:27 PM

For mining i think bitcoin is still the best now, and it easy to mining in bitcoin right now than other altcoins and it give more benefit and its worth it too because you will get big profit, but you need a lot of effort too like high maintanance, high electricity debt and noise from sound, because you must have a lot of equipment to mining coin
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:51:17 PM

The pre-coding industry is spread all over the world and includes everyone, from miners to small operators with a few GPUs to large data centers. I think the best coin you should exploit is the ripple. It will help you become rich in the next year.
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:55:46 PM

Exploitation of coding money is widespread and is widely practiced. How can you exploit a valuable coin. I think the best coin you should exploit is bitcoin. I think no matter what, bitcoin is the first currency and has many great achievements.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: