Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:58:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have coins.... Somewhere!  (Read 1166 times)
Chavo (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:45:19 AM

Hi. In December 2012 I registered to join a website that no longer exists. The site charged 1 bitcoin for membership.

I had no idea at he time what a bitcoin was! Anyway I made my way through the purchase and bought a few coins, maybe 3 or 5 I can't remember.

How can I track down these coins? I can't remember where I bought them or anything!!

Help!
x5

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:48:02 AM

Search your email account. There might be some trace.
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:59:36 AM

probably only a few exchanges in those days, mtgox was one and likely to be the one you used at that time. try recovering mtgox account w your email?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Chavo (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:59:39 PM

Thanks buddy. Tried a password reset but no joy. Such a pity! Im just researching now then i am going to set a mining computer up.
inkadnb

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:05:14 PM

Thanks buddy. Tried a password reset but no joy. Such a pity! Im just researching now then i am going to set a mining computer up.

Tried searching "bitcoin" in your email?

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:06:46 PM

try browser history
Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:56:22 PM

Aww that sucks...

Try checking your email(s)

Good luck on your mining rig
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 02:17:20 PM

All the advice here are pretty good; focus on your email inbox around that time - and also try to see if you have a old account at Mt.Gox.

I hope you find your coins.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Chavo (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:10:10 PM

Good news and bad news. I found my coins! Block chain!
Bad news is I didn't have as much as I thought! Got 0.75btc. Sill only paid about £10 so it's a considerable profit!

That leads me on to my next question... To turn it in to GBP can anyone recommend a website for me to visit to research to make sure I get the best possible deal?
KieranJones1

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:15:59 PM

It's easiest to sell for GBP at Localbitcoins.com (I'm a Brit too), but I'd wait at least 24 hours and watch the price. In the last two days I've seen the buy price at Localbitcoins fluctuate wildly; two days ago it peaked at £750/bitcoin, but this morning it was all the way down to £630. It's starting to pick up again - now at £675 - but if the bulls are to be believed, you're better off waiting for it to pick up and reach at least £700, if not higher, before you sell.

Here's the link to their sell page, where you can see what the best rates currently are: https://localbitcoins.com/sell_bitcoins
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 03:24:27 PM

Good news and bad news. I found my coins! Block chain!
Bad news is I didn't have as much as I thought! Got 0.75btc. Sill only paid about £10 so it's a considerable profit!

That leads me on to my next question... To turn it in to GBP can anyone recommend a website for me to visit to research to make sure I get the best possible deal?

I am happy to hear yo found your coins.
You should not be sad that it is only 0.75 - its much better than 0.00.

I would also think twice about selling right now - when you have only invested £10, you don't have much to loose by saving them.
However always do what you think is best, we don't know your situation/life ect.

Further, I have one more advice; if you are planing on holding on to your BTC for a longer period of time then get em away from the online wallet as soon as possible. On the other hand if you are selling Monday, then you might as well keep em online (maybe update the password on your account to something strong as well).

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
KieranJones1

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:27:25 PM

I would also think twice about selling right now - when you have only invested £10, you don't have much to loose by saving them.
However always do what you think is best, we don't know your situation/life ect.
Listen to this guy, he's right. I intend to sell in the ~near future because I simply need the cash to support my lifestyle, so sell if you need to, but some very optimistic bulls are suggesting that 0.1 BTC could be worth £1000 alone at some point soon; the very very optimistic bulls are saying that "some point soon" may even come by the end of next year, but I wouldn't be so sure.

Basically, if you're on a comfortable salary and can afford to save instead of sell, I'd suggest saving.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:35:46 PM

nice!  That's awesome to hear that you found your money!  Still, 0.75 is a lot better than nothing!

fonter

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:37:25 AM

good luck, it's really a big news
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:06:34 AM

Good luck

Just hang on to them and forget about them

You did it before Wink

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:18:16 AM

like everyone else has said, just hold onto your coins.. why not? it's not like you spent that much for it. one day your .75 coins might be worth $10,000  Smiley

if you want to cash out without hassle, consider buying a gift card from gyft.com.. that or you can sell at localbitcoins.com
benkerr

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:55:10 AM

ask yourself how did you paid them first ?
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:06:12 AM

i have a dream.... sorry..joke

Find that coins man.... good luck...

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:26:46 AM

Nice!

Yup, 0.75 btc is so much better than none Smiley

Especially because that much is worth about $750.

If I were you, I would hold on to this, unless you desperately need the money now.

The prices are fluctuating but I'm noticing that overall, the prices are going up steadily.

Congrats on your finding! Cheesy
malumeze86

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:31:32 AM

Congrats on finding your coins!  

That's not bad for only £10!  I wish I would've gotten some BTC when it was so cheap.  Smiley

1EaEzvenWz2nXNQxEyQmkHhfSKxpXeRsyD
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: