Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:50:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is your Rig Awesome? Read here..  (Read 955 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:43:55 AM

I'm "new" ... and hoping to put something together something (initially) basic, that doesn't completely suck, but I need some guidance on the very basic of the basics.  I will probably mine some of the easiest coins out there, so I won't need something monstrous.  Thought I would ask one of the experts (you guys) for help with a very basic build. Maybe a few GPU's.  Help connecting them.  Basic stuff.  Then over time, adding more and more to them.

So if you know what you're doing, and you'd like to be compensated for the number of minutes you spend helping (at a reasonable hourly rate), I would appreciate such a service.  Preferably someone who has their stuff posted on here, and is receiving accolades for how impressive it is. Tell me what to buy, how to connect it, and get me going. 

I guess send me a PM if you're interested in providing this contracting service.

PS:  I posted this several months ago and someone PM'd me... if you are still out there, I don't still have your username (or Skype) so please PM me again!

Thanks

-Burger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:39:44 AM

how the heck u are "new" with Activity: 196 ? did u bought this account ? Huh
Jeffrey

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:33:29 PM

...I will probably mine some of the easiest coins out there, so I won't need something monstrous. ...

Hi,

I might not be a PRO in terms of forumposts here (but then again, what do forum posts actually say?) but I've set up quite a few rigs for other people and myself.

I'm just curious with what I quoted from you above, the "mine some of the easiest coins" part. Do you mean you'll mine altcoins (like litecoin, feathercoin, etc) or do you mean you just want a simple mining setup for bitcoins but just something simple to start with?
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:24:31 PM

how the heck u are "new" with Activity: 196 ? did u bought this account ? Huh
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....   new to mining?   There are other topics on this forum ...

Yes - plan to mine alt coins.  The newest and cheapest and those with the least difficulty. 
Not going to bother with Bitcoin for obvious reasons.

pjviitas

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:26:23 AM

Good plan on mining altcoins...the bitcoin value/difficulty ratio is way too high.  Its a complete sellers market right now.

Here is the best post I have ever seen on litecoin: http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/04/build-a-litecoin-mining-rig-hardware

I used the following MOBO: http://us.msi.com/product/mb/990FXA-GD65V2.html#/?div=Basic

Note that I am running more and smaller PSU's because its cheaper as follows:
-MOBO & 1 GPU - 750W
-All others GPU's have a dedicated 350W PSU

Good luck

BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:19:43 AM

I really need help with this. 

If someone who is good with this stuff could PM me I would really appreciate it.

I think a few quick skype conversations would be sufficient, and i'd be happy to pay you for your time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: