Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:07:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Exchange for Alt Currencies  (Read 936 times)
ModalMechanica (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:00:23 AM

Hi there, I'm pretty new to this and am just trying to get a feel around the different exchanges, and maybe invest in som alts. I'm on BTC-e and have that going, but they a tad limited. I checked out cryptsy too, great ui, but there must be some kind of bug because i cant figure out any way to deposit any kind of funds into the site.

Thanks for any info people.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:36:39 AM

Crypsty is having a lot of problems right now. They say it is due to a high influx of new users. I use Vircurex to trade DVC/BTC.
ModalMechanica (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:28:42 AM

Crypsty is having a lot of problems right now. They say it is due to a high influx of new users. I use Vircurex to trade DVC/BTC.

Is Vircurex reliable? And how is it getting in USD?
MAbtc

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:37:04 AM

Is Vircurex reliable? And how is it getting in USD?
Reliable? I haven't had any major problems. They obviously don't deal with the kind of volume that, say, BTC-E has. I don't deposit USD, but I think it may be problematic with Aurumxchange gone. Not sure what other services you can use to deposit USD.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 03:39:18 AM

I just wrote a post on my blog about this:
http://btcgeek.com/cryptsy-alternatives/ Cryptsy is too slow at the moment, so hopefully some of these other exchanges would help people
MAbtc

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:42:02 AM

http://btcgeek.com/cryptsy-alternatives/ Cryptsy is too slow at the moment, so hopefully some of these other exchanges would help people
I personally like Vircurex much better than Cryptsy. Some good options there. DVC is up 5x from its bottom a couple weeks ago. Tongue But obviously the draw of Crypsty is the extensive list of coins. I was never a fan of the interface of Coins-e, so never bothered with it.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:45:54 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 03:50:35 AM by tysat

I would still recommend:
https://www.cryptsy.com/
- it is very easy to use.
ModalMechanica (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:25:24 AM

@ruletheworld  Thanks man thats very helpful
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 05:26:34 AM

I personally like Vircurex much better than Cryptsy. Some good options there. DVC is up 5x from its bottom a couple weeks ago. Tongue But obviously the draw of Crypsty is the extensive list of coins. I was never a fan of the interface of Coins-e, so never bothered with it.
Agreed. If you are looking at the coins in Vircurex only, I think it is pretty good. However, like you mentioned, Cryptsy has a much more extensive inventory of currency pairs.
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 05:33:21 AM

@ruletheworld  Thanks man thats very helpful
Glad you found it helpful. Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments Smiley
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 05:49:51 AM

I recommend CryptoTrade, its a small exchange but is very fast and responsive to use, is always up and has a good selection of altcoins, some of which are paired USD.  Some of us are also trying to get WDC/USD added there and the response from staff has been encouraging Smiley

Its difficult currently to transfer fiat there if you are american but the site working on finding alternatives.  For the rest of the world there is a selection of payment processors that are supported for depositing and withdrawal.  Check the site for more info. Link is in my signature Smiley

Screensht of currency pairs you can trade there and last trade price as of a few minutes ago:

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
geekz

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

जगत् िमत

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:46:43 AM

BTC-e is better than cryptsy. Cryptsy is very slow.
PauloFiorio

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:08:27 AM

I was liking mcxnow.. lets wait now
ModalMechanica (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:45:52 AM

the more and more i read about it, BTC-e seems less and less trustworthy lol
Minnlo

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:02:23 AM

I have seen dozens of posts mentioning how btc-e scam recently.
Cryptsy is right now having some problem as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: