Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:40:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Registration Broken  (Read 689 times)
The_Gloomfrost (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:57:57 AM

If you make any error (like password needs to be longer than 8 characters), you can no longer register with the username you just tried. It just tells you 'You just registered 45sec ago', which I didn't, and logging in or waiting did not help. Had to use a diff username.

Also as I just tried to post something here, it said 'Your last post was less than 360 sec ago'.

What's going on here? ...
bosscoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:01:06 AM

this error comes up even after you login
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:34:41 AM

If you make any error (like password needs to be longer than 8 characters), you can no longer register with the username you just tried. It just tells you 'You just registered 45sec ago', which I didn't, and logging in or waiting did not help. Had to use a diff username.

Also as I just tried to post something here, it said 'Your last post was less than 360 sec ago'.

Try waiting for 45 seconds and then re-register with the username you want. Also newbies have a 360 second limit on posting.

Dmche

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:14:44 AM

Never have this problem. Even if my captcha is wrong and my password is not ok, I can use the same username and password, by just waiting for 45 seconds.

Yes, as a newbie and jr member, you will need to wait 360 seconds between each post, you will also need to wait for 360 seconds to make your post after login.
This time limit will be a lot lower when you get to member (15 activity).

All these measures are trying to reduce spam.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:26:11 AM

Never have this problem. Even if my captcha is wrong and my password is not ok, I can use the same username and password, by just waiting for 45 seconds.

Yes, as a newbie and jr member, you will need to wait 360 seconds between each post, you will also need to wait for 360 seconds to make your post after login.
This time limit will be a lot lower when you get to member (15 activity).

All these measures are trying to reduce spam.

And to reduce the amount of scammers as well...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: