Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:14:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Late Adopter  (Read 1110 times)
m4552669 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:16:28 AM

Hey folks,

When Bitcoin was at 273$ i figured that this train has left and it was pointless investing.

Lo and behold, not too long after it stands proud at its current value. Was curious as to whether how other late adopters like myself are planning to manage their crypto funds? I believe its set to climb much higher.. what do you think?

Any pearls of wisdom that you share will be much appreciated...trying to hold back from pooling in a good portion of my life savings in to it.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:17:51 AM

yes, most people believe it will continue to climb. you can't really set a specific number to cap its possibility in growth. soon a major retailer will start accepting it (and use bitpay) and that's going to start another round of increases (in my opinion).
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:19:14 AM

I'm bearish on short-term price (though... I have been bearish from $450-950, panic-bought at $950, then bearish again starting @ $1100 [I swore off short-term trading a long time ago, but needed to cash out and am doing it much slower than I intended]), but you're not a late adopter by any reasonable measurement.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:22:33 AM

i'm throwing random numbers out here.. but i think the possible # of users worldwide is say.. 10-15%. right now, i don't think we're even at 1% adoption rate, so if you buy not, the whole world could be your oyster.
jackioflap

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:36:08 AM

Honestly i only learned about BTC a week ago. I have been reading everything i can find on it for close to 12 hours a day. I have also been visiting every faucet i can find almost like clockwork. Only have 0.00001362 (USD 0.15) in my wallet but it will be close to 0.00003000 by teusday. Not getting rich but its a start. I truly think that BTC is gonna skyrocket in the next year or so but i also know its going to crash. All things have bumps. When it does i intend to buy it up like crazy. We are no where near latecommers. Just have a plan in place and the benifits will fantastic. Always be ready.

" The irrationality of a thing is no
argument against its existence,
rather a condition of it."
Friedrick Nietzsche
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:39:07 AM

Still early adopters. I think we have some room to go higher from here on this current rally, but I think you will be able to buy at considerably lower prices.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:38:40 AM

. . .Was curious as to whether how other late adopters like myself are planning. . .

Late adopter?  mBTC only just reached dollar parity at the BTC-E exchange 60 hours ago?  At the moment it's all the way back down to $0.98 per mBTC?  We have a loooong way to go until mBTC reaches $1000.  Lots of room for growth.
maestroabulense

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:48:58 AM

As always only invest money you do not rely on. Gold rule.

People entering now are still early adopters, 6 months ago you even may mean founders by early adopters!
Chapps34

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:56:28 AM

its a scary thought to think you are late to the show, but there will ALWAYS be people who start things ealrier and get in before you.  But those people need YOU and US to keep buying and talking about the coin so that it grows in publicity!!
Chrome67

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:05:50 AM

Gotta say I felt much like the OP when I read about Bitcoin's a couple of weeks ago, then noticed something else come across my path which made me actually look into them when BTC was @ ~$750.00.  My interest was piqued and I've been reading diligently ever since in what feels like "catch-up" mode.  One posting did mention a similar run-up back in 2011, obviously not as high, but with comparable spikes, eventually dropping back to about 200% of the starting "take-off" value.  The point of the post was that these will happen over and over so regardless of entry point it's still, and hopefully will be for quite a while, a profitable venture (of course unless you're CPU mining sha-256 coins that is...).  Personally, I'm still hyped about it...already purchased a few GPU miners which should arrive any day and am gaining an interesting experience if nothing else in the short run.  Figured if I can get over 1 M/hs on scrypt I'll just let it run and churn out some coins to play with on the exchanges.

From you "forum gladiators" that still poke around the noob forums, is coin-hopping a fairly common practice, or do most just grab one and stick with it?  I'm more interested in the dynamics of the pool hash rates jumping around since I'd hate to suddenly be stuck in a dead pool without warning.  Just wondering Smiley
PauloFiorio

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:24:51 AM

We still on the ground zero if u think we will get the main stream people!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 06:36:35 AM

Any pearls of wisdom that you share will be much appreciated...trying to hold back from pooling in a good portion of my life savings in to it.

One word, "Altcoins"!

Goldcoin (GLD) is a coin sure to compete at the highest of levels. I have put a video in my signature that you might like.

Best of luck and much love!  Cheesy

....................................... Here's the link to my video vvvvv! Smiley

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:57:08 AM

Welcome to he club

I am a pretty late adopter myself sadly

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:01:58 AM

You're not a late adopter until bitcoin goes full blown mainstream, completely loses steam and goes through the stages of being replaced by Bitcoin 2.0 Tongue

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:13:20 AM

You are in early majority Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:58:42 PM

You are in early majority Smiley

I suspect we are still in "Innovators" on that chart.

Possibly "Early adopters".

There is no way we are at the "Early Majority" stage yet.
sum31uk

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:10:29 PM

There is a great deal of potential for more adoption. I would say that things are still in an early stage. Everything that Paypal is currently used for could be possible by bitcoin in a couple of years.
YamashitaRen

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:19:59 PM

Hello guys. I'm a late adopter too Smiley
Like all of you, I'm pretty sure that altcoins popularity will increase a lot !
Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:49:27 PM

I'm a late adopter too.

I found out about btc a few months ago.

I saw prices drop to $60 a piece when the silk road was shut down and I thought btc was mostly over.

I'm still killing myself for not buying some then...
yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:03:28 PM

Well, it's difficult to predict the future of BTC but currently there's a huge media hype about it. I wouldn't buy at the current rates, a raise of several 1000 % within 1-2 years isn't "healthy" at all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: