Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:38:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost of Altcoin Development?  (Read 463 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:10:58 PM

Lately when I have some time to spare I have been messing around with some of the scripts and guides available on how to build an altcoins. Since I would need Linux for compiling etc I have not progressed too far, I am just learning as a newbie. I do however like the idea of custom coin built that I can use, mores so for personal projects, for example I am working on a video game at the moment. I would just like to ask a few questions in regards to altcoin development. These questions are very general, I assume answers will vary from developer to developer, any thoughts and maybe even some experienced feedback would be great. Here are some questions:

What kind of budget would one expect for a basic coin (clone), and what about something more innovative (custom)?
How long would one expect a developer to create an altcoin in general?
Also if I were to pursue a project like this, where is a good place to find developers?

Thanks in advanced for any thoughts, also please don't complain about the idea of another altcoin, I am more interested in this as a portfolio project lol.
simbo

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:41:09 PM

I was asking the same questions some 3 weeks back, here is what I gather:

1. If you intend to hire someone to do all the work, be prepared to pay around USD$5k. On the other side, you can DIY, like I did & learn a few things in the process.

2. I think a week or so, if just cloning another coin. It took me less than a week to clone my own coin, without added new features.

3. Services section. However, newbie section also can.

Regards.

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: