Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:07:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help us choose the 6th cryptocoin securities market for CIPHERTRADE  (Read 10404 times)
tiaguitah

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:08:48 AM

Please consider Datacoin,

[ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (FAQ & plans added)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0

http://datacoin.info/

https://datacointalk.org/

gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:40:05 AM

Can I just add to this with a slightly off topic request: that your site uses proper price charts, or even better - supports Metatrader 4? Something sorely missing at the mo (along with PayPal support;).
Thanks

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:27:27 PM

Interesting project, I will be following this.

I would recommend Megacoin since it has strong community support and the website is available in 14 different languages.  This will be a huge factor in global adoption and trading revenue..

Digicoiner

Activity: 310

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:35:57 PM

I think Yacoin and Digitalcoin are worth considering.  They've been around for over 6 months and both are rising in the ranks and have a solid base of supporters.
tiaguitah

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:01:00 PM

I think Yacoin and Digitalcoin are worth considering.  They've been around for over 6 months and both are rising in the ranks and have a solid base of supporters.

and 0 inovation.

DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:02:53 PM

I dont think adding quark is a good idea since it seems like its a pre mined secure coin in my eyes

Digicoiner

Activity: 310

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:58:15 AM

and 0 inovation.

I'd say Yacoin was innovative when it was released with it's N-factor change, PoS/PoW and CPU based mining.  Digitalcoin is a solid PoW coin with improvements over litecoin.  And there is active development and services for both coins.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:07:16 AM

Gridcoin is the most unique coin on the market now. It has a very dedicated developer team. The first coin to integrate Boinc credits and info right into the blockchain. Just download the client and you can see how cool it really is.
jgorham

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:01:51 AM

I had not looked at Quark before. I thought it was just another scum coin. That looks very interesting indeed. A coin with a USP focused on security is definitely a niche. Of course there's the likes of Cryptogenic Bullion which strive to be extra-secure, but I don't think they have actually made any differences to the base scrypt coin other than increase the confirmations requirements.

I would caution against Quark. With 98% of the units mined Quark is uniquely vulnerable to a 51% attack. Quark's market cap was so small during the mining phase that ASIC miners were never built. The market cap is now huge but there aren't substantial incentives to develop ASICs for mining with only 2% of coins remaining.

On the other hand, a bad actor would have incentive to develop ASICs to gain 51% of the market network. That entity would then perform as much double spending as possible, gobbling up bitcoin/alts in the mean time.
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:47:02 AM

I think Digitalcoin and Worldcoin would be great additions. They both also have USD Exchanges coming out soon!
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:48:44 AM

Add MEC!

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:39:12 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 10:58:28 AM by Sharky444

I think there are two major candidates.

1. DTC Datacoin, because it does something useful besides being a currency (stores user data in the blockchain, paid by DTC).

http://datacoin.info/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0

2. QRK Quarkcoin, because of the market cap.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.0

p.s.

Maybe also Nxt, but it will be difficult to implement.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.0

Radix - just imagine
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 06:41:49 AM

Where is CGB?  Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
laowai80

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:10:43 AM

Quarkcoin I think, but you should have a direct Quarkcoin<->USD or Euro or British Pound exchange, not just Quarkcoin<->BTC trading pair.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:25:53 AM

I think Digitalcoin and Worldcoin would be great additions. They both also have USD Exchanges coming out soon!

How about a coin that already has an its own USD exchange. TAG is the obvious choice - services, dev team, and exposure other alts can only dream of.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:27:38 AM

I had not looked at Quark before. I thought it was just another scum coin. That looks very interesting indeed. A coin with a USP focused on security is definitely a niche.

Look again, Quark is a complete scam from the outset.

SecureCoin is based on Quark so it uses the same hashing changes but it has a sane economy behind it.

Nearly all Quark will be mined by the end of this month - that's right - nearly all of them.

SecureCoin uses the Bitcoin coin generation model hence it has some sustainability as the coins will be generated over many years instead of a few months.
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:12:50 AM

I had not looked at Quark before. I thought it was just another scum coin. That looks very interesting indeed. A coin with a USP focused on security is definitely a niche.

SecureCoin is based on Quark so it uses the same hashing changes but it has a sane economy behind it.

Nearly all Quark will be mined by the end of this month - that's right - nearly all of them.

SecureCoin uses the Bitcoin coin generation model hence it has some sustainability as the coins will be generated over many years instead of a few months.

I thought SecureCoin was dead. It disappeared from the CoinMarketCap.com because the blockchain explorer stopped working, and if you download the client it cannot download the blockchain (even if you add all the nodes available in the thread).

Radix - just imagine
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:17:33 AM

I thought SecureCoin was dead. It disappeared from the CoinMarketCap.com because the blockchain explorer stopped working, and if you download the client it cannot download the blockchain (even if you add all the nodes available in the thread).

It's far from dead, it's trading for over $2 on btc38.com, the chinese exhange.

If there's problems with the original set of nodes then the package should be updated.

There are a bunch of permanent nodes right now and the network is just fine.

CryptoAve is launching soon as well, this will have a limited number of currencies on it, I'm not entirely sure which ones it will be limited to but I know BTC, LTC, DGC and SRC will be on it.

This is a USD fiat to Crypto exchange.

SRC and DGC are also going to appear on more Chinese exchanges.

elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:40:41 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 02:40:54 PM by elambert

This is wonderful news! Looks like you have a solid business plan as well as a talented support team. When viewing the current crypto landscape, from an exchange point of view, the primary concerns are attracting customers, trading volume and finances.

There are different ways to go about this including:

1) Adding many coins (difficult to manage and causes market saturation and performance issues)
2) Adding just the main long term established coins / "bread and butter" (brings nothing new to the market and relies on luring other exchange's users)
3) Adding a blend of established coins and new coins (can be risky as the newer coins can be harder to predict volume/trading interest)

Personally I feel approach number 3 to be the best and most conducive to success. This appears to be the strategy selected by CIPHERTRADE which I find refreshing and exciting!

Now the question comes to coin selection.

1-3. listed coin choices (plus NMC) are all solid and established currencies and in my opinion great bread and butter coins to build on

4. Primecoin is new, but unique with a large following and top notch dev team. Although newer, I also view this as a bread and butter coin due to its listing on major exchanges and creator (these first four, sans NMC, ironically are the only ones that I am invested in other than CGB - which in full disclosure I am involved with on the development side)

5. ANC is a very interesting coin that fills a niche and has an established following plus exposure on numerous exchanges. Although it has had issues in the past, it treads in some uncharted waters and appears to have long term goals. Your reasoning for addition is valid, however I am one from the school of thought that if the Govt wants to shut something down, they will find a way.

6. Huh

The proposed coins mentioned in your thread:

Quark - new currency with explosive growth in the past couple of weeks. Extremely popular at the present and has a rather unique design. I am not sure what the future plans are for this currency though as I could not find any white papers or mention of development plans (I could be wrong).

Megacoin - another new currency with explosive growth in the past couple of weeks. Very popular in China and listed on a couple of Chinese exchanges. Very strong community support and seems to have a talented dev, although not very accessible.

Feathercoin - one of the first coins to come along that would not classify in the bread and butter category, yet old enough that it could be included. I think this is a solid addition but not in the category of adding something unique to attract market share to your platform.

My proposed addition:

Cryptogenic Bullion - bet you didn't see that one coming! Cryptogenic Bullion is another one of the newer currencies. Here are my reasons to suggest it for consideration:

- Hybrid algorithm to provide added security as well as to pay interest via Proof of Stake
- Extremely scarce (~1 million) so the cost per unit could expand exponentially and still be undervalued
- Large marketing budget that helps to bring crypto exposure to new markets (appeared 2 times on Yahoo finance, well over 10k likes on FB, etc)
- Offers annual awards for development/services (first awards this month)
- Devoted, innovative, top-notch lead dev who is public and available
- Major project in the works to tie to CGB (see MADEsparq)
- Fluctuation between #8 and #16 market cap in the past few weeks

Cryptogenic Bullion has made these accomplishments while having the least opportunity for exchange exposure in comparison to any of the other cryptos in the top 20 market cap. Really amazing if you think about it. The unknown is where does CGB volume go when it does finally start to get its opportunities for exposure? My biased opinion says through the roof, but something for the CIPHERTRADE team to consider.

BTW, all of the suggestions in the OP are excellent and in my opinion should also be added. I think a good balance of 4 established bread and butter coins plus 4 new addition coins is the recipe for success here.

Good luck and Godspeed!

- Apologies for any grammatical errors in posting as I have a fussy baby in my ear while writing this.

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:28:01 PM

+1 for CGB! With Madesparq as an innovation to the blockchain, I think it would be a great idea to adopt CGB! If has stable growth compared to most of the other alts, jumping and crashing caused my pumping and dumping. Devs/Admins of Ciphertrade, please consider CGB as your 6th coin  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender