Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:31:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: COINBASE - Serious Issue - Reversing Bank Deposits, erroneous withdrawals, etc..  (Read 9316 times)
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:49:10 AM

PM olaf from coinbase on these forums he usually responds back quick and with good results. Recently the few support issues I have had have been responded to pretty quickly too now though that more support has been hired.

At first he did reply fairly quickly but he stopped now. Sad

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 04:52:44 AM

PM olaf from coinbase on these forums he usually responds back quick and with good results. Recently the few support issues I have had have been responded to pretty quickly too now though that more support has been hired.

At first he did reply fairly quickly but he stopped now. Sad

I just re-pmed him, and bumped my case on their support. Lets see how long it takes for them to respond.

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:19:17 AM

I'm finally getting really upset at coinbase.

In the past few days they have been sending me these messages:

"Olaf replied:
Thank you for contacting Coinbase Support! Unfortunately, we are experiencing a tremendous volume of support requests, and have not been able to answer your ticket in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, simply reply to this email with a note that you still need help (you don't need to re-explain the issue you're experiencing), and we will do our best to address it as soon as possible. If your issue has been resolved please do not reply to this email.

We have been experiencing exponential growth and are quickly expanding our support team to match. Thank you for your patience during this time and for your continued support while we grow!
"

Its insulting to ask if I am still experiencing difficulties, and it's more then once that they send this message, each time I reply back YES but they only send em another Olaf Excuse. WTF. Seriously, it's been over a month now and you can't find the time to direct some support person to my issue? Jerks.

more or less retired.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:23:13 PM

I'm finally getting really upset at coinbase.

In the past few days they have been sending me these messages:

"Olaf replied:
Thank you for contacting Coinbase Support! Unfortunately, we are experiencing a tremendous volume of support requests, and have not been able to answer your ticket in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, simply reply to this email with a note that you still need help (you don't need to re-explain the issue you're experiencing), and we will do our best to address it as soon as possible. If your issue has been resolved please do not reply to this email.

We have been experiencing exponential growth and are quickly expanding our support team to match. Thank you for your patience during this time and for your continued support while we grow!
"

Its insulting to ask if I am still experiencing difficulties, and it's more then once that they send this message, each time I reply back YES but they only send em another Olaf Excuse. WTF. Seriously, it's been over a month now and you can't find the time to direct some support person to my issue? Jerks.

They aren't trying to insult you. They get a lot of spam request do they occasionally send this out Nd if you reply to it then they know tag you ate real and need your problem solved.

patricktim

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:25:29 AM

I am trying to contact Coinbase about withdrawal haven't gotten a reply yet.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:49:31 PM

I am trying to contact Coinbase about withdrawal haven't gotten a reply yet.

Same here. They randomly took out 0.08 out of my account and I want to know why.

bittydude

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:18:35 PM

i was going to take my 500btc/120day volume to the coinbase outfit instead of virtex...nope! sticking with my guys in me homeland.
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:41:35 PM

Thanks for the heads-up to watch them. I recently signed-up and did two buys. No issues yet.
Are they the only site that can do ACH transfers so far?

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:46:06 AM

Got an email from support this morning:

"JAN 16, 2014  |  09:19PM PST
Alex replied:
Hi there,

Thanks for alerting us to this problem! It appears that the ACH credits on your sell of 1.00 BTC for $586.72 were sent out twice in error. In response, our system initiated a debit to correct the duplication. When this debit of your bank account was reversed due to insufficient funds (R01), the system reclaimed 1.00 BTC from your Coinbase balance instead (OC977Q2O).

Thanks again for bearing with us on this!"

Get that? So not only did they debit my account without telling me, (incurring a overdraft fee that I have to pay and coinbase still doesn't look like they will take responsibility for), they then "RECLAIMED" 1BTC from my coinbase balance instead.

I'm furious. I've written the CEO Brian with the hopes of getting a response, but so far, I'm just so angry. None of this stuff was listed in my transaction history (at least at the time) and there was no communication from them it was going on.

more or less retired.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:26:52 PM

Alex replied:
Hi there,

Thanks for alerting us to this problem! It appears that the ACH credits on your sell of 1.00 BTC for $586.72 were sent out twice in error. In response, our system initiated a debit to correct the duplication. When this debit of your bank account was reversed due to insufficient funds (R01), the system reclaimed 1.00 BTC from your Coinbase balance instead (OC977Q2O).

Get that? So not only did they debit my account without telling me, (incurring a overdraft fee that I have to pay and coinbase still doesn't look like they will take responsibility for), they then "RECLAIMED" 1BTC from my coinbase balance instead.

I'm furious. I've written the CEO Brian with the hopes of getting a response, but so far, I'm just so angry. None of this stuff was listed in my transaction history (at least at the time) and there was no communication from them it was going on.

You are very lucky and unlucky. You are lucky because atleast you got a reply, but unlucky because it didnt get solved.

Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:17:12 PM

Alex replied:
Hi there,

I'm having a hard time following what the issue is here. Is the only issue an insufficient funds fee that the OP had to pay? And why did that happen if the debit came a week after the credit? Shouldn't the bank be at fault for not processing the debit correctly? Clearly the debit was just a reversal of the previous credit.
bittydude

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:53:09 PM

Alex replied:
Hi there,

When a unregulated company is using your account as a piggy bank, get the hell out.
newts

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:55:25 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 01:06:08 PM by newts

I have been having good luck with Coin Base.  They are slow  but the only alternative is btQuick and you have to give so much personal info to regester it is scary.  Coinbase just gets access to your checking account which BitQuick gets access to you banking accoung web account (savings etc.)

At first Coin Base really was a pain,  but it you plan and only do one or two transactions per week it seems to work pretty well.  Don't know what I would do without it actually.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:00:18 PM

My issue recently got solved! Smiley

newts

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:07:37 PM

Yes I think they see that BtQuick is falling had and have a good change at corning the market,  so the have their game hats on Grin
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:41:48 PM

Yes I think they see that BtQuick is falling had and have a good change at corning the market,  so the have their game hats on Grin

If you need to get your ticket solved, you can just call them...

newts

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:02:14 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 08:27:01 PM by newts

Yes I think they see that BtQuick is falling had and have a good change at corning the market,  so the have their game hats on Grin

That's what I heard but I generally sleep when they are open.      I understand you can do a transaction now without having to generate a service tickets.

Its good to have competition,   that's all I'm saying. 

Edit: I just checked and btquick is out of btc's AND you can't use your checking account.

I guess as many problems people have with Coin Base,   the ONLY alternative is much worse.   This is to be expected when there is no real competition,   either there isn't a profitable market for this sort of service or it is too new.  But without being about to buy btc's from your checking account sitting at your computer I don't see the platform surviving.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 08:51:49 PM

Yes I think they see that BtQuick is falling had and have a good change at corning the market,  so the have their game hats on Grin

That's what I heard but I generally sleep when they are open.      I understand you can do a transaction now without having to generate a service tickets.

Edit: I just checked and btquick is out of btc's AND you can't use your checking account.

I guess as many problems people have with Coin Base,   the ONLY alternative is much worse.   This is to be expected when there is no real competition,   either there isn't a profitable market for this sort of service or it is too new.  But without being about to buy btc's from your checking account sitting at your computer I don't see the platform surviving.

You are right. BTW the way, you can call them right now.

newts

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:04:43 PM

And I guess that's what surprised me the most about BTC,   the only reliable way to buy them is a 40  mile drive to quwickmart or walmart to buy an money pak or similar and HOPE you find a reputable seller on the internet,  no commerce can survive long term liik that.  We need serves like Coin Base and BTQuick to be reliable for BTC to survive.    And no Well Fargo isn't open when I'm not working or sleeping.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 09:54:05 PM

And I guess that's what surprised me the most about BTC,   the only reliable way to buy them is a 40  mile drive to quwickmart or walmart to buy an money pak or similar and HOPE you find a reputable seller on the internet,  no commerce can survive long term liik that.  We need serves like Coin Base and BTQuick to be reliable for BTC to survive.    And no Well Fargo isn't open when I'm not working or sleeping.

I wasnt talking about wells fargo. You can call Coinbase right now if you have any issues.

On another note, some people are having issues with coinbase and they are fine with other exchanges. Each has its pros and cons and it all depends on what you prefer.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: