Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funds disappeared from my Cryptsy account  (Read 1116 times)
Romyen (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:59:21 PM

I just now tried executing my first trade with Cryptsy after depositing Bitcoin. The trade at first appeared to be accepted, but then came back with a message indicating insufficient funds. The trade was not posted, and the Bitcoin funds have disappeared from my account. I'm trying to figure out if this is merely a technical issue with Cryptsy or downright theft. There appears to be no way of raising a support issue other than sending them an e-mail, which I did. They haven't had a chance to respond yet, and I don't want to jump the gun and make accusations. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems with this exchange, or if it has been hacked.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 03:01:34 PM

Crypsty's recent update has made it VERY unstable and pushed it back into what I would consider pre-alpha..

I'd avoid it for now.. Make a ticket and hope he rights it.

Good luck!

KLYE

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 03:03:09 PM

Remember that there are tons of problems like 'order cancelled => coins not returned'. Hopefully Cryptsy will fix it, but no one knows when.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
refer_2_me

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:04:10 PM

I've had a similar issue this morning. I posted a buy order earlier and then this morning, I went to cancel it and it said that it was canceled, but it disappeared from my Balances page. Looking at the specific market I was trading on, it was still listed as an open trade. But when I clicked cancel, it said it already was.

BTC: 1reFerkRnftob5YvbB112bbuwepC9XYLj
XPM: APQpPZCfEz3kejrYTfyACY1J9HrjnRf34Y
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:04:41 PM

I just now tried executing my first trade with Cryptsy after depositing Bitcoin. The trade at first appeared to be accepted, but then came back with a message indicating insufficient funds. The trade was not posted, and the Bitcoin funds have disappeared from my account. I'm trying to figure out if this is merely a technical issue with Cryptsy or downright theft. There appears to be no way of raising a support issue other than sending them an e-mail, which I did. They haven't had a chance to respond yet, and I don't want to jump the gun and make accusations. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems with this exchange, or if it has been hacked.

Happened to me, Cryptsy has a terrible trade engine and the lagg is too much. I've already had multiple issues with them which is why i've largely stayed out of altcoin investments except for few mbtc here and there.  I'd be careful about large BTC transfer for example at this stage.

Log a support ticket anyway (they take 12 hours to respond), but i'm pretty sure your coins will come back in about 6 hours (it came back for me it about that much time). I missed out on good buys due to that, but whatever there aren't much options out there anyway.

Romyen (OP)

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:02:10 PM

Happened to me, Cryptsy has a terrible trade engine and the lagg is too much. I've already had multiple issues with them which is why i've largely stayed out of altcoin investments except for few mbtc here and there.  I'd be careful about large BTC transfer for example at this stage.

Log a support ticket anyway (they take 12 hours to respond), but i'm pretty sure your coins will come back in about 6 hours (it came back for me it about that much time). I missed out on good buys due to that, but whatever there aren't much options out there anyway.

Crytpsy responded with a ticket and fixed the problem within about an hour. I have to give them credit for being responsive.
cdtc

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:19:51 PM

I have been having issues since yesterday, balances dont get refunded after order cancellation.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
refer_2_me

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:22:54 PM

Part of my canceled orders have now been credited to my account. Still waiting on one more order.

BTC: 1reFerkRnftob5YvbB112bbuwepC9XYLj
XPM: APQpPZCfEz3kejrYTfyACY1J9HrjnRf34Y
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:21:20 PM

Same fucking thing. Made a sell order and my money is gone, no orders showing up and no money on deposits. Jesus fucking christ im lossing so much money. What are they going to do to pay this shit? I guess they dont give a fuck.

Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:27:16 PM

Same fucking thing. Made a sell order and my money is gone, no orders showing up and no money on deposits. Jesus fucking christ im lossing so much money. What are they going to do to pay this shit? I guess they dont give a fuck.

A very small minority of you seem to have some issues.

Personally I have executed thousands of trades and never had an issue.

~BCX~

thousands of trades at craptsy and never a problem? very unlikely, go out and play lotto.
i had 2 issues in 10 orders there shortly, horrible!

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
btcmania

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:41:17 PM

A very small minority of you seem to have some issues.

Personally I have executed thousands of trades and never had an issue.

~BCX~

So you keep telling us despite the weekly complaints of Cryptsy's failure to work properly. How much does Paul pay you?

Hi.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: