Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2024, 06:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [pywallet] Wallet recovery...I've tried a lot of methods.  (Read 656 times)
AveragePro (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:30:01 PM

Hello,

I reformatted my hard drive containing bitcoin-qt and my wallet. I did have a backup on my external hard drive which I deleted (but did not reformat the drive).
The drive which originally had bitcoin-qt and the wallet on it has been used extensively for a year since being reformatted and consequently has no trace of the wallet on it - I've tried PhotoRec, a bunch of MacOSX file recovery software and pywallet --recover to search for the keys. No results.

Moving on to the backup drive I have which once held the wallet.dat . To be specific, this drive was a MacOSX Timecapsule drive, I have deleted the Timecapsule folder but not reformatted the drive. I've run PhotoRec as per http://www.cyplo.net/2012/04/01/bitcoin-wallet-recovery-photorec/ . This has returned 249 .dat files , of varying sizes between 40GB and 8kb . I have run the recovered .dat files that are less than 1MB through pywallet.py --recover . Pywallet has been unable to get any keys out of them. Bitcoin-qt --salvage has also been unable to save the wallet.dat.

Is there anything else I can do? Or is the wallet truly lost?

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: