Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:18:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Question: Can you sell FTC, LTC, or DVC for USD?  (Read 565 times)
NashVegas (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:25:30 PM

Hi All,

Newbie here...

Question: Can you sell FTC, LTC, or DVC for USD? Or must you exchange for Bitcoins first?

What exchanges are the most reputable for alternative currencies like FTC, LTC, or DVC?

Big props to the developers of DevCoin, its nice to see some support for creative people!

Tks,

NashVegas

DVC: 1HQWRw9HnHAxzTctVFXePpprEGPZR458r2
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AbcAbcwebd

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:42:38 PM

BTC e (one of the big cryptocurrency exchanges) support direct LTC to USD exchanges. They don't seem to facilitate FTC to USD directly (gotta go through bitcoins), but it would not surprise me if somebody else does.

Mt. Gox is the biggest cryptocurrency exchange, and they might support it. They've gotten some bad press lately, but a lot of people still prefer them.

Good luck!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:34:01 PM

Question: Can you sell FTC, LTC, or DVC for USD? Or must you exchange for Bitcoins first?

There are sites that have USD trading for those currencies (except DVC I think). This site might help: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Cdrgn

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:43:47 PM

I think some of the European exchanges do it. Your mileage will vary I guess.

I think some of us with smaller older rigs can do the alt,coins and trade for usd or bitcoin if the bubble bursts. I would be very careful to watch and when it goes down again buy some because if I had BOUGHT BTC instead of mining gear I would have made a killing. Live and learn.

So don't be afraid to trade for say litecoin then USD.

On another note, I have to say BTC merchants haven't marked down any of their prices in the past couple of weeks they still have stereos priced at 1 BTC Yikes.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:53:46 PM

because if I had BOUGHT BTC instead of mining gear I would have made a killing. Live and learn.

Tell that to the people that keep buying usb asics from asicminer... Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: