Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: With FACTA going into affect in 2014, people will be fleeing to Bitcoin  (Read 4333 times)
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:43:29 PM

I'm sorry but there isn't an alternative to TAXES.  If you want public services to exist, roads to be paved, streets to be cleaned, downed trees to be picked up etc etc etc then there has to be funds that take care of it.

Yes because God knows what kind of chaos would ensue if the free market were to take care of public services. Such as the internet. Or food production or distribution. Or technological innovation. Or any other kind of production. Thank God we have the almighty big brother central planning state for all that. Oh wait...
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:18:41 AM

I'm sorry but there isn't an alternative to TAXES.  If you want public services to exist, roads to be paved, streets to be cleaned, downed trees to be picked up etc etc etc then there has to be funds that take care of it.

I love how you guys wanna be left alone and shit and when you get scammed or lose your bitcoins you wanna get the law involved.  I mean talk about hypocrisy.

If you wanna be on your own, then pack your belongings and move to an island somewhere with your bitcoins.  But you don't wanna do that do you?  No of course, you want to be part of a functioning society.  Then until you live here do as is required by a citizen and pay your taxes and stop depending on others to do if for you.

Wow you really have no idea do you, have you actually checked where your taxes actually go? No need to check just take a look around... none of your taxes actually go to do any of that. Notice how on top of your large taxes you're still paying for roads via tolls, you're still paying heavy council fees, you're still paying through the roof for energy and water, you're still paying extreme insurance costs for basic healthcare, there has been no major scientific breakthroughs through government research in the past 2 decades (Curing cancer, etc) All "public" services that should be covered under a tax system in a theft free environment. Didn't you even notice how Infrastructure is crumbling and there is barely any development??

I don't actually mind taxes but only if they aren't stolen, if we are paying huge taxes but actually getting it back in form of infrastructure & development it's fine, but we know that didn't work. A society can function and prosper with a minimal flat universal tax as low as 1% or even tax free (funding government via fees for services and imports).

I suggest you do some reading on this topic, will help you better understand why every western nation is in shambles.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:58:56 AM

I love how you guys wanna be left alone and shit and when you get scammed or lose your bitcoins you wanna get the law involved.  I mean talk about hypocrisy.

If you wanna be on your own, then pack your belongings and move to an island somewhere with your bitcoins.  But you don't wanna do that do you?  No of course, you want to be part of a functioning society.  Then until you live here do as is required by a citizen and pay your taxes and stop depending on others to do if for you.

Wow you really have no idea do you, have you actually checked where your taxes actually go? No need to check just take a look around... none of your taxes actually go to do any of that. Notice how on top of your large taxes you're still paying for roads via tolls, you're still paying heavy council fees, you're still paying through the roof for energy and water, you're still paying extreme insurance costs for basic healthcare, there has been no major scientific breakthroughs through government research in the past 2 decades (Curing cancer, etc) All "public" services that should be covered under a tax system in a theft free environment. Didn't you even notice how Infrastructure is crumbling and there is barely any development??

I don't actually mind taxes but only if they aren't stolen, if we are paying huge taxes but actually getting it back in form of infrastructure & development it's fine, but we know that didn't work. A society can function and prosper with a minimal flat universal tax as low as 1% or even tax free (funding government via fees for services and imports).

I suggest you do some reading on this topic, will help you better understand why every western nation is in shambles.

yeah, i think most people wouldn't complain if taxes weren't so exorbitantly high (and to top that off, they tax every fucking thing.. from income, capital gains, sales, property, VAT and whatever else). we don't need to spend trillions on defense. we don't need to spend $100 a box of markers.

the problem is that politicians and corporations use tax revenue for their own personal gain.. at the cost of the regular taxpayer.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 11:12:03 AM

I'm sorry but there isn't an alternative to TAXES.  If you want public services to exist, roads to be paved, streets to be cleaned, downed trees to be picked up etc etc etc then there has to be funds that take care of it.

I love how you guys wanna be left alone and shit and when you get scammed or lose your bitcoins you wanna get the law involved.  I mean talk about hypocrisy.

If you wanna be on your own, then pack your belongings and move to an island somewhere with your bitcoins.  But you don't wanna do that do you?  No of course, you want to be part of a functioning society.  Then until you live here do as is required by a citizen and pay your taxes and stop depending on others to do if for you.

Bwahahahahahah.

+1

Imagine your buddies take you to Vegas and your best buddy hires a dominatrix for you and she ties you up to the bed and repeatedly punches you in the balls. He pays her $200 from your wallet and expects you to thank him for the hook up.

All of that stuff you said about what the government provides. Ya, we do not want those things. We repeatedly say we do not want it. We talk all the time about how much we do not want these government services over and over and over and over.

But you go ahead and vote for people who provide it, then you tell us that we are hypocrites for living in this society that provides all of this bullshit when we complain about being robbed to get punched in the nuts.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 01:12:03 PM

Most of the greedy bitcoiners wants to make huge profits from speculation AND evade taxes.

Yes I like to have my cake and eat it. And come back for seconds.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 01:33:48 PM

Most of the greedy bitcoiners wants to make huge profits from speculation AND evade taxes.

Yes I like to have my cake and eat it. And come back for seconds.

hahaha nice one  Grin

zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:16:06 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 02:31:28 PM by zeroday

Your mind is heavily washed. Big Brother always say all their actions are vital. Like inquisition when people were burned in the name of God, like Nazi regime when Jews were legally taxed to death for the prosperity of the nation.
Click on my signature and learn how people lost everything when they were "taxed" in Cyprus in name of European Union.

I escaped European financial prison and now I'm living at the place where all my income is not taxed at all. And I don't see anything wrong with public roads and infrastructure.
Jason

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:19:18 PM

To those who equate following the law with being an honorable person, I suggest you go pick up and read a book or two by a man named George Orwell.  Or if reading is not your thing, then have a look at this web site instead:  http://www.josietheoutlaw.com/

For the rest of you, you may want to take a look as well and consider whether they are worth supporting.

BM-2D7sazxZugpTgqm3M2MCi5C1t8Du8BN11f
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:35:50 PM

Every road in my area has been paid for by the gas drilling companies, not the government.  We don't have street cleaners, and local residents take care of downed trees.  Even if the government did do all of those things for us, they still also spend the vast majority of their money murdering people, so fuck them.

I have been scammed, and I didn't go crying to an authority.  I sucked it up, learned my lesson, and moved on.

The sad part about pick up and leave is I can't escape the reach of my government no matter where I go.  I get certain protections (like being safe from drones, for now) by staying.  You might have a point that protection is worth paying for, but I would also be paying for the drones and missiles.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Lollaskates

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:47:19 PM

FATCA will forever be known as FATCAT, as it serves them well.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:55:30 PM

Oh, look! Another person conflating government with society!  Grin

The bolded part speaks volume about the level of your imagination and nothing about reality.

Also this made me laugh a lot:

But you go ahead and vote for people who provide it, then you tell us that we are hypocrites for living in this society that provides all of this bullshit when we complain about being robbed to get punched in the nuts.

Aren't we all ungrateful for not appreciating all the great stuff they're forcing on us?  Grin

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:09:40 PM

First let me say, I'm a huge supporter of social programs.  It's the one thing I think government should be doing, since nobody else will and I believe in taking care of ones neighbor. In addition to basic infrastructure and all that.  That's all a given.  However, I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of taxes.  Most of the taxes don't go to any of the stuff you've described.  You know where it goes?  It goes to pay the interest on the debt that is created out of thin air and sold to the banks.  Also known as treasury bonds.  The IRS enforces this corruption by collecting, by force, the gains for the capital holders.  You know, the wealthy elite who own the banks and thus own the government because they buy the Treasury bonds, with an expectation of interest on capital.  

"Borrower is a slave to the lender."

Since the government is in debt to the banks, the government is the banks slave and thus, will do whatever the banks tell them to do.  If you found your way to Bitcoin, that means there is hope for you.  Doesn't mean you have to be a delusional uber-bull, Libertarian or any other stupid title.  But it does mean you're going to have to learn for yourself, the truth behind the banks, the government, the IRS and how money is created in the first place.  I'll give you a hint, most of it's not coming off printing presses.   Wink

To the OP...I'm not sure this is going to cause people to "flee" into Bitcoin.  Bitcoin exchanges are increasingly adding verification requirements and continue to show a willingness to comply with regulations.  Kind of defeats the purpose of "tax haven" if you've given up all your personal info.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:06:57 PM

great point.

Never said it was... doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Slaves didn't have much say in the legalized degree of their humanity either.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:09:52 PM

Our trash is private, the streets in our community are private, so there plainly is an alternative to taxes.  You just have to think about them.  The statists have you brainwashed.

BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:15:59 AM

Thank you everyone for thoroughly bunking - no, outright smashing - rather, absolutely OBLITERATING the classic statist "MUH ROADS..." argument that was made on the previous page.

It gives me faith in humanity to see so many people in one place who "know their shit."

Grin

Keep fitin the good fite.

Bless Satoshi.
DeeBo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:53:10 AM

I'm sorry but there isn't an alternative to TAXES.  If you want public services to exist, roads to be paved, streets to be cleaned, downed trees to be picked up etc etc etc then there has to be funds that take care of it.

I love how you guys wanna be left alone and shit and when you get scammed or lose your bitcoins you wanna get the law involved.  I mean talk about hypocrisy.

If you wanna be on your own, then pack your belongings and move to an island somewhere with your bitcoins.  But you don't wanna do that do you?  No of course, you want to be part of a functioning society.  Then until you live here do as is required by a citizen and pay your taxes and stop depending on others to do if for you.

That's actually a tax that's done correctly and is quite enforcable even in the world of bitcoins.  If you want to drive, you have to buy license plate tags and gasoline.  Both of those things are taxed and goes towards road maintanince.  If you don't drive, you don't pay those taxes.

The type of tax that I'm against is when they take a huge cut out of my paycheck for social security that is going to be bankrupt before I would be eligible to take advantage of it, a massive military to wage wars on the other side of the world, and a prison system housing millions of non-violent drug offenders.  It's for those reasons that I'm glad we now have a way for the first time to take money out of the sole control of the government and give it to the people.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:11:51 AM

yes, i'll enjoy paying my taxes for your shitty pothole roads and clean streets that i never use, and taxes for bombs to kill all those little kids overseas that never meant me any harm.  taxation is theft.  like others have said above, if you enjoy your taxes so much, feel
free to give away all that bratty money you hate so much.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:10:32 PM

Yup, some of us that lost thousands of XBT -- millions of USD -- in the BTCST Ponzi, sat back and let the so-called authorities handle the theft. We could have traveled to TX, kidnapped Shavers (pirate@40), tied him to a chair, applied a c-clamp to his knee, and tightened it a quarter-turn every two minutes 'till he spit out his private keys.

But that would have likely landed _us_ -- the defrauded victims -- in jail for a protracted period.

Instead, Trendon is currently a free man.

Tell me about your so-called 'justice' again?

It's not hypocrisy, it's self-preservation.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:11:56 PM

Larken & Co FTW!

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:58:35 PM

Man this site made me frustrated, then angry and happy.  thanks for the OP for the post. 

If it is now considered being greedy if one prefers to not be taxed by a parasitic government then call me greedy and what every else you can come up with.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: