Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:21:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Banknotes  (Read 15218 times)
wasaisi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:41:52 PM

Is this a good breakthrough for bitcoin? I myself do not really understand whether this is really necessary for bitcoin at this time. Because this seems to be useless if bitcoin users are still not too many and still many people who do not know about the bitcoin itself.
Louise0910

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:55:31 PM

As the popularity and value of Bitcoin increases so do its adoption. Recently, about 4,000 new ATMs were introduced in Argentina. A drastic transformation in this sphere is being brought by Tangem that is trying to make the cash like transaction through cryptocurrencies a possibility for the users.

Tagem, a new smart banknote platform is launching the bitcoin banknotes in Singapore, which is known for its blockchain and crypto favorable regulatory measures. The notes will be on sale at the Megafash Suntec City store. The aim is to mass produce the physical notes of bitcoin in millions by the end of 2018.

Continue reading: https://coingape.com/bitcoin-banknotes-ready-to-replace-traditional-currency/
awesome that bitcoin has now its physical image this will be the beginning of a mass adoption of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Tuyoqhh

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:45:38 PM

That's quite another revolution in the crypto world; i would just about love to have some BTC bills in my literal wallet, probably pay my tithes with it. Its a welcome innovation for me.
infofarmer

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 10:03:05 AM

That's quite another revolution in the crypto world; i would just about love to have some BTC bills in my literal wallet, probably pay my tithes with it. Its a welcome innovation for me.

Haha! Coming to you soon!

awesome that bitcoin has now its physical image this will be the beginning of a mass adoption of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

We hope so. People are visual, physical creatures and Bitcoin sorely needs better, human-friendly interfaces to use it.

Is this a good breakthrough for bitcoin? I myself do not really understand whether this is really necessary for bitcoin at this time. Because this seems to be useless if bitcoin users are still not too many and still many people who do not know about the bitcoin itself.

About two billion people have heard about Bitcoin by now, but it's too cumbersome for most of them to try. The earliest holders of Tangem Notes in Singapore were predominantly first time users — and they are spreading the knowledge by showing the physical Bitcoin to everyone they meet and explaining as much as they can.

While it is difficult to imagine how these banknotes will go as a means of payment, but how they can be used as bonds. The organization that issued them should guarantee their redemption at par value in the case of presentation for payment.

Fortunately Tangem as a business does not have to guarantee anything — the Bitcoin value is physically on the smart banknotes, inside a highly secure chip, and can only be accessed by the current holder.

It would definitely be possible to use Bitcoin "banknotes" in this way, as bonds, but personally, I don't see a lot of purpose in that, especially when you can just keep your bitcoins on the blockchain while the keys to your coins in some safe place outside it. Really, what if this device fails or malfunctions due to natural wear and tear (or because of some other reason), what are going to do with it then, throw it away? Bonds as they are bring you interest, but what kind of interest these devices are going to give you? There's none, so they are pretty useless in this field of application. Apart from that, you don't need redemption as you can "redeem" the bitcoins in this device yourself.

These thingies are basically a hardware wallet (like Opendime sticks).

I think right now Tangem notes are the safest way to hold Bitcoin in the world. If you keep it physically secure, it should work for centuries (40 years certified), but more importantly the private key does not have a copy. With almost any other way there's always a risk someone would have a copy and you could lose everything.

While Opendime is closest to Tangem in principle, it follows a different security model and is less friendly to the mass consumer, we believe. Nonetheless, we are big fans of their work :-)
znakistu

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:46:46 AM

the first such banknotes with a face value of 0.01 and 0.05 BTC were issued in Singapore. they are mini-hardware purses of cold storage, only they can be physically transferred from hand to hand and used as a means of payment. according to the developers of banknotes, they are completely safe and protected from external interference.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Girlsbit

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:18:59 AM

Some crazy idea.  When paying in this way it is impossible to get change.  I recall the comic news as gypsies near the market sold coins with a nominal value of 1 bitcoin.  Such banknotes can only be used for a comic but still useful and slightly valuable gift to a friend on his birthday.
upinros

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:20:27 AM

This means that Bitcoin is becoming more popular and well known all over the country and the Blockchain technology has grown because it creates a kind of bank notes that can not be hacked or destroyed. I think if they increase their idea a little bit, they can turn this into a Bitcoin card that you can use to pay, much more secure than smartphones.
jajanggsr

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:48:50 AM

well i thinkit doesn't look good. Why would we even need banknotes when we have smartphones in our pockets which can store our bitcoins securely? There are many well coded wallets for Android and iOS which are fairly easy to use. I understand that some people might have problems with using Bitcoin, but it's not that difficult at all if you are not interested in coin control for example but i doubt it they will there are way too many logistics involved, and the institution which will take the task to print the will have to go through way too much process to get it legalized
jefrihunter

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:58:13 AM

well i think the infrastructure is being ramped up which is needed. The underlining technology is there we just need more infrastructure and adoption to see the whole market increase. What I would say regarding the bank notes is that I think it is bit of a novelty. The beauty of bitcoin is that is is massively divisible and can be sent cross borders and Another advantage of banknotes before online transactions is the developers call the instant payment and the absence of commissions

Zeppelins
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:04:48 PM

My opinion is that the bitcoin of a banknote is absolutely superfluous and useless. This is extremely inconvenient and not practical in terms of everyday use.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:28:32 PM

What is the denomination of banknotes in these terminals?Do you know?
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:32:29 PM

I strongly appreciate the presence of this bitcoin paper currency. It provides a good sign for bitcoin to perform its function as a means of payment. This also becomes a breakthrough technological innovation that can bring bitcoin better known to the public at large. This also benefits the bitcoin because people's trust in bitcoin can return well again and many people choose bitcoin for transactions and investments. That’s a bit of my opinion about bitcoin banknotes. Hopefully, bitcoin banknotes is soon realized and socialized well.
infofarmer

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 09:40:59 AM

I strongly appreciate the presence of this bitcoin paper currency. It provides a good sign for bitcoin to perform its function as a means of payment. This also becomes a breakthrough technological innovation that can bring bitcoin better known to the public at large. This also benefits the bitcoin because people's trust in bitcoin can return well again and many people choose bitcoin for transactions and investments. That’s a bit of my opinion about bitcoin banknotes. Hopefully, bitcoin banknotes is soon realized and socialized well.

Thank you! You can help already by becoming a Tangem Merchant and spreading the banknotes around while making a profit :-) https://tangem.com/sell

What is the denomination of banknotes in these terminals?Do you know?

We currently print 0.01 BTC and 0.05 BTC. We're also starting to print other tokens. At the moment there are no «terminals» — these smart banknotes are sold and accepted manually. However, we're planning to manufacture certain hardware.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dgr7Zb1WkAAj5Zt.jpg
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 02:31:22 PM

We currently print 0.01 BTC and 0.05 BTC. We're also starting to print other tokens. At the moment there are no «terminals» — these smart banknotes are sold and accepted manually. However, we're planning to manufacture certain hardware.

That looks pretty smart but what does it do? Is it like an ATM or can you both buy and sell cards?

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Chupacabras

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:38:50 PM

As the popularity and value of Bitcoin increases so do its adoption. Recently, about 4,000 new ATMs were introduced in Argentina. A drastic transformation in this sphere is being brought by Tangem that is trying to make the cash like transaction through cryptocurrencies a possibility for the users.

Tagem, a new smart banknote platform is launching the bitcoin banknotes in Singapore, which is known for its blockchain and crypto favorable regulatory measures. The notes will be on sale at the Megafash Suntec City store. The aim is to mass produce the physical notes of bitcoin in millions by the end of 2018.

Continue reading: https://coingape.com/bitcoin-banknotes-ready-to-replace-traditional-currency/

This is funny that they want to make new innovative things more close to the people by making them more similar to what they used to do before
muratdur

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:52:11 AM

It is very strange and unusual for me to think about those bitcoin banknotes, this is an attempt to make bitcoin closer to regular people

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:25:39 AM

This is a cheering news for the cryptocurrency family. In Argentina with the massive 400 crypto ATM  in use now will increase the awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency as a means of  financial transaction. It is going to be a test case for the surrounding countries which will join once argentina is successful.

Hordrick

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:48:40 AM

Why? Because banknotes are so easy to counterfeit. The world goes to that to get rid of banknotes, and not vice versa.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 09:21:34 AM

Why? Because banknotes are so easy to counterfeit. The world goes to that to get rid of banknotes, and not vice versa.

Read the thread you fool. These are not that sort of banknote.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
phucngungoc

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:39:51 AM

I think it is not a good thing to do and that will be a big step backwards that hinders the development of society. If we use paper money, we invisibly fight against the 4.0 revolution and are moving backward with the development of society.

Therefore, I believe we should not issue bitcoin paper money, even technology can throne and we can transfer easily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: