Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:03:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rejuvepedia- Youthspan extension and Rejuvenation wiki  (Read 1088 times)
caston (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2011, 01:53:44 PM

Hi bitcoin users,

As well as being interested in alternate and community currencies I am also interested in life extension and human rejuvenation. I am moderately active (and have been for about 5 years) in the life extension scene such as in the forums at Imminst. I admin a CES (Like a networks of LETS that run over a web interface) exchange for my city called Perth Community Exchange which has a small community and active mailing list around it but I won't talk about that much now.

About two years ago I started a wiki called Rejuvepedia. Over time time I have slowly built it up and developed it. It is still a long way from comprehensive. It's based on a radical idea that using open source collaboration methods and superseding the institutions of modern medicine (that tend to only be there to make money out of old and sick people) we will be able to work out how the rejuvenate the entire human body on the level of each organ and system. 

I started the project because I felt that SENS (strategies for engineering negligible senescence) was not open source enough and it was difficult for people to contribute unless of course you had lots of money to give them.

I knew about bitcoin for a while but for some reason I didn't think it was as free as a LETS setup and I didn't get interested in it again until this week.

I have occasionally given freelance work to students to help develop Rejuvepedia such as a girl with a degree in anatomy that was working towards a PhD in Wombat anatomy I paid her for about 4 hours to work on the anatomy section. This was also so she could get some money before her holiday in New Zealand. She had not used a wiki at the time but I needed (and still do) someone with expertiese in human anatomy.

The money I paid I her I got from my self-employment as a call-out computer technician. This is also where I get my money from that I use to pay for the web hosting fees on nearlyfree speech.

I wanted to eventually make Rejuvepedia a non-for profit so my donations to it would be tax deductible but I found out this would be quite difficult and apparently would have to take the extra step of actually making it a charity.

So I am wondering if bitcoin will actually suit Rejuvepedia much better. Unfortunately I didn't do any mining last year so I didn't get in as things were just beginning to roll. I can still buy bitcoins, offer to sell things for bitcoins, offer services or ask people that are interested in life extension to donate bitcoins to Rejuvepedia.

I also hoped that people would actually help out with the wiki without considerations of money much like they do with Wikipedia. For instance I hope that people will post blog entries (as the wiki has an integrated blog) and help add relevant news articles about advances in biomedicine and rejuvenation.

One of the next major things I would like to do is add some fairly powerful news aggregation to the wiki. This is something I would like to able to offer bitcoins (once I have more of course) for people to develop.

So the address of the wiki is http://www.rejuvepedia.org

I am eager to hear your suggestions and harsh but ultimately constructive criticism.

best regards,

Chris

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2011, 12:06:08 PM

I am thinking about making some sort of competition or bounty to design a logo for Rejuvepedia.

Has anyone tried anything like this before?

caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2011, 03:07:54 PM

And I am interested in paying people in bitcoin for blogging even though I previously said I hoped they would do it "without consideration of money". I can pay the person for blogging and they can also put their bitcoin address at the end of their blog post. I also hope that people will donate bitcoin to the wiki to encourage further development. I will try to recruit bloggers outside this forum if I don't get any interest.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: