Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:23:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin value  (Read 1943 times)
Hagglefaen (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:41:46 PM

I'm in a little doubt wether to buy some bitcoins or not now. Does anyone think that the value will continue to develop? What's the chance for it to suddenly drop? I know this can be difficult to predict though.. just need some assurement before buying. It will still always be a gamble though, Im aware of that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom.hashemi

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:44:50 PM

I'm in a little doubt wether to buy some bitcoins or not now. Does anyone think that the value will continue to develop? What's the chance for it to suddenly drop? I know this can be difficult to predict though.. just need some assurement before buying. It will still always be a gamble though, Im aware of that.

If you're in it for a short term profit then it's risky - but it will always be risky for short-term profit seeking.

In the medium-term the value will most probably increase.
corebob

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:51:59 PM

If you can afford it, buy a little now. If it goes down you haven't wasted all that much
Hagglefaen (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:56:22 PM

If you're in it for a short term profit then it's risky - but it will always be risky for short-term profit seeking.

In the medium-term the value will most probably increase.

Aha. Well, so I Guess, it's more based on luck if it's a short term storage of your bitcoins, but if we look on a wide-scaled timeframe of the bitcoin value change there will always be an increase at some point? This is my assumption when I look at the graph on bitstamp. And I Guess that 1-2 weeks of storing bitcoins in Your wallet is considered short term?

Still, if short term profit is risky. It would depend on how the development looks in the period, right? I mean, now it seems to increase everyday. But I still think: "wow, it has increase much now.. It can't get much higher now, can it?". So I end up never buying.. and then, a few days/weeks later I think "Damn, I should have bought bitcoins that day. It becomes a vicious circle for me Smiley
Hagglefaen (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:58:41 PM

If you can afford it, buy a little now. If it goes down you haven't wasted all that much

I'm really not Rich, but Yeah, I considered buying a small amount anyway. I expect it to increase though, but I tend to have bad Luck:p
corebob

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:24:08 PM

I'm really not Rich, but Yeah, I considered buying a small amount anyway. I expect it to increase though, but I tend to have bad Luck:p

You are from Norway right?, how much do you spend on a night in town? Did you have any luck with that?  Grin

Just kidding. Its your call of course, I just thought it could be a good idea to get in if only for a small amount, considering the potential
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:24:36 PM

Buy as much as you can, as fast as you can and hold them.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:40:42 PM

People were asking the same questions when bitcoin was 100$ and i can imagine the same even when the price was at 10$. Still look where we are now.
Noone can tell the future and you should choose based on own judgement. If you believe in bitcoin then buy some.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:01:48 PM

I would buy a little now, and buy more later on regardless whether it goes up or down. It's likely the price will continue to rise because of all the media attention and the fact that it takes time for people to actually figure out how to set up a wallet, get registered and verified on an exchange and then send fiat in to buy. But you can never be too sure, this is bitcoin after all where stranger things have happened.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
eindbaas

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:40:47 PM

Sell everything you own and put it in to bitcoins and top5 altcoins. Come back in 1year and show pictures of your new maserati.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:14:29 AM

As with the 1000 other threads like this we've seen since passing $266:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_cost_averaging

/thread

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:46:06 AM

Do your own research into the fundamentals of bitcoin. Is it robust and scalable? Does it provide desirable and unique innovations? Are there any road blocks to widespread adoption? If your assessment is positive then buy as much as you can afford to and hold for at least 3-5 years. If your assessment is negative then leave it alone. Only you can decide.

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
trepper

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:41:26 AM

Do your own research into the fundamentals of bitcoin.

You might have to search a long time Grin
Fundamentals of bitcoin  is something like philosopher's stone...
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:33:47 PM

Do your own research into the fundamentals of bitcoin.

You might have to search a long time Grin
Fundamentals of bitcoin  is something like philosopher's stone...

start here: http://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:06:23 PM

If you dont believe in it, Don't buy it!!!!! Cuz you will just sell it based on price when you can't take the pain anymore. Then right after you sell it you will be like WTF as it starts to rise past where you just sold it. Then being paralyzed by that fact you cant buy back just as much as you just sold you will sit and hope it comes back down. But it never will. So you don't buy. Then you watch it go past where you bought it originally and think to your self WTF and still hope it goes down. Until it goes up 150% to the 2500 range. Then you will see all the news saying its going to 10k. So your rush to get your funds to buy some more. Only to watch the price start to fall right after you buy it. Scared to sell and take a loss you ride it back down to the 1000$ range to below where you bought the first time. You tell your self fuck BTC im fucking selling this shit, i cant take the pain. Only to watch it go past where you bought it on the way to 10k.... Repeat Repeat Repeat Repeat.......    The avg JOE in the market!!!!!!!!!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:10:37 PM

even the unlucky get something out of Bitcoin, its the most amazing thing you'll ever invest in. Key is to hold even if prices come down and just be patient.

pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:57:58 PM

Sell everything you own and put it in to bitcoins and top5 altcoins. Come back in 1year and show pictures of your new maserati.

Seriously? I don't think that even gavin andresen or satoshi himself whould have advised something like that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: