Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:43:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum And Avast Download? Avast warns that it met the file for the first time  (Read 634 times)
samaney (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:55:28 AM

I guess Electrum is somewhat a popular client. But  -  when I downloaded Electrum Windows versions from the download page, Avast gives such a warning that it is a very rare and newly met file meaning that almost no one downloaded it. I believe something's wrong there? I am just new to this Bitcoin community, but at the very least I just seem to know that Electrum is a widely used software. Am I doing something wrong? Can some of you shed light upon the reliability of Electrum. In addition, can we find the checksum of the files on other servers, to verify if the server is compromised or not?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:58:10 PM

You can check the authenticity of the software using the signature and the public keys published here https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/tree/master/pubkeys

I haven't heard of any Window user (not even my PCs) complaining about an Antivirus alert yet. Maybe AVAST is not the best software out there anyway.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: