Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 12:25:45 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't get cgminer to work  (Read 1559 times)
kb24mvp (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:29:09 AM

I've looked around and tried to find out how I can get this to work but I cant seem to find any way, if someone could help me out here I'd appreciate it

I downloaded cgminer 3.8.4 latest version, then looked on youtube tutorials etc, so I joined a mining pool, setup my worker got the mining pool adress

made a bat file inside my cgminer directory with the following line

cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://au1.miningpool.co:9203 -u username -p password -I 8

I filled out my username and password in that line, but when I run the .bat, it opens up a cmd promt window like cgminer will run then 2 lines popup and before I can read what it says it closes the cmd prompt

I tried changing the -I from 5 going up, nothing worked

Am I doing anything wrong here, why can't cgminer run? If I run the cgminer.exe by itself it says no devices detected

I went to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=342311.0 and it says openCL but I dont think thats the problem as I'm using a Nvidia Geforce 770M with the latest drivers

Thanks
Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:04:04 PM

I'm guessing you're trying to do gpu mining.

If that's the case, you have to download cgminer 3.7.2 or lower.

Cgminer removed the GPU mining option in the later versions
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: