Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:47:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I safe ?  (Read 294 times)
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 07:45:28 AM

This kind of issue has become so rampant these days. I dont believe this at first, but some of the exchanges and other online wallets are exposing their customer's email addresses, thats why we're recieving login attempts from different places and it is very alarming already. In this situation we would realize how useful 2FA are, and we must keep it from being exposed as well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:32:52 PM

This kind of issue has become so rampant these days. I dont believe this at first, but some of the exchanges and other online wallets are exposing their customer's email addresses, thats why we're recieving login attempts from different places and it is very alarming already.
No, exchanges and online wallet services aren't exposing people's email addresses. People use one email address for basically everything. In most cases faucets and other trash sites get hacked and their database leaked, so with all that information the hackers try to gain access to exchanges and online wallet services, which is their only objective obviously. With how crypto has increased in value lately these log-in attempts have increased as well.

In other words, use a shitty email account for faucets whatnot, and use new highly secured email accounts for important services. This is common internet etiquette, come on!
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:46:35 PM

This kind of issue has become so rampant these days. I dont believe this at first, but some of the exchanges and other online wallets are exposing their customer's email addresses, thats why we're recieving login attempts from different places and it is very alarming already.
No, exchanges and online wallet services aren't exposing people's email addresses. People use one email address for basically everything. In most cases faucets and other trash sites get hacked and their database leaked, so with all that information the hackers try to gain access to exchanges and online wallet services, which is their only objective obviously. With how crypto has increased in value lately these log-in attempts have increased as well.

In other words, use a shitty email account for faucets whatnot, and use new highly secured email accounts for important services. This is common internet etiquette, come on!
We have no proof that exchanges and online wallet services expose or not exposing our email address, so the possibility exists. Actually, different email for many sites isn't required too much, the only thing essentials are to use a strong password for every site that we sign up.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:59:42 PM

OP, One should take the issue of online payment seriously and shouldn't joke with it. Hackers are always hungry for more and can do anything to break into their victims account whenever they are determined to do so. The truth is, no matter how we try to protect ourselves with any good available means; the internet is still not a safe place. Change your password and still be vigilant.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:30:07 PM

Since I was able to passed up bitter experience when it comes to hacked due on having that habit on using up single email on all sorts of accounts either on my game accounts or on investment side which it was exposed and been hacked and it do repeats since my password was also just the same.After scenario I had learned and now that simple etiquette that you mention is what I'm doing now.
Oasisman

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 04:24:41 AM

Well, that is a very good point, lets add that up as one of the reasons.
 We had a discussion here regarding this issue couple of months ago and I was suggesting them that maybe these emails have been used in different website discussions about cryptocurrency, but there were who claimed that they didnt used their emails from any other website except the exchange. So, what we are suspecting was, the involvement of the exchanges in such issue. Idk really, but that was just the closest theory that we ever come up with. I could be wrong, least we can do here is to regularly check our accounts and emails to prevent from being robbed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kidd07

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:37:13 AM

We had a discussion here regarding this issue couple of months ago and I was suggesting them that maybe these emails have been used in different website discussions about cryptocurrency, but there were who claimed that they didnt used their emails from any other website except the exchange. So, what we are suspecting was, the involvement of the exchanges in such issue. Idk really, but that was just the closest theory that we ever come up with. I could be wrong, least we can do here is to regularly check our accounts and emails to prevent from being robbed.

Maybe, just make a strong password will be at least 8 characters in length, but the more the better. The longer (more characters) your password is, the more time it will take the hacker to crack it.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:55:08 PM

You can use free service such as haveibeenpwned.com to notify you if a website containing your data were hacked.
I doubt exchange would sell their customers data, the risk when being found out is too high. It's more believable if an exchange got hacked and its data leaked to internet.
Case of Bitcoin exchange being hacked are not new here, There's always at least one exchange hacked in a year.

Maybe, just make a strong password will be at least 8 characters in length, but the more the better. The longer (more characters) your password is, the more time it will take the hacker to crack it.
You can use KeepPass to store and generate random password with more than 25 characters long, but if a website stores your password without salting or even worse, a plain text then it won't matter how many characters you set on your password.
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:05:50 AM

if someone login your skrill account then you should change the password for all sites if same password used anywhere else .
also for skrill change pwd , don't 2FA is extra layer of security , don't take it as only layer .
also find out how they got your password , it is too weak or you use common password for all sites , if you do use common password then you are at big risk .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:08:40 AM

password is not safe totally , even if you set strong password with letters and numbers combo and 15 characters long , then too there are high chances of hack . 2 step verification is the only solution to make it 99.99% secure .
also use only google authentication app bcoz we can trust this developer .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
Oasisman

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 08:50:31 AM

You can use free service such as haveibeenpwned.com to notify you if a website containing your data were hacked.
I doubt exchange would sell their customers data, the risk when being found out is too high. It's more believable if an exchange got hacked and its data leaked to internet.
Case of Bitcoin exchange being hacked are not new here, There's always at least one exchange hacked in a year.

Thanks for the extra tip. I doubt that as well, but there are those who insistand that made me on the verge of believing it, but that would be too risky with the exchange's  integrity. 
Hackers who can succesfully access the customers essential info can also be bad to the exchanger's image.
Neverthless, these are just one of the risks in investing to cryptocurrency and it would be better if we help each other to prevent this from happening to our fellow investors.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:08:14 PM

I just opened my email to check it as I do every day and I saw 3 different IP had logged in my SKRILL account. I immediately didn't change password but added 2FA Authentication for Skrill. There is no way they to have find my Google password as I have it with 2FA too.
Am I safe or should I also change the password ?

Wow if I were you then I would have immediately notified google support about that and change the password immediately. Then comes the step of adding the 2FA authentication. However, adding it later on wont matter if those hackers have already logged in with your google account.

You should immediately visit the account and settings page where you can get the access to "log out from all devices" option and immediately click that one. This will log you out as well as it will log out all the devices connected to you from that particular google account. Its best if you are not certain about your privacy setting.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:38:18 PM

2 step verification is the only solution to make it 99.99% secure .
also use only google authentication app bcoz we can trust this developer .

2FA is only highly secure when you make sure that you access Google Authenticator through a mobile phone that's connected to a seperate internet connection. In my case I have a smartphone with a mobile internet connection solely meant to host Google Authenticator, and it works like a charm. There have been several cases already where people connected all their devices to the same network and they got their accounts drained like it didn't cost any effort. Everything comes down to how you set up and use everything. 2FA is only worthwhile in case of proper usage. Blindly trusting in 2FA is dangerous, very much so.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: