Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Miner with command-line, multiple PCs, auto-detec hardware and idle time  (Read 4897 times)
LDA (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:55:50 PM

Hi All,

I'm interested in begin working with BitCoin mining, I have good experience with computers but very few experience with BTC mining and I would be very thankful if you could help. I'm looking for a bitcoin mining application that meet my requirements:

1) I have several computers at my office and I would like to put them to work for BTCs. How should I do it? I mean, can I install a client and provide my login details to it? Each client will receive proper information to work on different crypto? Or all of them will do the same work and I will lose the advantage of multiple computers? What is the proper solution? A kind of concentrator? Clients suggestion?

2) Preferable I want a client for Windows (since all my computers are windows based) and that are able to be called / executed via command line (no graphical interface). This will help a lot to automate the process and waste time going box by box to install and configure it. Smiley

3) Also, is there a client with these requirements that allows both CPU and GPU? Preferable a client that is able to find all my CPU cores and GPUs and put them to work. Suggestions?

4) Another very important feature, is there a option to define at this client that it should only use idle time of these computers? Smiley

Thanks a lot.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 04:06:16 AM

CGWatcher & CGRemote should help you do most of this. Both are portable so no installation required. You can setup CGWatcher on one computer then copy the folder to other computers and all settings will be the same. You can set them all to use the same file for profiles, so you only have to setup profiles (pools & config) once in one place. You can set profiles to use local, network, or online (URL) config files. If you set them to use a shared config file, you can still customize configuration for individual miners (e.g. different hardware) using CGWatcher's variables or by setting Profile arguments (which override config file settings).

You can set CGWatcher to run minimized to the system tray and to launch cgminer/bfgminer hidden, but there will be a splash screen on startup and tray icon because it is not intended to help people run stealth miners without the user's consent. You can also set it to start with Windows, and automatically start mining when it is started.

CPU mining may be an issue, because there was never a need to support it in CGWatcher. By the time I started mining, CPU mining was all but gone. Since newer versions of cgminer and bfgminer don't support CPU mining (unless perhaps you compile yourself with CPU support), I don't know if/when I would add support. There is already a bit of CPU-related code in there in case it was ever requested but is not finished since nobody ever asked for it.

CGWatcher can be scheduled to start mining, stop mining, enable/disable devices, change intensity, etc. at specific times, when certain events happen, when the computer is idle or not idle, when a specific program runs or stops, etc. It also monitors the miner for problems and resolves them automatically.

And lastly, CGRemote allows you to sit at one computer and manage all of the miners in one program. It works with any miner on any OS, regardless of if the miner has CGWatcher or not. However, if you do have CGWatcher running on the miner, you will have a lot more functionality - including remote profile manager, remote file explorer, remote text editor, remote task manager, etc.

More information:

CGWatcher
http://www.cgwatcher.com
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185553.0

CGRemote (in beta)
http://www.minerremote.com

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: