Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:30:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transferring cash from Mt.Gox to BTC-E  (Read 631 times)
batt4u (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:28:12 PM

Hi Everyone.

I'm a US citizen and live in California.  I got into the BitCoin a few months ago and funded an Mt.Gox account using cash through MoneyGram.

I've sold my bitcoin and now have a balance with Mt.Gox, but cannot find an efficient way of transferring it to BTC-E without getting dinged up the wazoo.

Can someone give me bulletpoints as to the fastest/most cost effective way of transferring my money to BTC-E from Mt.Gox?  I have cash there, no BitCoin.  i want some flexibility in purchasing litecoin and franctional bitcoin... something Mt.Gox cannot provide me at this time.

Thanks,
J
panda9228

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:11:26 PM

i want some flexibility in purchasing litecoin and franctional bitcoin... something Mt.Gox cannot provide me at this time.

Buy bitcoins on MtGox then, and transfer the bitcoins to BTC-e

Of course this isn't really what you're looking for, as I'm sure you're aware of the bitcoin price discrepancy between BTC-e and Gox.  So is everyone else, and unsurprisingly there isn't an easy/fast way of doing either of those things (cashing out of Gox, or depositing to BTC-e)

Good luck in your bitcoin pursuits!  There are plenty of ways to contribute to the cause and to profit, so keep looking.
batt4u (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:15:02 PM

My problem is that I sold the bitcoin on MtGox.  I have a cash balance there.  If I want to transfer out less than the value of 1 bitcoin (fraction of a bitcoin) I cannot.  I would have to buy back the bitcoin at what it is in whole amounts.  MtGox won't let me purchase fractional bitcoin.

Am i right?  Everytime I try to purchase less than a whole bitcoin, it tells me I cannot do it.

Thanks,
J
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:39:11 PM

Mt.Gox works fine with trading below 1 BTC (i dont know the lower limit) - maybe you use "," instead of "." for the decimal point?
So as already said, the easiest way to transfer is with bitcoin.

Buy BTC for you entire balance at Mt.Gox (i even believe that the trade commission is 0% all weekend due to the hollyday)

- press  "Funding option" -> "Withdraw funds" -> enter your BTC deposit adr. at BTC-e (The tx fee is 0.0005 BTC)

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 01:14:18 AM

Hi Everyone.

I'm a US citizen and live in California.  I got into the BitCoin a few months ago and funded an Mt.Gox account using cash through MoneyGram.

I've sold my bitcoin and now have a balance with Mt.Gox, but cannot find an efficient way of transferring it to BTC-E without getting dinged up the wazoo.

Can someone give me bulletpoints as to the fastest/most cost effective way of transferring my money to BTC-E from Mt.Gox?  I have cash there, no BitCoin.  i want some flexibility in purchasing litecoin and franctional bitcoin... something Mt.Gox cannot provide me at this time.

Thanks,
J

Well it looks like you have gotten answers, but since you live in the US, use coinbase.com next time.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:09:07 AM

Best way to get funds to BTC-E for litecoin is to buy back bitcoins, send to BTC-E and buy litecoins with bitcoins. Waiting for cash from MT Gox may take a very, very long time.
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:06:05 AM

Best way to get funds to BTC-E for litecoin is to buy back bitcoins, send to BTC-E and buy litecoins with bitcoins. Waiting for cash from MT Gox may take a very, very long time.

I suppose with litecoins you mean dollars?

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:44:20 AM

I suppose with litecoins you mean dollars?
i want some flexibility in purchasing litecoin and franctional bitcoin... something Mt.Gox cannot provide me at this time.

Thanks,
J
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: