Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:39:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed GC3355 -Hybrid Scrypt/SHA256 ASIC  (Read 107931 times)
lanfanblue

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:16:05 AM

The picture posted above is an evaluation board or development board for developers, not for end user.

There was a press conference last week in Beijing, where participants can buy those boards and chips.
And those boards are delivered to developers in other part of China this week.

There is no detail information of miners for end user by now. The only info for USB miner is that one USB miner is equipped with 4 or 5 chips, depending on the temperature and cooling design. And USB miner is powered externally with an additional power cable.

That's all the info I know by now. I will let all of you know when new info is published.
I'm Chinese, and I'll do the translator job for all of you don't understand Chinese. Hope my translation is better than Google's. Cheesy

BTW, I brought two development boards and they should be delivered to me in one or two days. I'll post my experience after some testing.
Super!

Can you share with us what was the cost of dev boards?

Thank you

At the press conference, the dev board is 500CNY each, and 400CNY for one chip only.
It's ~82USD each dev board, and ~65USD each chip.

You can check chip's datasheet here: https://github.com/gridseed/gc3355-doc and calculate its $/GHash

Personally, I hope the miner's price will be much lower than $65/chip. But there are still many people think the price will remain the same.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:29:05 AM

The picture posted above is an evaluation board or development board for developers, not for end user.

There was a press conference last week in Beijing, where participants can buy those boards and chips.

There is no detail information of miners for end user by now. The only info for USB miner is that one USB miner is equipped with 4 or 5 chips, depending on the temperature and cooling design. And USB miner is powered externally with an additional power cable.

That's all the info I know by now. I will let all of you know when new info is published.
I'm Chinese, and I'll do the translator job for all of you don't understand Chinese. Hope my translation is better than Google's. Cheesy

BTW, I brought two development boards and they should be delivered to me in one or two days. I'll post my experience after some testing.
Super!

Thank you

At the press conference, the dev board is 500CNY each, and 400CNY for one chip only.

You can check chip's datasheet here: https://github.com/gridseed/gc3355-doc and calculate its $/GHash

Personally, I hope the miner's price will be much lower than $65/chip. But there are still many people think the price will remain the same.
Thank you

Unfortunately 65 USD/chip for mass production is not a deal for me. Let us hope that they will lower the price when time comes.
Best

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:13:35 PM

Super!

Thank you

Thank you

Unfortunately 65 USD/chip for mass production is not a deal for me. Let us hope that they will lower the price when time comes.
Best

Do you think you could ask them if they're using 512Kbit or 256Kbit of memory per core? I'm curious if they're using "lookup gap" 2 or 3.

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:19:15 PM

Very cool stuff.

Definitely interested in LTC and BTC as well.

Hybrid approach is very creative.

It would be, if it was produced one year ago. They missed BTC train, and additional scrypt power will not be enough to catch up. I would bet on solo scrypt ASIC, not on hybrid...

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:07:57 PM

Best

The chips only cost a few dollars each to produce, so there's a big margin for profit there...  It'll come down to be competitive, same as before with ASICMINER.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
micax1

Activity: 708
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:28:54 PM

any news / updates? anybody in usa involved?
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:33:33 PM

Best

The chips only cost a few dollars each to produce, so there's a big margin for profit there...  It'll come down to be competitive, same as before with ASICMINER.
Shure they will do, but they will become of no interest for us even if they are free, because just money and time spent to make them mine will never pay out. I am not talking about profit at all

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:56:38 PM

Any Updates on when boards or devices will be ready?

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:01:41 PM

Any Updates on when boards or devices will be ready?
Or chip availability for that matter?  There's still a lot of interest out here.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:20:12 PM

I'm up for more than a few  Grin
lanfanblue

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:28:36 AM

Sorry to inform you all. Still no updates on their products.

But they were looking for some resellers in China a couple of weeks ago. International resellers will be open for application later on (hopefully...)
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 03:23:38 AM

Sorry to inform you all. Still no updates on their products.

But they were looking for some resellers in China a couple of weeks ago. International resellers will be open for application later on (hopefully...)

I would like to apply to be an International reseller later on.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:21:14 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 06:36:59 PM by subSTRATA

Hybrid approach is very creative.

It would be, if it was produced one year ago. They missed BTC train, and additional scrypt power will not be enough to catch up. I would bet on solo scrypt ASIC, not on hybrid...

Check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397831.0 and jump onboard while difficulty is still low. Or at least get fully synced
wallet (it helps the network so thanks in advance!) and some MED for free over https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=398948.0

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
MiMiMiner

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:28:15 PM

Hi,

Can somebody please PM me that has contacts with these people. We are very interested. Currently we have a pilot running with 80 GPU servers. We want to expand bigtime.

Thanks.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:55:22 PM

Hi,

Can somebody please PM me that has contacts with these people. We are very interested. Currently we have a pilot running with 80 GPU servers. We want to expand bigtime.

Thanks.

That's what you call a pilot?  Grin
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:03:43 PM

Hi,

Thanks.

That's what you call a pilot?  Grin

Pilot is 1.2TH Scrypt mining lab. Maybe 50000 of these chips with 1/40 of the GPU powertake.
This Scrypt Hashpower would translate to around what 2000 AMD GPU cards.. with powertake +300kwh..
Just rough numbers i could assume wrong. but hey i would wanna see that 2000 GPU farm  Grin

http://middlecoin2.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/reports/1M3jtksp1upR33SX1VzeCfH5x9fc6zKykR.html

Treggar

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:15:58 PM

How did these two boards perform?
sfire

Activity: 46
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:18:48 PM

Hi,

Thanks.

Pilot is 1.2TH Scrypt mining lab. Maybe 50000 of these chips with 1/40 of the GPU powertake.
This Scrypt Hashpower would translate to around what 2000 AMD GPU cards.. with powertake +300kwh..
Just rough numbers i could assume wrong. but hey i would wanna see that 2000 GPU farm  Grin

http://middlecoin2.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/reports/1M3jtksp1upR33SX1VzeCfH5x9fc6zKykR.html

GC3355 is on public sale. At BeiJing time 2014-1-14 18:00PM.
Mail 1 day after pay.
one USB Machine = 360K LTC + 10G BTC
(when only mining LTC is 7w, both mining LTC & BTC is 60w)
http://cybtc.com/thread-4792-1-1.html

God bless LTC
Treggar

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

7 watts for 360kh/s scrypt mining isn't bad ... compared to my GPUs lol

Takes a nose dive when doing BTC at the same time though, 60 watts.

Time to start hoarding LTC?
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:57:07 PM

Hi,

Thanks.

Just rough numbers i could assume wrong. but hey i would wanna see that 2000 GPU farm  Grin

GC3355 is on public sale. At BeiJing time 2014-1-14 18:00PM.
Mail 1 day after pay.
one USB Machine = 360K LTC + 10G BTC
(when only mining LTC is 7w, both mining LTC & BTC is 60w)
http://cybtc.com/thread-4792-1-1.html

God bless LTC

That page says shipping in May, doesn't it? Hard to read. Those are beautiful little miners though, if they make them in mass quantity and start shipping quickly, they will be a hot seller.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: