Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 04:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: H61 Pro BTC for Litecoin mining?  (Read 2930 times)
Triton (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:33:43 AM

I shall start litecoin mining soon. But i'd like to know whether H61 Pro BTC is any good for litecoin mining?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61%20Pro%20BTC/

Or is there are any more powerful ones out there and the expected waiting time or delivery. There are many with 2 weeks or more waiting times.

I also wonder if I need get another computer or mining purposes as someone told me that mining won't really harm the computer while someone else say that it'll kill it.

How many GPU for a mining rig?

Thank you in advance for the response!
Wirel

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:43:13 AM

Want' aware asrock created a mb targeted to bitcoin mining lol.
Well it's only abundant with pci-e slots, get a good psu and you should be good also for litecoin mining with vga's, 4x7950 VGA are a common choice, but Vga mining for litecoin isn't anymore what it used to be thanks to the difficulty increase.

Ah, for interaction with your desktop while you mine you should keep a card free from mining (if you want to play game) or with low or dynamic intensity if you just wanna surf the web/office use.

If mining does harm your pc? Well if you don't have a good cooling yes, high temperatures are to be expected, but if you build it the right way it should work !
Triton (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:50:41 AM

Want' aware asrock created a mb targeted to bitcoin mining lol.
Well it's only abundant with pci-e slots, get a good psu and you should be good also for litecoin mining with vga's, 4x7950 VGA are a common choice, but Vga mining for litecoin isn't anymore what it used to be thanks to the difficulty increase.

Ah, for interaction with your desktop while you mine you should keep a card free from mining (if you want to play game) or with low or dynamic intensity if you just wanna surf the web/office use.

If mining does harm your pc? Well if you don't have a good cooling yes, high temperatures are to be expected, but if you build it the right way it should work !

You mean vga's, 4x7950 or H61 Pro BTC are ok? or you mean use them simultaneously or better performance?
Triton (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:14:50 AM

bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: