Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:50:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At just $1, QUARK will be #3 on the planet  (Read 10599 times)
Jochen

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:28:30 PM

It seems a very good alt coin !!  Grin
Invest it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:24:03 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 11:35:05 PM by Slingshot

don't Bag Quark too much - ; )

you don't understand politics do you

we will play nice if you do -

you know we have the people on side now  and it's going viral -

we achieved some things that others could not =-

so we don't want to leverage vectors that you don't want us to right ?

Politics? No.

Meet the new bosses. Same as the old bosses.

Until their not.

There's a paddle for every ass!

Soon there will be blood flowing in the Crypto Trading Streets. Lots & lots of blood.

Play nice?

After this disingenuous series of slander and slight against Novacoin and Quark?

Best duck & cover if my senses are correct. ie: Here comes shock & awe, crypto style.

The one thing these new bosses forgot is that their no match for overwhelming superior forces.

In fact now the real truth and lots of their crypto digital blood flows from every bit and byte of theirs.

Politics? Like I said, best duck, and run for cover.

ie: Your soon to be chapped, raw, burnt asses are soon to be handed to you.

Patience.

Those paddles their a coming...I can simply sense it.

Politics? You amateurs should have played nice. But now, well now it's going to cost, big time.

*.*

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:44:46 AM

245 million is an obscene number of coins.  where is the value?  how many times has their block explorer gone down?  why would anyone want to buy in at this point AT ANY PRICE?

hmmm you do realise bitcoin has 12 million coins right and costs over $1000 dollars. Do the math quark is still very cheap. Go buy some you'll feel better after the 19th when it's price is sure to rocket off again.
what will happen 'after 19th' ?

That's when Bill Still is scheduled to go on The Keiser Report. Many people believe Bill Still's Youtube videos are the reason for quark's rise in price. I think it has something minor to do with it but the rest of the alt cryptocurrency also skyrocketed shortly after that report. I'm thinking it was that frenzy that had more to do with the rise in price.

The appearance on the 19th won't be so good for the coin if the price has continually gone down. When people see the report and notice how it has declined in price (if indeed it has by then) they will be less likely to invest in it.

Yes but the point of the report is not just to say make money, it's to show it's a faster, more secure in terms of the algos it uses and more naturally and fairly distributed version of Bitcoin. I don't think they are trying to tip it only as a get rich quick scheme. Quark was way undervalued to a silly degree. Bill tipped it when before i increased, i very much doubt they will be suggesting it will increase the same amount again in such a short time. However just pointing out the benefits it does will obviously boost it up. Quark was unknown before, nobody had heard of it , that will never return.  It's like bitcoin, the ONLY thing it has over other currencies is that it was first and more people know about it.  The only people that rant on and on that bitcoin is somehow better are the ones that hold a lot of it.   Bitcoin pizza shows how little it was worth when nobody had heard of it.  The show will only be good for quark.

The price like anything after a moon shot is leveling out, this is even better because the early miners are dumping to lots of other people. Fair price will be 10-20 cents right now. However as more hear about it and enter it will rise like anything else it is demand and supply.

When you hear people mentioning bitcoin litecoin and quark you know it is not going back to obscurity where it was a few weeks back.

Let's also realise the only real place to trade it is cryptsy and that place is screwed right now, try and buy or sell on the qrk market. A nightmare. It wont be long before it hits some big exchanges where people can actually trade it. Cryptsy only works for low volume coins right now, if you try to enter a qrk or ltc sell or buy you will find out it takes 4 o5 attempt and even then i will not happen. The lag is stupid. 

Bill is well known, max is VERY well known. See his twitter, wise men will bring me bitcoin litecoin and quark.

Thanks for all the effort you put into that reply. You bring up some good points I hadn't considered before.

I think even bigger than Bill Still on Max Keiser will be when btc38.com offers the coin in China.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:49:38 AM

..., this is even better because the early miners are dumping to lots of other people.

Exactly, this is a very good counterpoint against the people who say that QRK is "premined"...

Yes, many millions were in the hands of a few dozen people.
But I don't think that is the case anymore.

Did those early adopters make a fortune by dumping QRK at these prices? Not really... but they made some easy money, oh yeah.

But those people might look very stupid when QRK goes over a dollar.
But maybe its not stupidity but the willingness to share and give something away.

You can't make a coin succeed if you are the only one who has it.

milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:53:55 AM

Isnt this coin a massive scam tho? wth??  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:17:10 AM

Isnt this coin a massive scam tho? wth??  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Why?
You can't just call names, explain why...

Coinsy

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:30:08 AM

you know we have the people on side now  and it's going viral -

Are you a developer of Quark? Because you sound very unprofessional.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 06:21:35 AM

you know we have the people on side now  and it's going viral -

Are you a developer of Quark? Because you sound very unprofessional.

look, if you derive a persons rhetorical or development skills by his chitchat in an open forum, you are doing something wrong.
Or what are your intentions?

t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:00:49 AM

Unless I'm mistaken Quark is just Bitcoin with multiple different hashing rounds. Is that it? Doesn't seem very innovative to me. It may be graphics card proof, but it isn't ASIC or FPGA proof.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:34:24 AM

Lot of dumps going on
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

It may be graphics card proof, but it isn't ASIC or FPGA proof.

Really? Point me to the gpu-miner or asic-miner that is capable of mining QRK with more efficiency.

Where are those?

Don't just make stuff up.

Jamievs

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:42:42 AM

Lot of dumps going on

Yeah. Anyone has any insight on this?
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:46:05 AM

Lot of dumps going on

Early miners, early buyers. Some of them want to cash out some % of their quarks right now. It's free market we cannot forbid them from doing it :p

Jamievs

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:50:37 AM

Lot of dumps going on

Early miners, early buyers. Some of them want to cash out some % of their quarks right now. It's free market we cannot forbid them from doing it :p

I don't blame anyone  Tongue I'm just curious  Cheesy
YayaToure

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:59:28 AM

Seems dodgy to me. A small handful of people owning that many coins before it's even out? "Coin for the people"? Hmmm looks like a get rick quick scheme and Bill Stil has fallen for it through his naivete with crypto currency

Maybe Im wrong tho

Nxt seems dodgy as well but perhaps worse in some respect considering, iirc, 70 people hold all of the billion coins or however many there are and the only way to get them is to buy them off this 'elite'
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:02:39 AM

Seems dodgy to me. A small handful of people owning that many coins before it's even out?

What do you mean? "before it's even out"?

No mining was done prior to the announced here in this forum.

Jamievs

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:03:06 AM

What for now worries me is that there are only sells going on, and barely any buys. Price dropped about 30-35% since yesterday.
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:06:38 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 09:18:39 AM by wakasaki808

Seems dodgy to me. A small handful of people owning that many coins before it's even out? "Coin for the people"? Hmmm looks like a get rick quick scheme and Bill Stil has fallen for it through his naivete with crypto currency

Maybe Im wrong tho

Nxt seems dodgy as well but perhaps worse in some respect considering, iirc, 70 people hold all of the billion coins or however many there are and the only way to get them is to buy them off this 'elite'

I think the thing you are missing with Nxt is that EVERYONE had to pay to get in on the coin. There was no "pre-mining" and the forum originated here on this board. The creator put in 1 BTC of his own money to get part of the genesis block. Every early investor was capped at 1 BTC to invest. All new investors can invest as much as they want. If you invested in the first week, you would have got 1M Nxt for 1 BTC after it was officially released, which has gone down to 100k for 1 BTC currently. The early investors invested in a coin that wasn't even released and was just "supposed" to be released. That was a huge risk for them in doing so.

It's like buying any new cryptocurrency early, you take a huge risk. Also you are forgetting that the only way to mine coins is to to hold a share of the coins. Instead of the dependency on ASICs, GPUs, CPUs, etc. You can run the client on any computer that handles Java and it mines as well as mining on a high end computer using the same client, since all that matters is the amount of Nxt you hold.

This is not a coin where you "mine" to get new coins in blocks. You "mine"(forge/get interest) coins that were part of transaction fees that were part of other transactions between other trades. Same thing happens with any cryptocurrency (the transaction fee) once the creation of new coins ends.
YayaToure

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:16:13 AM

Seems dodgy to me. A small handful of people owning that many coins before it's even out?

What do you mean? "before it's even out"?

No mining was done prior to the announced here in this forum.

It was premined, right?

I know that one of the developers has written (extremely poorly) about it, using water analogies etc., in an attempt to justify it, but that's what it was, no?
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:25:46 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 11:28:28 AM by Slingshot

BREAKING NEWS: China Bans financial institutions from Bitcoin Transactions

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/05/china-bans-financial-institutions-bitcoin-transactions/

Best Live Charts (Click BTC china for the worlds largest exchange)

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/

How bout that Shock & Awe! Stay tuned. Much more coming!
 I think the gloves just came off. Recall what I mentioned earlier in this thread?

They thought they had control, and power. And knew politics well. Guess not. Not hardly.
Their more like a speck on the windshield so far.
BTC Firster's? Here comes a bit of humbling! Pun fully intended.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: