Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:06:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Datacoin] DTC just hit Coins-E!  (Read 1852 times)
maxsolnc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 03:50:04 PM

https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/DTC_BTC/
Now you can trade Datacoin at Coins-E ! This exchange is not very big, but recently it didn't have issues like missing funds, withdrawal problems, order cancelling etc.
Welcome for Datacoin trading on Coins-e!  Cheesy

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:56:31 PM

oh yeah, that's great!
Already 3 exchange on it. Missing only cryptsy (and btc-e Smiley )

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:04:54 PM

oh yeah, that's great!

We can wait with Cryptsy - they really have problems. I don't blame - I know what is high load and what issues can it cause (Cryptsy doesn't manage with them bad, really, comparing to websites of some big and rich corporations  Wink ). So no need to get DTC there until they fix problems.

BTC-E , yeah, and you forgot mtgox ! Cheesy

maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:21:52 PM

Just checked Coins-E DTC trade  - extremely fast, clear, funds managing correctly. Kind of happiness after other exchanges lags Smiley

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:24:58 PM

interface looks like cex.io  Cool
extro24

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:20:10 PM

Congratulations!  Awesome news.  Great work!

Now just Cryptsy.

Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:50:01 PM

oh yeah, that's great!

We can wait with Cryptsy - they really have problems. I don't blame - I know what is high load and what issues can it cause (Cryptsy doesn't manage with them bad, really, comparing to websites of some big and rich corporations  Wink ). So no need to get DTC there until they fix problems.

BTC-E , yeah, and you forgot mtgox ! Cheesy

No offence but even litecoin didn't manage to get onto MtGox. They make fake promises and terrible excuses to why it still hasn't been done.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:52:51 PM

Just checked Coins-E DTC trade  - extremely fast, clear, funds managing correctly. Kind of happiness after other exchanges lags Smiley

Coins-E stole/lost a lot of our coins. Before trying to pump your coin at least make others aware of the potential pitfalls of trading there.

maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 07:55:02 PM

Coins-E stole/lost a lot of our coins. Before trying to pump your coin at least make others aware of the potential pitfalls of trading there.

hmm, really? Now there are a lot of claims for all exchanges: cryptsy, bter, coins-e, btc-e too... Sad Could you please give me some proofs ?

huyha123

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:36:56 PM

look at the depth there. that tell it all. people not trade much with CoinE because they have problem with it.

Max - I suggest you use the site for a few trades then come back here with your opinion.
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 08:44:09 PM

look at the depth there. that tell it all. people not trade much with CoinE because they have problem with it.

Max - I suggest you use the site for a few trades then come back here with your opinion.

Thank you for updating! Smiley
Yes, I looked into coins-e. So I'll be bumping my post with voting on Cryptsy

Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:36:16 PM

Thank you for updating! Smiley
Yes, I looked into coins-e. So I'll be bumping my post with voting on Cryptsy

I really hope Cryptsy accepts it because the price has pretty much halved since this weekend.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:42:12 PM

why can't i sign up to coins-e? Says invalid captcha, but there's no captcha or captcha field  Huh

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
peer2peer360

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:53:56 AM

if Coinbase, Bitstamp, btc-e would allow Datacoin to trade on it
site that could potentially spike the value of dtc but also
bring awareness to this unique concept!

better yet ciphertrade.com will opening up for trading soon.
the new trading platform by ciphermine.com

if datacoin could trade on ciphertrade.com that could potentially
put dtc in a good position in addition to exposing more of the
cryptocommunity to this promising project.

best regard
peer2peer360
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 08:18:02 AM

if Coinbase, Bitstamp, btc-e would allow Datacoin to trade on it
site that could potentially spike the value of dtc but also
bring awareness to this unique concept!

better yet ciphertrade.com will opening up for trading soon.
the new trading platform by ciphermine.com

if datacoin could trade on ciphertrade.com that could potentially
put dtc in a good position in addition to exposing more of the
cryptocommunity to this promising project.

best regard
peer2peer360

btc-e answered my mail - they are not interested in adding you coins. The same for bitstamp, coinbase - they're only BTC supporters.
ciphertrade - there are few votes for DTC, but looks that they want add QRK\WDC - much more famous coins.

JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:29:17 AM

When i look at the orderbook at coins-e it appears to be rly empty..

Is it a display bug or noone using coins-e for dtc trades?

Is there any place else I could sell some?
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 08:31:58 AM

When i look at the orderbook at coins-e it appears to be rly empty..

Is it a display bug or noone using coins-e for dtc trades?

Is there any place else I could sell some?

Coins-e are really empty, you're right.
You can use Bter: https://bter.com/trade/dtc_btc

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:59:10 AM

Hello, I am very new here and actually quite new to the whole crypto arena.

However, I am very active within the Ripple community. I have heard that there is a big bias against ripple in the bitcoin world, but I hope you will keep an open mind and finish reading my post Smiley

Ripple is currency agnostic, so that means that its distributed ledger can be used for any currency, including DTC.

I think it is important to leverage what infrastructure already exists. People are clamoring for more ways to trade DTC and ripple can do that, literally overnight.

I am not sure if you know about how the ripple system works, but there needs to be an issuer of an IOU and the IOU is what trades. What this means is that the issuer has to be trusted by the people who are trading to redeem it when requested. I am a newbie here and I don't expect anybody to trust me. However, if there was somebody in the datacoin community that everyone trusted who would issue the DTC within ripple, I can make a market in it.

Once there is a market, then anybody with a ripple account (currently 50,000+) could easily purchase DTC. All that is required to get this jumpstarted is for a person(s) trusted by the community to:
1) open a ripple account
2) send me DTC, this is how a ripple balance (IOU) is created
3) Publicly commit to redeeming the ripple DTC

I am very active with Ripple and I have written automated market maker 'bots to make markets in various issues. I would be very happy to add support for DTC and it seems that offering the DTC community an alternate means of trading would only help. I haven't automated the redemption part yet, and I volunteer to do it manually at first. If the work gets too much, I will automate it.

The orderbook would be denominated in DTC/XRP as that is the simplest way to offer immediate conversion of DTC to everything else. You will be able to send someone BTC or USD or CNY, etc. by automatically having the DTC converted to the destination currency.

None of this requires any long term buy in to ripple. The denomination of DTC in terms of XRP can be changed to BTC if everybody is against XRP, but then the automatic conversion feature would require a hop through BTC orderbook and add to the price.

If there is any interest in this, I would be happy to do what I can to assist and also explain any questions about ripple in general. I wouldn't be making any money directly from doing all this other than the spread between bid and ask, which I intend to make very small, 1% is my typical spread. Also no commissions or other fees. Everyone is encouraged to create their own ripple accounts and trade directly with each other using ripple's distributed ledger. The more active the trading, the smaller the spread and without any commissions, it could rapidly become the best place to buy and sell DTC.

I am a relatively large holder of DTC, I am actively mining it and bter is not exactly large volume. It concerns me that in spite of datacoin's uniqueness, it has not really caught on yet and is sinking in the coinmarketcap.com list, #31 last I checked. I am also a believer in what ripple is doing. The more altcoins I can bring into ripple, the more the ripple ecosystem improves, the better it is for me, since I also have significant XRP holdings. You can read more about me at altGateway.com

James

P.S. If anybody is interested in helping, especially with the redemption side of things I would be very glad for this. I don't really want to be handling other people's DTC, so ideally a community trusted person could have control over the acct that contains the collateral for the ripple balances.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
helloword2013

Activity: 333

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:01:01 AM

It is great! Grin
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 08:18:28 AM

Hello, I am very new here and actually quite new to the whole crypto arena.

However, I am very active within the Ripple community. I have heard that there is a big bias against ripple in the bitcoin world, but I hope you will keep an open mind and finish reading my post Smiley

Ripple is currency agnostic, so that means that its distributed ledger can be used for any currency, including DTC.

I think it is important to leverage what infrastructure already exists. People are clamoring for more ways to trade DTC and ripple can do that, literally overnight.

I am not sure if you know about how the ripple system works, but there needs to be an issuer of an IOU and the IOU is what trades. What this means is that the issuer has to be trusted by the people who are trading to redeem it when requested. I am a newbie here and I don't expect anybody to trust me. However, if there was somebody in the datacoin community that everyone trusted who would issue the DTC within ripple, I can make a market in it.

Once there is a market, then anybody with a ripple account (currently 50,000+) could easily purchase DTC. All that is required to get this jumpstarted is for a person(s) trusted by the community to:
1) open a ripple account
2) send me DTC, this is how a ripple balance (IOU) is created
3) Publicly commit to redeeming the ripple DTC

I am very active with Ripple and I have written automated market maker 'bots to make markets in various issues. I would be very happy to add support for DTC and it seems that offering the DTC community an alternate means of trading would only help. I haven't automated the redemption part yet, and I volunteer to do it manually at first. If the work gets too much, I will automate it.

The orderbook would be denominated in DTC/XRP as that is the simplest way to offer immediate conversion of DTC to everything else. You will be able to send someone BTC or USD or CNY, etc. by automatically having the DTC converted to the destination currency.

None of this requires any long term buy in to ripple. The denomination of DTC in terms of XRP can be changed to BTC if everybody is against XRP, but then the automatic conversion feature would require a hop through BTC orderbook and add to the price.

If there is any interest in this, I would be happy to do what I can to assist and also explain any questions about ripple in general. I wouldn't be making any money directly from doing all this other than the spread between bid and ask, which I intend to make very small, 1% is my typical spread. Also no commissions or other fees. Everyone is encouraged to create their own ripple accounts and trade directly with each other using ripple's distributed ledger. The more active the trading, the smaller the spread and without any commissions, it could rapidly become the best place to buy and sell DTC.

I am a relatively large holder of DTC, I am actively mining it and bter is not exactly large volume. It concerns me that in spite of datacoin's uniqueness, it has not really caught on yet and is sinking in the coinmarketcap.com list, #31 last I checked. I am also a believer in what ripple is doing. The more altcoins I can bring into ripple, the more the ripple ecosystem improves, the better it is for me, since I also have significant XRP holdings. You can read more about me at altGateway.com

James

P.S. If anybody is interested in helping, especially with the redemption side of things I would be very glad for this. I don't really want to be handling other people's DTC, so ideally a community trusted person could have control over the acct that contains the collateral for the ripple balances.

Intersting thought about Ripple, check your PM Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: