Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How come Bitcoin cause a love/hate reaction in people but never middle ground?  (Read 1014 times)
gabriella (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:07:44 AM

i absolutely hate extremists of all kinds, and people when hearing about bitcoin either think it is the second christ coming (this board) or wish a fiery death to this tulip bubble and its followers.

how come no one ever hear about bitcoin, then yawn and talk about it rationally in a monotone voice?
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:19:12 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 12:57:26 AM by AnonyMint

Greed baby. Pure unadulterated greed turns men into raving mad, voracious wolves.

They would prostitute their own mother once the neurological effects (dopamine spikes, etc) of an easy $billion kick the adrenaline and cortisoid into high gear the pre-frontal cortex shuts down. Then it is purely animalistic impulses.

You are basically viewing the fight-or-flight primordial hunter instinct revived.

We are back to being Apes.

The Bible says nothing about Bitcoin. It would be a hell of a lot more impressive if it did.

LOL nothing in this thread will ever top this.

I am not going to claim as fact what is in fact not falsifiable, i.e. an after life, etc..

However, the Bible does in fact predict a digital currency where it mentions we will need the mark 666 tied to our body in order to buy and sell, and that we will throw our gold and silver into the street presumably because we will not be able to use it as money any more in this strict digital tracking system.

The Bible also has numerous scriptures that explain that LOVE of money is the root of all evil. And in fact as I have explained in my November posts this is mathematically and unarguably correct in the sense that monetary gridlock results from hoarding money. You can see my reply to Impaler yesterday if you want to educate yourself on the facts. If you are too lazy, then so be it.

My research is that Bitcoin leads us to the 666 and hands the digital currency to the governments of the NWO. I have covered this in factual analysis of the vulnerabilities in my November posts and in the Bitcoin : The Digital Kill Switch artcle and thread which I published when first joining this board back in March.

I appear to have confirmed by the majority of posts in this thread that the majority of Bitcoiners are greedy and curse Christianity. It will be interesting to see if my predicted ponzi crash destruction of Bitcoiners outcome comes true.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/11/29/the-share-market/

Perhaps with age you look at what you can leave behind. You cannot take money with you when it is time to leave. I have personally advised some of the richest people in the world. Let me say this. Money does not make you happy. As long as you can do what you want when you want, that is the definition of being “rich”. Go beyond that, you will quickly discover that you become the slave of money and the target for everyone to attack. I am always astonished by people who cannot see that and live to hurt others and grab as much as they can for themselves. This leaves such people nasty, vindictive, hateful, and hollow inside for they lack character. They know nothing of the feeling of accomplishment because they lack the ability to accomplish anything but cheat people for pleasure.

Wise man.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:02:55 AM

b/c it's either going to be a zero or going to da moon!
Ricke

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:09:24 AM

Greed is also a big player.

Verkaufe Bitcoin gegen Bargeld (Wuppertal und Düsseldorf, Handel im öffenlichen Raum, z.B. bei McDonalds), privat zu privat und völlig anonym. Konditionen im Thread; Individualabsprachen möglich
(Ich mache mit Erstkontakten nur kleinere Handel, weiteres ja nach Kurs, Vertrauen, mein Bedarf, Ermessen und Situation)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:09:32 AM

answer is simple to me. there is no precedence for anything like it in the history of the world, and it's pretty hard to understand. most of those who support it at the start don't fully understand it, but they still believe there is good reason why it could work.

those who are against it don't bother to question whether it can or will work.. from personal experience, they don't bother to even entertain the idea or understand how it works - they just write it off as "too good to be true."
Tributary

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:03:14 AM

People with an extreme opinion in either direction are just more vocal about it Wink
jballs

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 05:17:23 AM

i absolutely hate extremists of all kinds, and people when hearing about bitcoin either think it is the second christ coming (this board) or wish a fiery death to this tulip bubble and its followers.

how come no one ever hear about bitcoin, then yawn and talk about it rationally in a monotone voice?

I am highly ambivalent, so you know. It's fascinating, but I have no idea if it will survive or perish. I expect it will go much higher, eventually crash, maybe stabilize therafter.

I would buy some but the infrastructure makes me not want to, the early in are taking a risk and well rewarded. I think it might be tulips or a viable monetary system and will be a long time before I become convinced either way.

But as a rule, people are extremely opinionated about almost everything.

You yourself absolutely hate extremists?

Tongue

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:24:46 AM

maybe i fit your criteria. i truly believe that cryptocurrency is the future but im on the fence about whether that will be bitcoin. on the one hand bitcoin has network effects, on the other it has some serious flaws. when these two factors collide with each other its really hard to say which will win. part of the reason why im in bitcoin is because if some other crypto is the one that will win in the long run, than bitcoin will be the way to get into it.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:10:17 AM

Huh?  Almost everyone I talk to is pretty neutral on it.  Often quite confused, but distinctly neutral.  I guess it depends on what kinds of friends a person has.

I can only remember one guy who displayed visceral and significant animosity.  He and I were co-workers and friends, but we disagreed on almost everything.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:42:40 AM

That's the way truly disruptive ideas work

They attract and appal in almost equal measure

gabriella (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:03:25 PM

most people are on this board are extremists.
pening

Activity: 245

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:29:51 PM

'Cause most people are either wanting it to solve some ideological problem, or resent those that want to solve that ideological problem.

Personally, i'm middle ground.  I like the idea, a technical, open solution to money transfers, but don't think it will live up to most of the claimed benefits.  Its  flawed, but its still very useful.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:32:39 PM

'Cause most people are either wanting it to solve some ideological problem, or resent those that want to solve that ideological problem.

Personally, i'm middle ground.  I like the idea, a technical, open solution to money transfers, but don't think it will live up to most of the claimed benefits.  Its  flawed, but its still very useful.

word.. it's not going to be the main global currency, bu it doesn't need to be. it is a store of value and currency all-in-one. for bitcoin to be a global currency, it would probably have to jump to the millions per BTC.

bitcoin detractors who say that it is not backed by a government, well, they have a point. but that doesn't mean bitcoin can't be wildly successful. if just 5% of the world adopted bitcoin, most of the present day BTC holders will be wildly rich, even if you only own.. say 5 coins.

at present, i would bet good money on the fact that less than $1 million individuals hold bitcoins.. and the total world population is 7 billion. 1% of 7 billion would be 70 million  Grin
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:15:16 PM

i absolutely hate extremists of all kinds

Human nature.  A guess from the tone of your post.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: