Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 12:26:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: linking computers  (Read 381 times)
Uniphase21 (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:43:29 PM

I am a newb to mining. I understand that it is not profitable but I have close to 60 computers. I want to mine because I am interested in doing it and it sounds like it may be fun even though it is a money losing proposition. My computers are all on anyway so I am not really going to be paying that much more for power.

Is there software out there that can link the computers together to mine as a team so to speak? Is this even possible or would I be better off just setting up the mining software and have them work independently.

What is the best mining software to mine on a cpu stand alone or as a group of computers?
JohnyCrypt

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:52:43 AM

You could mine Primecoin, Protoshares, or Quark via a pool and just point all of those computers at the pool.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:01:32 AM

Is there software out there that can link the computers together to mine as a team so to speak? Is this even possible or would I be better off just setting up the mining software and have them work independently.

I believe much easier would be set up the mining software and have them work independently.
Make sure you have owner acknowledgment to use for this because the comp will use more electricity and the CPU fans will be quite noisy...
Uniphase21 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:47:19 AM

I am using cgminer and started using btcguild

I am showing a zero has rate, any idea what I am doing wrong?
Winterfrost

Activity: 717
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:51:09 AM

I am using cgminer and started using btcguild

I am showing a zero has rate, any idea what I am doing wrong?

If you're just using the latest version of cgminer, it doesn't include CPU mining code by default any more (nor GPU for that matter).
Uniphase21 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:02:45 AM

so if I am mining on a cpu,do I need another miner or can I get cgminer to work?
Winterfrost

Activity: 717
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:07:11 AM

so if I am mining on a cpu,do I need another miner or can I get cgminer to work?

You're probably better off finding another miner. I'd look into mining a cpu-mined alternative currency like Primecoin or a scrypt coin. If you really want to work with Bitcoin only, you might be able to find a version of jgarzik's (I think) old cpu miner, though I don't know if it will work with any of the current pools.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: