Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a couple of simple programs (xmpp related)  (Read 623 times)
Topazan (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:27:44 AM

I've tried to find existing tools to do this, but I didn't get anywhere.  If you find programs that fit these two requirements, and walk me through their installation, configuration, and use, I'll pay you a bounty of $35 in btc.  Otherwise, I'd like to comission someone to write them.

Program one:  I need to be able to send an xmpp message from the command line, providing sending address, password, receiving address, and message in one go.  Something like:
sendx sender@example.com mypassword receiver@example.com "Hello World"

Program two:  This program takes three parameters: xmpp address, password, and command.  It listens on the address it is given, and whenever it receives a message, it calls "command" with the sender's address and message as parameters. Something like
receivex receiver@example.com mypassword echo

Language doesn't matter too much, but I recommend ruby due to the fact that its "blather" xmpp library seems most up to date.  The fewer dependencies the program has, the better.  I will test the completed programs on a selection of xmpp servers, using pidgin as the "control group".  If you write these programs, I expect to have access to the source code.  You may share it freely, and/or make it open source.

I'm using this solution simply because I've given up hope at being able to directly use the language of my main project, which is common lisp.  If you can create a working library (cl-xmpp returns an error for me), I'd be willing to pay even more.

If you're interested, let me know what you intend to do and how much you want for it.

Save the last bitcoin for me!
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:34:06 AM

I take that you forgot to specify the server there ? Otherwise I can't see this working.

I can do this through Python for you, delivered today, open sourced here if you're fine with it. I give you the code, you send 0.1 BTC, if it works all good for you, send another 0.1 BTC. Any dispute will be done based on the open source code.

Topazan (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:42:13 AM

Thanks for your interest.

Isn't the server specified as part of the address?

I have to admit that 0.2 BTC is a little more than I hoped to pay, but not too much more.  Nevertheless, I'd like to wait for other offers before I say yes.

Topazan (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:49:17 AM

That's more like it.  Is it ok if I wait until morning to test it?

Topazan (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:54:08 AM

Alright then, I'll pm you with my email address, you can send the program and your payment address when you're finished.

moderate

Activity: 98

nearly dead

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:57:57 AM

Isn't the server specified as part of the address?

Are you going to assume a specific port always ? Or maybe you meant JID instead sending address, then that's correct.

Anyway, the race to the bottom has started, enjoy the worst possible solution.
Topazan (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:00:02 AM

I forgot one requirement: the "listener" program should automatically accept friend requests, or whatever they're called in xmpp.  Will that be a problem?

@moderate- That's a good point.

Look, I'm sorry but $50 is much closer to what I planned to spend on this project.  If I find I'm not satisfied with gweedo's work, I'll keep you in mind.  You have to realize, neither of you submitted any sort of resumes, I have no reason to believe that he's a worse programmer than you.  The price is all I have to go by.

userteste

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:04:12 AM

I can do it for 40$ usd (in bitcoin or litecoin)

I've done other jobs here, check with https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=66732
Topazan (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:06:00 AM

Unfortunately, since I already agreed to gweedo's offer it's too late.  I will keep you in mind as well for future projects.  Just so I know, what language(s) do you work with?

Rycco

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 04:02:04 AM

Hello,

I'm a Ruby on Rails developer with more than 3 years of experience and I'd be able to work on that for you. Here's my topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241658.0

I'd charge 0.1 bitcoin to do it. Please PM if you want it done by today.

Thanks,

AGILE WEB DEVELOPER  Senior Ruby on Rails Developer. Let's talk about your project! - SPANISH / PORTUGUESE / ENGLISH (TRANSLATOR)

Warncoin! Free SMS alert for Bitcoin's price I've developed.!

My Web Developer Topic.

userteste

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:15:11 AM

Unfortunately, since I already agreed to gweedo's offer it's too late.  I will keep you in mind as well for future projects.  Just so I know, what language(s) do you work with?
python
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: