Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Language with Pure Descriptive Sound... Lets evolve today!  (Read 926 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 03:38:53 AM

I'm so sick of human languages, its so utterly difficult to communicate anything in this fast pace world, if i need fast answers I go to the Internet and chat with my homies in Florida, Eygypt and of course last but not least the Internet community. The issue is with text i had the following problem:

I was filling something out to apply for BBB accreditation and when it got to the describe your business part I wont down my thoughts and worried about the spell check until the end. Well it took me about 5 minutes to type(100WPM woot!) well of course I must look professional and not just take advantage of the time i would have saved by just clicking "Send for application". No I spell/grammar checked everything. Needless to say my grammar was pretty on par, but my spelling was seriously something wrong with every word(as always). As I'm spell checking them I'm seeing what I'm doing wrong with every word, the first couple were way off... but over 90% of all the words spelled wrong were simple I before the e's rule or some of them were like how i would spell it the same way i say it so if you read the word it would sound okay but you can tell that it is spelled completely wrong. My point: Took me another 5-10 minutes to just spell check it.

and with sound/voice its a tid bit easier to get your words out mainly because you can actually funnel emotion through within the sound instead of pausing your audience with a smile face Smiley  but of course that doesn't quite work today. With all the different accents going around, slang words, some words even have multiple meanings to the same word spelling or sound. This may not be an issue with other languages but I'm seriously fed up with the English one.

Anyways all this got me thinking i wonder if there is a way where we can all speak the same language, that works with Internet, and real life. Thats impossible to confuse with other meanings. I was thinking making we could all have Vocoders installed in our throats that will send alternating sound frequencies and each frequency means "something", and on top of that we can send emotion through each High-Mid-Low filters by alternating the intensity of each frequency section. Loud highs can emphasizes the happiness or joy(quit highs shows that happiness isn't present), the volume intensity in the mid frequency section can signify interest or dis-interest, A loud low frequency can signify help or in need of real assistance(such as a medical emergency), and a quite low frequency could signify relaxedness or calmness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 06:09:24 AM

How far is Lojban from your goals?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 08:57:21 AM

well i guess your correct, but it still uses a method of relying on vocal chords which can make words sound different at times. Unless lojban solves this?
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 09:08:42 AM

well i guess your correct

wouldn't it be easier to just learn how to spell? it often surprises me how some people find it so difficult.

one thing that should be considered though, is just because you can't spell things the 'official' way, doesn't necessarily mean that it's your fault that communication isn't working... it can also be considered a failure of the receiver not to understand mis-spellings.

p.s. one of my rhymes that i say in my head: there's no eve in receive.
Fakeman

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 04:55:25 PM

one thing that should be considered though, is just because you can't spell things the 'official' way, doesn't necessarily mean that it's your fault that communication isn't working... it can also be considered a failure of the receiver not to understand mis-spellings.

A lot of the time though it's not even an issue of miscommunication when people make a big deal over spelling. People will judge you by how you look, dress and speak, and spelling is just another one of the many things that get used in deciding how important or credible you are in a split second. To a shallow person, who you are (or appear to be) is the most important factor in evaluating what you're saying.

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: