Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter temporarily blocked my Bitcoin-related account  (Read 3373 times)
BitcoinWalker (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 12:37:22 PM

I just created a new Twitter account for my Bitcoin website a few days ago https://twitter.com/BitcoinWalker. My new account got suspended after just a few tweets. No email/words from Twitter as to why it was blocked. I submitted a ticket and got an automated reply

Hello,

We understand that you're contesting an account suspension. Please be sure to read this entire email; you will need to take further action in order to reopen your ticket for your account to be reviewed.

If your account was suspended for aggressive following behavior, you should have received an email notification to the address associated with your Twitter account. Please reply to this message and confirm ALL of the following:
• You've removed all prohibited following automation from your account, and will stop any manual aggressive following behavior.
• You've reviewed our Best Practices page: http://support.twitter.com/articles/68916
• You understand our policies and will not engage in any prohibited following behavior.

If you received an email from admin@twitter.com saying "You're being suspended" or that we're going delete your account, you're safe; the email is fake. More information here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/204820

If you're uncertain why your account was suspended, please respond to this message after reviewing the Twitter Rules: http://www.twitter.com/rules

While we strive to avoid mistakes, it's also possible that your account was suspended in error. If after reviewing the Rules, you have no idea why your account was suspended, just reply to this email and we'll review your case.

Thanks,

Twitter Support
http://support.twitter.com
@Support

A few hours later the account was opened up again. Still no email/message from Twitter. I carefully reviewed their policies and terms of use and I feel like I did nothing wrong. I haven't followed anyone yet and my very first tweets were normal in every way they could consider. Very difficult to understand!

Investing with style!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:25:45 PM

Some glitch in the automated system for sure.

BitcoinWalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:00:08 PM

I hope it was some glitch in their system. Otherwise it could be bad if the Bitcoin thing could trigger their censoring alarms.

Investing with style!

Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:16:55 PM

Probably just an error  Undecided

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:28:07 PM

Had you posted anything that could be seen as controversial?
Otherwise it looks like a standard error.
BitcoinWalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 05:37:35 PM

Had you posted anything that could be seen as controversial?
Otherwise it looks like a standard error.
Not at all. Had not done anything that could have constituted to 'aggressive behaviors'. I also have some other Twitter accounts and never ever this kind of situation happened to them before. So a temporary suspension on my new account left me to wonder if there could have been something to do with Bitcoin? Is Bitcoin a taboo thing to have with a Twitter account?

Investing with style!

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:00:54 PM

I hope it was some glitch in their system. Otherwise it could be bad if the Bitcoin thing could trigger their censoring alarms.

There are no censoring alarms on Twitter:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-01/25/france-twitter-racist-reveal

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:48:56 PM

You had more accounts , and the first tweets were links .
Do that a few times and you'll get your accounts temporarily blocked even with a link to the fbi.

Happened to me before , nothing with bitcoin related.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄