Bitcoin Forum
October 09, 2024, 06:25:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: 1 MB Block Limit  (Read 950 times)
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:49:45 AM

In this video, I talk about how bitcoin is approaching the 1 MB block limit. I also talk about various ways in which it is perceived that this problem will be fixed.

Video: http://youtu.be/BBFkc8VAfcQ
gangplank

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:40:05 AM

Long neck is long.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4718
Merit: 1277

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:06:19 AM

I cannot say that I found the vid very informative.  Indeed, it was so vague that it didn't even have he desired calming effect on me either.

Most of the blocks I look at have around .15 in transaction fees.  About $150 in todays terms and less than 1/100th of the 25 BTC block reward.  I'd like to see transaction fees become a noticeable amount of the economics behind mining since, in theory, that is supposed to happen at some point.

The alternative is that money is made on Bitcoin not from block rewards for work but from harvesting intelligence data from users in the same way that e-mail and cloud services are currently subsidized by large players in the space.  That can work, but the only entities with incentive to run the infrastructure are those who can make use of the intelligence data, and there are relatively few entities in this category.

Of course a hybrid solution would be that infrastructure operators sell their data to the highest bidder.  That is, to me, little better than just having the Googles of the world run things and I expect that the mid-sized operators would be put of of business by the large players unless some other artificial construct intervened.  More likely the artificial constructs would promote development toward monster players since these are easier to control.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:53:27 PM

Well I want to thank you guys for watching my video, and I value your responses very much. Thank you Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: