Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:18:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are Smart Contract bugs and vulnerabilities a real issue for blockchain projects now?
Yes, a very serious issue
Yes, but a moderate issue
Maybe
No, only a slight issue
No, not at all

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart Contract Bugs  (Read 71 times)
Aegis Platform (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 08:58:30 AM

So Aegis Platform (www.aegissmartcontracts.com) will be launching a platform that allows code authors to conduct all their audits (expert audits, automated audits and bug bounty audits) in one place and earn certification. Considering what happened with The DAO and Parity, we think this is a serious issue. But what do you think? Have you been affected by any smart contract bugs and vulnerabilities over the last one year?
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:00:37 AM

I think there really needs to be a platform to review the code.
Because of the recent loopholes that can increase the circulation of tokens, the impact of this vulnerability is enormous.

Aegis Platform (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 09:06:38 AM

Because of the recent loopholes that can increase the circulation of tokens, the impact of this vulnerability is enormous.

We agree. How are you currently going about figuring out if a smart contract is secure before investing in a project?
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:18:17 AM

It is logical that in the technology of smart contracts there will be both errors and vulnerabilities. In every technology, this is and will be.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:21:13 AM

You are missing something here, the OP says that this plaform could review the code of any of the active smart contracts, which may lead to breaking them and funds to be stolen.
On the other hand I think that if this platform's developers were able to hack any smart contract, they were doing it already, and the fact that they didn't just  show that the contracts that are now live are probably vulnerability to hacks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: