Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:17:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD]KnC Jupiter 650GHs 12/5 Delivery  (Read 2008 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rudyo

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:02:55 AM

his best offer so far was 15BTC + a flight to Amsterdam, Sadly the small factor of a passport and border customs soiled the offer  Undecided
And so the next best USA based offer is...?
KGBSlim (OP)

Activity: 126

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:31:34 PM

Just received tracking number today! Rig will be here Thursday !! Good Luck bidders!

Tips - 16AbA3b2GRR37t6RasVJmoxXTGuGUE1PAP
jtoomim

Activity: 818
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 12:10:16 AM

I'll offer you 14 BTC with pickup at a local airport. (What city are you in? Where's the nearest airport?)

I'll pay you in person without escrow; if you require advance payment, I will be slightly annoyed, but will acquiesce if you are okay with escrow or https://www.bitrated.com/ multisig. I'd need about 24 hours' notice so I can plan my flight there.

Hosting bitcoin miners for $65 to $80/kW/month on clean, cheap hydro power.
http://Toom.im
KGBSlim (OP)

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:56:14 AM

Well im 20mins from CVG which is Cincinnati's airport. But someone has you outbid by a whole coin. Will be here THursday and UPS usually comes by here before 100pm EST. Sweetest offer is going to take it, im not going to leave it sitting unopened when it could be hashing away. So the sweeter the deal more chance I will close the auction before it actually arrives.

jtoomim

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 09:03:07 AM

Okay, I'll bid 15 BTC with local pickup at CVG. That should save you about $200 and some hassle on shipping and put me in first, right?

KGBSlim (OP)

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:24:03 AM

Pretty much looks that way.....how do I know you arent going to be a "no show"? It will cost me a chunk of a BTC if I dont ship back out to next in line if you dont come through. Auction is still up though until 11:59pm EST, so that wouldnt give you 24hrs. Unsure how you can figure that out.

jtoomim

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:08:37 AM

I'm willing to give you a 10% btc deposit with escrow. I can prove to you that I have enough BTC to complete the purchase by signing a message of your choice with addresses in my wallet. Also, I can send you my flight information (after I book it). I would be unlikely to back out after having invested a few hundred non-refundable bucks on a flight, right?

jtoomim

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:25:37 AM

Auction closes at 11:59pm EST on which day? Wednesday 12/4? Would you be willing to close the auction a few hours earlier? There's a fairly cheap flight at 10:10pm PST on Wednesday that arrives in CVG at 8:55am Thursday morning, but I would like more than 1 hour from auction close to boarding the plane. Could you close the auction at 8:00pm EST instead?

KGBSlim (OP)

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:35:59 AM

So you put 1.5BTC in escrow, which will be returned to you once I've confirmed tx has happened?  I don't know how fast escrow works but I don't want the funds tied up.  We can give escrow my wallet so they can verify you made tx to me. Will be a wallet created just for this tx so it will cover you 100% for dispute of escrow.  So in short, you pay me the 15BTC when you get here and  send escrow tx confirmation to release. Id prefer using John K for this. If this sounds ok I will pm him to see if he can do it for us. Ok I just seen you posted again, so beings you want to arrive at 855am what time is return flights ? UPS can run late since its Xmas season. 

jtoomim

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:03:25 AM

For escrow, John K would be okay with me, but I think I would prefer to try out https://www.bitrated.com/. It's not exactly escrow, but it serves the same purpose, and serves it better. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited about what it promises. But again, as I said, John K is fine with me.

I think the way it would work if we use John K is that I send John K 1.5 BTC, then when the miner arrives and I verify that it is actually a November Jupiter, I will pay you 13.5 BTC and we will both send a message to John K asking him to release the remaining 1.5 BTC to you. I suppose I could also pay you 15 BTC and ask him to release the 1.5 to me; it doesn't really matter. If we tell the escrower in advance what time we expect the transaction to take place, I think he should be able to respond quickly and release the funds within an hour or two. I've read that John K has been a bit busy (finals, or something) and less responsive recently, though, so maybe another escrower would be better. Maybe finals are over for him. Don't know. We could ask.

If we used bitrated/m-of-n, we wouldn't need to wait for John K or anyone else, since your sig plus my sig would be enough to release the 1.5 BTC into your address (or mine). Bitrated's arbitrator only needs to act in case the two of us can't agree on what should be done with the 1.5 BTC deposit, in which case the arbitrator and one of us would need to agree on what to do with it. (2 of 3 signatures required.)

I'm not sure what I would do about the return flight. I think I would probably hold off on booking it until the miner arrived. There's a good flight that leaves at 1:35 pm on Thursday, so if we could catch that, it would be great. Otherwise, I'd probably spend the night in Cin city, and try to find somewhere (motel?) where I could plug the miner in and run it while waiting for my flight.

By the way, do you have a power supply for the miner? They ship without one, right?

KGBSlim (OP)

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:20:36 AM

Yes I have a Brand spanking new power supply. Dont do the 135pm flight back thats just gambling way too much! I guess I could end auction at 800pm EST for you. Or you can end it right now with 15.5BTC, its a half bitcoin gamble someone will bid more than you. BTCrow? Up to you as long as its verifiable. Guess we will see what happens in the next 14hrs. Cheers man

jtoomim

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:23:55 AM

PSU is included? What is its stats?

I wouldn't book the 1:35 flight in advance; no way. I'd just try to catch it if I could (i.e. if we completed the transaction by 12:00 or 12:30pm).

KGBSlim (OP)

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:29:46 AM

Seasonic X1050 80 GOLD and im throwing that in also.....UPS showed up early as all hell today with stuff from finish line so they have not been on consistent schedule, but usually earlier than 200pm 90% of the time.

jtoomim

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:33:50 AM

Okay, 15.5 BTC immediately, then, with 1.55 BTC deposit, PSU included.

BTCrow is acceptable to me. I have a slight preference for bitrated.com because I think the technology is really cool and I want to try it out, but if you prefer btcrow that's fine with me.

I'll PM you my email address and phone number in 360 seconds, and we can take it from there.

KGBSlim (OP)

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:41:14 AM

SOLD 15.5BTC!! Ok ill be in touch.....

KGBSlim (OP)

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:16:01 PM

SOLD for 15.5BTC Jtoomim already put down 1.5BTC in escrow for deposit @ BTCrow and is making local pick up
Thanks people sorry I ended 13hrs early.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: