Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:14:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Support Amazon Accepting BitCoins  (Read 4574 times)
Goxpapa (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:30:48 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 12:18:49 AM by Goxpapa

If Amazon starts accepting BitCoins, this will legitimize it as a currency and its value will shoot through the roof.

I am the first author to accept BitCoins for my eBook in place of USD on Amazon. The way I've been doing it is by posting a link to a Coinbank pay-button in my book description that offers 80% off for BitCoin purchases.

http://www.amazon.com/IMAGINE-Thought-That-Shattered-Reality-ebook/dp/B00GX5ESEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385852920&sr=8-1&keywords=imagine+the+thought+that+shattered

If you want Amazon to accept BitCoin, leave a review stating how much you enjoyed purchasing this book through BitCoin, and how much you wished Amazon would accept BitCoins due to their low transaction fees. This will mean a lot to them since it's a legitimate purchase that they could've had. AMAZON MODERATES ALL REVIEWS SO SOMEONE THERE WILL SEE IT!!

Once we can get Amazon on the BitCoin train, other vendors are sure to follow. This is the last great step to adding another pair of 0's to BitCoin's value.

Alex
lucaspm98

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:43:24 PM

So you want us to lie and promote your book for no reason? Lol.

(P.S. you can already buy anything from Amazon at a discount from me, check my signature)
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:07:34 AM

Put a Bitcoin Address QR Code in your Book, then any reader in the future can tip you,
same with second hand sales of your book, any reader in the future has the opportunity to tip you whether they  bought new or second hand.

Goxpapa (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:15:34 AM

So you want us to lie and promote your book for no reason? Lol.

(P.S. you can already buy anything from Amazon at a discount from me, check my signature)

The best way for Amazon to accept BitCoin will be to make them feel like they're missing out on purchases if they don't accept BitCoin. This thread does exactly that.

I think it's obvious how awesome things will be if Amazon begins to accepet BitCoins store-wide.

Your thread is sketchy and no reasonable person would do that.

Put a Bitcoin Address QR Code in your Book, then any reader in the future can tip you,
same with second hand sales of your book, any reader in the future has the opportunity to tip you whether they  bought new or second hand.

This is an awesome idea! I'll updated my book within 12 hours.
Sam-Os

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:21:47 AM

Why would Amazon do that? I mean I'm all for it but I just don't see why they would bother unless it's necessary.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:24:09 AM

You are helping to destroy Bitcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336350.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=349869.msg3764464#msg3764464

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:26:10 AM

Why would Amazon do that? I mean I'm all for it but I just don't see why they would bother unless it's necessary.

while it's possible that some nice banks have given Amazon BUY RATE , NO RATE or RATE back just for the NUMBER of good low risk charges they offer ( see : Portfolio Risk , regarding Processing ) , if they pay 1% or greater MDR , then BTC would be a benefit.

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:50:05 AM

You are helping to destroy Bitcoin:

Don't be a drama queen.  If Amazon adopted Bitcoin, eBay would follow suit.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Goxpapa (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:41:01 AM

I read this thread and am uncertain why it would matter. This is the line that confused me: "But a cartel (e.g. Amazon.com) could for example harvest transactions from its vast network and keep them without forwarding them to other miners. Then put them on the blocks found by its own mining servers."

Rather than scanning through all those threads, is there anything you could tell me to help?
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:13:54 AM

because if they set something up with bitpay, they end up saving a significant amount of money since visa/discover/mastercard won't end taking that 3% merchant fee. if they have to pay 1.5% to bitpay and end up making 1.5% more on their sales, they would completely embrace the idea of BTC. since amazon only makes tiny margins on their sales, it would be huge.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:22:41 AM

I read this thread and am uncertain why it would matter. This is the line that confused me: "But a cartel (e.g. Amazon.com) could for example harvest transactions from its vast network and keep them without forwarding them to other miners. Then put them on the blocks found by its own mining servers."

Rather than scanning through all those threads, is there anything you could tell me to help?

Apologies I don't have the spare energy or time to re-summarize the thread.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
wmcleod

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:12:24 AM

I can't even imagine how hight BTC would skyrocket if they accepted BTC as payment...
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:42:03 AM

here's the reason why: https://bitpay.com/pricing

pay $3,000 for the executive package and pay 0% fees.. they'd be saving a shit ton of money by paying bitpay $3,000 a month. well, that's at least if they sell $100k worth of bitcoins monthly.

amazon jumping into the game would push the price up for sure, but i now don't know if i want it to happen.
Sam-Os

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:35:04 PM

You guys make good arguments but one of the best things about Amazon is being able to return your goods and get refunds. I guess it could still work with some effort, I love Amazon, if they were to do this i would be IN LOVE with them.
doingdoing3000

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:05:59 PM

If Amazon does ist, you'll find it here first: :-)

www.isamazonalreadyacceptingbitcoin.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: