Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:51:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Swapping gemstones for coins  (Read 1554 times)
roughswap (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 12:59:08 AM

There all natural earth mined stones i don't sell synthetics as for the raw diamond necklace its rough diamond and not cut the high end cut stones you are thinking of in much more expensive.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bluewaffle

Activity: 291
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 02:57:13 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2019, 04:46:25 PM by Bluewaffle

There all natural earth mined stones i don't sell synthetics as for the raw diamond necklace its rough diamond and not cut the high end cut stones you are thinking of in much more expensive.

With the raw diamonds can they still be cut into small nice cut diamonds?

did some more research seems that they would be hard to cut down into anything nice and would probably have lots of inclusions do you have any rough diamonds in single stoned and not a whole necklace?

roughswap (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 10:02:42 PM

Yeah cutting them would be a bother especially since there so small.

No I have no rough diamonds at the moment sorry, have a few cut ones in small sizes.

Regards
Bluewaffle

Activity: 291
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 10:19:33 PM

Yeah cutting them would be a bother especially since there so small.

No I have no rough diamonds at the moment sorry, have a few cut ones in small sizes.

Regards

Thank you i appreciate the response maybe later if the whole necklaces are still available i might be able to grab one but as of now i will have to hold off thank you again very much

roughswap (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 02:32:57 PM

No problem
roughswap (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 05:07:54 PM

Still available anyone interested get in contact.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 09:21:20 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 02:29:30 PM by Timelord2067

It started with the placing of an order:

4 carats of Sapphire ( $20 )
10 carats of Apatite ( $20 )
15 carats of Garnet ( $11.25 )
10 carats of Aquamarine ( $ 23 )
5 carats of Zircon ( $15 )

Have placed an order with roughswap - payment of 7500 SXC TX https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sxc/tx.dws?42509840543820b7185fd3718c4d48aa2ce4f599bfb08cef068ebbab8f96ff4e.htm

Will update when the stones arrive.

The stones arrived by mail in good time and very soon after they were on their way to Thailand to be cut.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZTop left Apatite - Top right Zircon
Lower left Garnet - Middle Sapphire - Lower right Aquamarine

I was fortunate that there was a gem show on near where I live not long after the gems arrived.  The trader I showed them to instantly identified them as the types I had ordered.  At first one thought the sapphires were Tanzanite, however after doing a couple of tests, such as placing the stones on a torch and covering with a credit card size piece of transparent plastic, that when turned would cause the stones to polarise if they weren't what they appeared to be.  They also shone a "black light" UV light on the sapphires and they turned a pinkish colour.  After a little bit more examination the three people examining them declared they are Sri Lankan Sapphires and got excited as they are a better quality than the local Australian varieties of Sapphires.

I had it explained to me that the stones would loose half to 2/3rds of their size in the cutting process.  Unfortunately, the Apatite were damaged and returned uncut.  (or rather when attempting to be cut they broke apart)  When I first received the stones, Australian Customs opened the package, plus they were transported to Thailand, so it's probable that they were damaged either by Australian Customs (more likely) or in transit (less likely).  I intend to order again, but would be disappointed if further orders had damaged stones.

The stones arrived back a week ago and this is the first time I have had an opportunity to sit down and get this update done.

Top left are Garnets, top right are Zircon.

Lower left are Aquamarine and lower right are the sapphires.

I have no hesitation in placing further orders from roughswap and look forward to ordering before the start of the new year.

c0ffer

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Gems:Crypto

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2019, 05:17:19 PM

Great offering! Gems and crypto are a classic match Wink

Can't wait to see more and would like to possibly collaborate.

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
roughswap (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 06:32:41 PM

andulolika interested in some garnets.

Thanks time lord for the review, appreciated

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 04:55:13 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2020, 07:55:59 AM by Timelord2067

Thanks timelord2067 for the review, appreciated

You're welcome. I see some of your pics on the first page still don't load.

Do you have any pics of morganite? (is it available for sale? - Price please?)

Also, don't forget to delete the "bump" posts as there are some mods who gleafully delete *any* posts they personally don't like (and one word posts such as "bump" fall into that category).

Actually, scratch that. You can use those first few bumps to post pics or prices details and have your op shorter with info etc.

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 04:43:42 PM

These look amazing, I cannot wait to get mine, might think of some sapphires in the future Smiley.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
roughswap (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 05:15:44 PM

Thanks timelord2067 for the review, appreciated

You're welcome. I see some of your pics on the first page still don't load.

Do you have any pics of morganite? (is it available for sale? - Price please?)

Also, don't forget to delete the "bump" posts as there are some mods who gleafully delete *any* posts they personally don't like (and one word posts such as "bump" fall into that category).

Actually, scratch that. You can use those first few bumps to post pics or prices details and have your op shorter with info etc.

Hi I think I have sorted why some are not being shown on the post, I'm doing a update on some cut stuff within the next few days, as for morganite rough I think I might have a small piece for sale, I'll try and dig it out and see if it's any good, I'll get back to you on that one.

TEX-LXRY
Copper Member

Activity: 110
Merit: 2

Total Exchange (TEX) and Luxury Ledger (LXRY)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 04:49:02 AM

Hi OP,

Let us know if you would like to post it on our marketplace: https://market.total.exchange/

There is no charge, no vendor fees, and no transaction costs for you, the merchant. 

Advert still under construction more stock and pictures to add in the coming days.

Hi all i am swapping gems for cryptocurrency open to offers , I accept escrow to offer assurance to traders.
So pm me or post offers here

I also have rough gemstones for sale including sapphire
Sapphires mostly what are characterized as blue and white sapphires most are above 1 carat and majority larger, nice colour. $7 per carat deals made on larger  purchases. https://www.sapphirebazaar.com/collections/rough compare prices for reference

Next up apatite lovely paraiba blue green ocean like colour primarily ranging from 2 to 7 carat most in the higher range, $3 per carat deals on larger purchases

Hard to show the colour without light from the other side

Aquamarine vast majority 1.5 carat plus alot above 3 carat when heated should improve colour and increase price by alot, pictures dont do these justice. $2.5 per carat deals on larger purchases

Zircon this gem seems to be up and coming and I have what seems to be colours ranging from champagne, red and orange and brown, I done a test heating a sample and the colours improved alot nice reds and I believe there may be blues when heated but never got around to doing it properly just used a stove to test. Heating zircon is the practised in the gemtrade and increases price especially when blues emerge.
Most of these are above 5 carat each and alot of monsters 12 carat plus, pictures don not do justice to these. Trading at $3 per carat

Garnet not 100 per cent sure but think there spessotite or rhodolite garnet lovely red to puplish colour virtually all above 5 carat most bigger alot of 9 ct plus, trading at $0.80c per carat

I have videos of some cut gems I am trading on my YouTube channel, more videos and pictures to be added.
YouTube channel is rough swap gems

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2002574.msg21203349#msg21203349

I also have big pieces of black spinel rough

I also have large sizes of rough zircon that changes colour when heated and spinel rough pictures on one of my other topics i think.

Open to offers get in contact

World's Largest Crypto Goods and Services Market
roughswap (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 10:38:19 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2020, 06:05:40 PM by roughswap

Another order from Time lord that I will get posted out today
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 11:07:12 AM

Just curious, but how can we be sure these are actual gemstones, and not say, glass beads.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 11:11:59 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2020, 12:21:22 PM by andulolika

Just curious, but how can we be sure these are actual gemstones, and not say, glass beads.
I got a few garnets from him, with what i read on internet and the fire test i done on one of them they seem legit, on the other hand we aren't either talking about huge priced gemstones, these are quite affordable. Might be wrong and who knows what will future bring, but for now for small batches i'd trust. I will eventually get a second one from him will post pictures, I cannot anymore since I gifted them to womans in the family. Think I asked a few folks and they said they are fine.
I would like a review from some experienced member.

EDit: I might actualy have the one I put under fire (actualy half of it since i dropped it down and keept the uglier half, the other half of it was intact) and the one I gave to mom is close too if you want picture from arrival.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 11:39:55 AM

Still available anyone interested get in contact.

These are literally gemstones  Grin  You have great collections in there. Don't we need papers on these?

When I first read the thread title I was thinking already that you have some altcoins ready to exchange with whoever wants to but wow. I'm not into real gems but this is very interesting that people are actually thinking of buying these without physically checking it.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 03:59:49 PM

I'm just curious why you never read this post further up the same page?

They are definitely gemstones, not glass.

Another order from Time lord that I will get posted out tiday

I've just ordered a second batch:

Hi,

So order includes 10 carats of sapphire, 22 carats of aquamarine and the two morganite rough pieces adding up to 8.1 carats.

Postage $12.31

Am looking forward to receiving them soon.

btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 04:28:49 PM

I admit, i didn't read it thoroughly.
But on the note of your post, did you send them to be cut to some service provider or? Can you recommend someone?
Prices?
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 04:41:49 PM

I admit, i didn't read it thoroughly.
But on the note of your post, did you send them to be cut to some service provider or? Can you recommend someone?
Prices?

Yes, I did send the rough stones off - I went to a gem show in my local area and quickly found a guy who visits Thailand on gem buying tours.  He took the stones over, they were cut and the items were posted back to me.  Sometimes the guy will bring them back if they are ready before he returns.  The various traders at the gem show were all happy to apraise the rough stones and were excited to see Sri Lankan Sapphires as they are a superior quality to the local Australian varieties.

The stones' cut size determines how much to pay (about $4 per carat) - I didn't have to pay until the stones were cut as there is no real way to determine a stones cut weight until it is done.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: